The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Draft and Off Season Talk

Rate this topic

Odd.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

McTavish and Fantilli could end up being one of the top C combos in the league. Especially if Fantilli proves that he is franchise level. McTavish is a complete gamer. 

Wood drawing comparisons to McTavish and M. Tkachuk 

10 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Yes he'd be spineless.

Pull a Lindros. Don't reward an organization that covered up sexual assault. 

That’s the NHL brass’ responsibility and they failed to competently and accurately punish CHI for something so disgusting and disturbing.

This has nothing to do with Bedard or anyone else in the current climate, save for the pricks who were on the roster at the time and looked the other way.

if you want to chastise someone, go after Kane or Toews, not someone who has absolutely nothing to do with what occurred.

What’s spineless is placing your concept of justice on the back of someone who has no previous connection to the franchise at all and then pre-judging them if they follow through on what is a professional obligation. Focus your energy. You’re totally misfiring here.

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Nazar, Korchinski, Reichel etc. are pretty solid young prospects but it’s all a crapshoot.

Kid from Saskatchewan Korchinski is a top D prospect right now.

You have that second 1st and four 2nds. The number of D increase from 20-60ish. 

Spend a couple 2nds and that 2nd 1st on D and probably almost double up the quality of the D pool. 

Oliver Bonk out of London is probably a good pick with one of those. RD high IQ solid defensively. I like his game and want him but we don’t have a pick in the 20-40 range anymore.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Never believed the Canucks would win.

Fully believe the league rigged it to send him to Chicago.

The NBA has been rigging lotteries forever. Not far fetched to believe a former NBA commissioner would be doing the same thing…

When are Canucks fans going to stop blaming the league for the shortcomings of the team and put it squarely where it belongs.

Canuck ownership.

Trevor Linden- leaves the Canucks under mysterious circumstances.

Jim Benning- wins cup in Boston then completely s@#ts the bed in Vancouver

Jim Rutherford- 2 Stanley Cups with the Penguins and is, so far, falling short here.

Now they've hired. what was supposed to be, a superstar management team, and it seems to be broken.

These hockey people aren't simply crossing the BC border and forgetting how to manage teams and suddenly start making unwise, and at times, stupid decisions.

This wreaks of ownership tampering or, at the very least, ownership not knowing, or caring about, it's fan-base.

I don't know that Aquaman, truly understands the game of hockey.

He may know the business side but, Does he understand what it takes to win a Stanley Cup?

I have to say no because this team isn't even close and, imo, we're looking at a sixtieth anniversary, still without one.

As I see it, this is, absolutely, an ownership issue.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's easier to believe in a silly conspiracy, rather than admit that this is a franchise that has consistently tried to make the playoffs, even when that was absolutely the best they could hope for....

...and now we're "surprised" that we consistently draft somewhere around #10? :rolleyes:

I don't mind the conspiracies, to some extent I understand the feeling. I find the team morale and 'losing with honour' to be a lot more frustrating. It feels like I have been arguing with these same people for nearly a decade, only the phrases have changed, before it used to be 'losing culture' and 'look at Edmonton'. 

Edited by Toews

13 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

When are Canucks fans going to stop blaming the league for the shortcomings of the team and put it squarely where it belongs.

Canuck ownership.

Trevor Linden- leaves the Canucks under mysterious circumstances.

Jim Benning- wins cup in Boston then completely s@#ts the bed in Vancouver

Jim Rutherford- 2 Stanley Cups with the Penguins and is, so far, falling short here.

Now they've hired. what was supposed to be, a superstar management team, and it seems to be broken.

These hockey people aren't simply crossing the BC border and forgetting how to manage teams and suddenly start making unwise, and at times, stupid decisions.

This wreaks of ownership tampering or, at the very least, ownership not knowing, or caring about, it's fan-base.

I don't know that Aquaman, truly understands the game of hockey.

He may know the business side but, Does he understand what it takes to win a Stanley Cup?

I have to say no because this team isn't even close and, imo, we're looking at a sixtieth anniversary, still without one.

As I see it, this is, absolutely, an ownership issue.

100% agreed. If the Aquilini continue to own this team, I don’t expect to see a Canucks cup in my lifetime. I’m 31.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Chicago was third worst in the entire league, so why would they not be picking one of the top if not top picks in the draft ?

Canucks are positioned well to take a very good player, not sure what all the crying is about. End of the day the NHLers on the team are playing for jobs and to better their standing on the team and for team success, they don't care about losing to have a better draft pick, such a lame mentality of people hoping to tank or mad that the team improved as the season went on.

hahaha yes. Cant wait for us to pick our next Lekkerimaki while the Rapehawks get....... Bedard !

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Good grief! Publicly flipping-over an organized deck of cards.. is not a very transparent draft procedure.

It’s theatre! 

The worst team in the standings - should draft 1st.

Draft in reverse order of the league standings, afterwards. What’s wrong with that? Transparent & un-riggable.

Tanking, should it happen, has its’ own price & consequences in marketplaces. If it happens, there  are locker-room & off-ice losses as well - even if they get to select a top/generational player high & early. 

Edited by viking mama