The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Pierre-Luc Dubois has requested a trade

I wonder if Jets could sign him to a 1 year extension, retain half and trade him to LA Kings. 

Then LA immediately signs him to a long term extension. 

LA has a major cap crunch this year, but will have more money freed up next year. 

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

My god we are so screwed 

Vegas 

LA 

seattle

edmonton

at least Calgary is gonna stink 

Seattle overachieved this year IMO. 

I'm mostly worried about Edmonton and LA long term. 

It's why Allvin should be conservative going into next year. Let's steady the ship and make a lot of draft picks without commiting too much money long term other then Petey and Hronek. 

Kopitar, Danault, and Doughty are still the most important LA players and they're 35, 30, and 33 respectively. Them getting PLD would make our division much harder over the next 7-8 years. 

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I wonder if Jets could sign him to a 1 year extension, retain half and trade him to LA Kings. 

Then LA immediately signs him to a long term extension. 

LA has a major cap crunch this year, but will have more money freed up next year. 

Not an option.  Players on a 1-year deal can only be extended 6 months ahead of time.  If he signs for 1 year, the Kings can only negotiate the extension on 1 January.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, mll said:

Not an option.  Players on a 1-year deal can only be extended 6 months ahead of time.  If he signs for 1 year, the Kings can only negotiate the extension on 1 January.  

Thank you to the resident capologist :canucks:

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Kopitar and Doughty are almost done and they seem to be dumping a lot of their young depth.

Oh and they don’t have a goaltender.

They have a couple very young studs on the dline

PLD is a young 1c

Still have Byfield.  
Their future looks very bright.  

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

PLD is a young 1c

Still have Byfield.  

Total gut feeling but they seem to be a team moving to the middle once Kopitar slows down. Wonder if Blake feels the same and why he is looking at some moves with more urgency...while Kop is still at the top of his game

17 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

PLD is a young 1c

Still have Byfield.  

Clarke, Spence, Anderson, Fiala, PLD, 4-5 more years of Doughty, Byfield, etc

Very bright indeed. I’m sure they’ll find a goaltender in the free market or a trade for someone like Ullmark or Hart.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Total gut feeling but they seem to be a team moving to the middle once Kopitar slows down. Wonder if Blake feels the same and why he is looking at some moves with more urgency...while Kop is still at the top of his game

I hope that feeling is right, because we are in for a real battle to get into the playoffs. 

At least we know Calgary is going to suck

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

I love PLD to the Kings just to spite the cocky Habs fans pencilling him onto their roster.

The obnoxiously casual “We’ll take him but not giving anything good up because he’s signing here anyways.” Losers.

Dvorak, Kidney + 2nd for Dubois lmao

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, eeeeergh said:

My god we are so screwed 

Vegas 

LA 

seattle

edmonton

at least Calgary is gonna stink 

Not suggesting a cake walk or anything  here but...

Vegas may have just won a cup (and good for them) but a lot of key contributors on that club are in their 30's, they're always dancing around cap issues, and bleeding depth and futures etc... When they fall, they're going to fall hard. Until then though, they river boat gambled their way to at least one cup, so good on them! But not really a long term threat IMO.

LA, still has two aging vets leading the charge on that team, when they drop off, there's a VERY high chance they regress to the "murky middle", even with their vaunted depth/youth (and especially if they keep spending that youth).

Seattle is well positioned to keep  incrementally improving, on an already good team, but they're also far from unbeatable. They feel a lot like the Hurricanes-West. Really well run, competitive team... That likely doesn't ever actually win, because they're too conservatively run to actually make the big/risky moves that put you over the top.

Edmonton is finally starting to look like they might actually cobble together enough depth to actually contend under the cap, but are always going to struggle there, with multiple high priced contracts eating up vast swaths of cap. And they still need a goalie.  Tick tock... Can they keep it all together and build a deep enough team AND keep it together... We'll see.

Yeah... Good teams. Won't be easy (nor should competing for a cup ever be). But none of those are unbeatable... Particularly in 3+ years.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Kopitar and Doughty are almost done and they seem to be dumping a lot of their young depth.

I think they are pushing too hard right now because of this. I’m good with them falling back into rebuild mode sooner than later 

PLD will be a huge mistake for anyone getting him. If reports are true that he wants around 9.5M per or 8 years then that is a huge overpay. 

The guy never seems to get along with his teams or teammates as well. Being shuffled as many times as he has in his short career is indicative of potential locker room issues.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

They’re actually a perfect example of rebuild on the fly if you look at the youth coming up, and I’m sure they’ll have no issue getting Hart or Ullmark etc. for pennies on the dollar.