The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Travis Green joins Devils' coaching staff

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, Jaimito said:

That's a good team over there. 

Well he Took over Portland Winter Hawks when coach got suspended? Portland was a power house and he took them to memorial cup. Being assistant coach with NJ Devils with power house team will only benefit his future NHL coach job..

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This kind of proves that Green wasn't able to land a head coach job. Goes against everything the media was saying at the time about how highly regarded Green was around the league. 

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Where are the jokers who said he'd never coach again? I like Greener and hope gets back. I still remember some of the fans going hard on Green when it became blatantly obvious the problem was the players.

I said he’d never be a head coach at the nhl level again.

So far that’s still true.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I said he’d never be a head coach at the nhl level again.

So far that’s still true.

Obviously I'm not talking about you.

Yet, haha. Just joking. If he does well he'll probably fins himself a job.

It's hard to criticize a coach when the team is absolute rubbish. Also hard to evaluate when you're not even at the practices or in the room and watching games on tv. Without being there I find the notion of coach bashing kind of silly to be honest.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Where are the jokers who said he'd never coach again? I like Greener and hope gets back. I still remember some of the fans going hard on Green when it became blatantly obvious the problem was the players.

I'd love to see him coach Calgary or Edmonton.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd love to see him coach Calgary or Edmonton.

It sure would be fun to see the matchup 5 times a year or whatever. To beat him and hear "that's a good team over there", would be priceless.

Edited by Gawdzukes

18 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

The same ones who were adamant Torts would never coach again.

Lol ... and then he not only gets hired again but goes on to win the Jack Adams. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Toe Blake could be coaching that team and it still wouldn't be going anywhere in the standings.

Not even if Joel Quenneville and Scotty Bowman were his assistants and Lou Lamiourello was the GM and they had a 300 million dollar salary cap limit. 

4 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

Not even if Joel Quenneville and Scotty Bowman were his assistants and Lou Lamiourello was the GM and they had a 300 million dollar salary cap limit. 

In that 3,000 seat arena?

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it...does it make a sound?"  :ph34r:

edit:  sorry for being kind of snarky today...Alf just drank my last bottle of Scotch.:lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it...does it make a sound?"  :ph34r:

edit:  sorry for being kind of snarky today...Alf just drank my last bottle of Scotch.:lol:

Yeah. He’s drunkaroo.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Alf needed a chaser. :towel:

I don't think he was a bad coach overall. He just evidently overextended his welcome. I understand why fans would think he was terrible overall, but perhaps those fans forget that  the 1st couple of years people actually liked him as a coach here.

I would actually more blame Benning practically hanging onto Green as coach for dear life more than I would blame Green himself.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1

Just now, The Lock said:

I don't think he was a bad coach overall. He just evidently overextended his welcome. I understand why fans would think he was terrible overall, but perhaps those fans forget that  the 1st couple of years people actually liked him as a coach here.

Willie D was a terrible coach. Travis Green has an even worse winning % with us than Willie D. Green seemed like a good guy, as did Willie D. But both weren’t good coaches.