The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrik Allvin media availability

Rate this topic

Baratheon

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Do you really feel that 18 goals and 55 points for $6.65M is what teams are shopping for? 

Looking at forwards around his age making between $6M and $7M:

Connor - 26yo - $7.1M = 31 goals 80 points

Thompson - 25yo - $7.1M = 47 goals 94 points

Nylander - 27yo - $7M = 40 goals 87 points

Boeser - 26yo - $6.65M = 18 goals 55 points

Reinhart - 27yo - $6.5M = 31 goals 67 points

Guentzel - 28yo - $6M = 36 goals 73 points

Pretty darn obvious Boeser is overpaid at the moment given his production in comparison to others around his age range and cap hit.

Brock is the 10th leading scorer from his draft class, where he was drafted #23.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Did Drance say something about P.A. indicating that Miller is going to be a 'shutdown' guy next season?

I missed stuff as I was going between my car and my home computer :(

He said that Miller was used as a shutdown guy last season.  They don't really have a shutdown centre.  That's what they're looking for at 3C.  It's going to be a tough find tbh.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Did Drance say something about P.A. indicating that Miller is going to be a 'shutdown' guy next season?

I missed stuff as I was going between my car and my home computer :(

Alvin praised Miller in how RT focused him to do well in that regard. The hope is we get that 3rd line centre to alleviate this issue so Miller doesn’t have to play this role as much 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

I think it means that Brock is nowhere near as bad as many of the haters around here would have us believe. Injuries and life issues have affected his play, but he wants to be here and he has a very clear idea about what Tocchet expects from him. I believe he will be ready to go at training camp and that he will earn a spot on the top line. Unless, of course, he is injured again.

I don't think he's terrible, I just think he's near impossible to move right now given his production, injury history, cap hit, etc 

4 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Funny how they play Hughes and Demko into the ground to win meaningless games, then try to pay assets to move up in the draft.

Did you ever hear either of them complain about playing too much? Didn't think so. They are pros and they want all the ice time they can get.

• Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Funny how they play Hughes and Demko into the ground to win meaningless games, then try to pay assets to move up in the draft.

It’s all smoke. Never listen to a GM

watch what they do. Hence no buyouts this summer ;)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Did you ever hear either of them complain about playing too much? Didn't think so. They are pros and they want all the ice time they can get.

There isn’t one core player that actually care more about a draft pick over giving every they’ve got to get into the playoffs, even if the chances are slim. Their actually fighting for their own jobs as well as protecting other current roster players jobs. 

Edited by chon derry

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

If Garland is still slower than most in a straight line then he’s still a problem. He can’t pk. He’s so so on the pp. He contributes little unless he has the puck in the o zone. And even then he’s not very direct with his play. 

I’d try ,

Garland and our 11th ( perhaps a prospect as well)

to Arizona

For their 6th .   ( we pick best Dman available)

one would think it’s about time AZ incorporated some vet presence.

The other player I see AZ has coming into UFA is Bret Ritchie,.  29.

He actullay has good soft hands .   Look solid on the 2nd or 3rd line.

not necessarily a “Driver” type player, but becomes one of with one.

Great Heavy game.

4 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Why is Boeser impossible to move now ? do you believe the Friedman's of the World when they suggest competing clubs like the player, would be ideal if one or two million less caphit but the deal breaker was his remaining term lol.

He produces and is likely not moving because he holds value to the Canucks moving forward. 101st in scoring last year among all forwards.

He produces only because he's being carried. Play him on the 3rd and see how he does. 

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’d try ,

Garland and our 11th ( perhaps a prospect as well)

to Arizona

For their 6th .   ( we pick best Dman available)

one would think it’s about time AZ incorporated some vet presence.

The other player I see AZ has coming into UFA is Bret Ritchie,.  29.

He actullay has good soft hands .   Look solid on the 2nd or 3rd line.

not necessarily a “Driver” type player, but becomes one of with one.

Great Heavy game.

Why would Arizona do that? They traded him away. Obviously they don't value him that much.

• There it is 1

51 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Hughes OEL and Myers were all overplayed having the balance of the rest of dman being ahl call ups. When Hughes went down they mobilized bear as soon as they could. This is where hronek will benefit both Hughes and hopefully Myers. As for demko missing 7 weeks I’m sure he was more than happy to make up for lost time. 

• Cheers 1