The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MATHEW WOOD IS THE BEST PLAYER TO TAKE

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

27 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Kicking tires.. more like lucky af if he falls to us every single scout has him ranked 5-10 from what i’ve seen

Not that I needed to be reminded of how much size matters in the playoffs or reg season , but this playoffs reaffirms it. Unless he’s a theoren fluery or Gallagher or Stan Jonathan type player which he’s not!   He’s a gifted small offensive player. The Canucks already have enough of that. And with any luck they trade garland as well. Tochett loves joshua and they resigned di-Giuseppe for a reason. This kid doesn’t even come close to be a tochett kind of player. 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Not that I needed to be reminded of how much size matters in the playoffs or reg season , but this playoffs reaffirms it. Unless he’s a theoren fluery or Gallagher or Stan Jonathan type player which he’s not!   He’s a gifted small offensive player. The Canucks already have enough of that. And with any luck they trade garland as well. Tochett loves joshua and they resigned di-Giuseppe for a reason. This kid doesn’t even come close to be a tochett kind of player. 

Think 5"9 175ib Brad Marchand skillset and feistiness. He's not just an offensive player, one of the best defensive forwards in the draft too with a motor that doesn't quit. Not to mention consistently doubted as one with the highest hockey IQ. At 11 it seems a no brainer but we shall see. Likely he's gone anyway.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Think 5"9 175ib Brad Marchand skillset and feistiness. He's not just an offensive player, one of the best defensive forwards in the draft too with a motor that doesn't quit. Not to mention consistently doubted as one with the highest hockey IQ. At 11 it seems a no brainer but we shall see. Likely he's gone anyway.

Positionally the Canucks. Need to address a rt sided defensive deficiency. Hopefully with size. Second to that need. It’s a 2nd or 3rd line center.  Once again hopefully with size.my moneys on  McDonough at 6’3” beating him out of that position. And the Canucks end up picking from a positional need. They absolutely have no need for a small winger. Like none. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, chon derry said:

Positionally the Canucks. Need to address a rt sided defensive deficiency. Hopefully with size. Second to that need. It’s a 2nd or 3rd line center.  Once again hopefully with size.my moneys on  McDonough at 6’3” beating him out of that position. And the Canucks end up picking from a positional need. They absolutely have no need for a small winger. Like none. 

Prefer if they pick the BPA over positional need personally.

Lots of good consolation prizes anyway that fill a need.... Dvorsky.. ASP... hey maybe a blockbuster with CBJ for #3 OA for all we know :) 

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

I’ve seen some where Benson drops out of the top 10. Love to get him. He’s our 2C in 3 years. 

Benson or Moore. One of them is probably going to drop to 11... but if they aren't there that means one of Reinbacher, ASP,  Dvorsky or Leonard will be there.

I'm hoping one of the teams ahead of us goes off the board like the Hughes draft when Kotkaniemi and Hayton were took early. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 5/28/2023 at 9:58 AM, Westcoasting said:

It’s funny how guys who look at prospects for a living don’t agree with you…

how often are the scouts bang on..did you know that so many of these scouts probably dont have the skill set i do to find good players.

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2023 at 9:58 AM, Westcoasting said:

It’s funny how guys who look at prospects for a living don’t agree with you…

yakapov cody hodgson ..how many top three picks turn out..how many late rounders are much better ...was jaime benn a top ten pick..i think he was mop one year...lots of examples where scouts do not research the players attitudes mental toughness or special behaviours..thats what is just as important.

On 5/22/2023 at 7:55 AM, stawns said:

He doesn't skate well enough to be anything close to Tkachuk

Matthew Tkuchuk's only draft concern was if his skating was good enough to be success in the NHL, or he probably would have went top 3. He faced similar questions as Wood.  

On 5/28/2023 at 2:32 PM, chon derry said:

I think they need C over everything else.  

MY SKILL SET IS NATURAL ABILITY RO RECOGNIZE TALENT..SOME PEOPLE HAVE SOME DONT IM NATURAL.....JUST THE WAY IT IS BRO...IF YOU WANT TO BUILD A STANLEY CUP YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW YOUR PLAYERS THINK IN THEIR HEADS..YOU NEED TO KNOW THE BEHAVIOUR PATTERNS AND NEED TO KNOW HOW THEY CAN PLAY AND REACT IN UP AND DOWN SITUATIONS.

4 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

MY SKILL SET IS NATURAL ABILITY RO RECOGNIZE TALENT..SOME PEOPLE HAVE SOME DONT IM NATURAL.....JUST THE WAY IT IS BRO...IF YOU WANT TO BUILD A STANLEY CUP YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW YOUR PLAYERS THINK IN THEIR HEADS..YOU NEED TO KNOW THE BEHAVIOUR PATTERNS AND NEED TO KNOW HOW THEY CAN PLAY AND REACT IN UP AND DOWN SITUATIONS.

Premier League Sport GIF by Liverpool FC

On 5/12/2023 at 3:23 AM, hockeygod77 said:

GO DALLAS GO..LOVE TO SEE BENN GET A CUP...LOCAL KID HAS BEEN A GREAT PLAYER FOR THE NHL AND DESERVES TO GO FOR THE CUP...IM PICK CANES OR DALLAS TO WIN IT ALL..

I'm thinking you might need to fine tune your natural talent.

• Haha 2

image.gif.de1567d296040b760b4ab39df247be2c.gif

• Haha 3