The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Willander | D

Fanuck

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

My life has been Drance-free for many months now but I’m tempted to re-engage for a day just to hear him blow a gasket.

The worst part is, I actively avoid all the people that CDC complains about. But they love posting their takes, their pictures, and tweets and everything else. Like, if it weren't for CDC, I'd be blissfully unaware of Drance and the other moron pundits that post off the wall takes for engagement.

• There it is 1

Thought for sure we wouldn't pass on Benson, but I am not upset about this pick at all. He seems like a great kid who likes the Canucks and wants to prove them right. Good attitude and is ready get to work. Hope he develops into a solid player for us! 

18 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Real talk, Willander skates like Hughes. It's beautiful and fluid. Those stretch passes too. I dunno man. If y'all wanna cry over Benson, by all means. But damn. This kid looks legit.

I can see Benson being Johathan Drouin 2. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, mikeyman109 said:

while i am pleased to get the RHD we need Im having a hard time getting excited about the pick. Not sure this helps us for another couple years. Perhaps we can still sign a player to fill the void on the back end this FA class. Mayfield or Graves would be a nice addition to the D lineup.Willander wanting to play for the Canucks is a nice touch.

Well 12 million in cap space should ease that  burden.

Quinn is the biggest winner today. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, vancan2233 said:

I can see Benson being Johathan Drouin 2. 

I am pretty high on Benson. But he does have the highest bust potential of the top 15 imo. His skillset is pretty high, but that can only get you so far in the NHL when you have guys that are 6'3 and can skate as fast as you at 5'10, but they have the added strength and size to overwhelm you. You have to be a really special talent to be a superstar at 5'10 these days. Cause so many of the 6'2 and 6'3 guys can skate faster than you and have a bigger frame. Hell, prime Ovi was like 240 pounds and could pylon even the best of defenders.

With that said, I could see Benson being Clayton Keller 2.0. I can like Willander without disparaging other players. I am a fan of hockey and I do want to see Benson succeed. I just want to see Willander succeed more. Lol.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We've been crying for a top flight RHD for years, and CDC is already upset at the pick.

Unreal. If you didn't know his name, or that he played in Sweden, the way he talks there's almost no accent. Well spoken, seems pretty smart. Even wants to get a jump on his career by playing in the NCAA. What's not to like????

Damn you Post Benning Stress Disorder.

We all have the occasional PBSD episode

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

The worst part is, I actively avoid all the people that CDC complains about. But they love posting their takes, their pictures, and tweets and everything else. Like, if it weren't for CDC, I'd be blissfully unaware of Drance and the other moron pundits that post off the wall takes for engagement.

That’s fair, especially with the litany of Tweet postings here. Though my Drance-less existence has been aided by the fact that I’ve been on a very light CDC diet for a few months as well. A nice cleanse, and I’d recommend it.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I am pretty high on Benson. But he does have the highest bust potential of the top 15 imo. His skillset is pretty high, but that can only get you so far in the NHL when you have guys that are 6'3 and can skate as fast as you at 5'10, but they have the added strength and size to overwhelm you. You have to be a really special talent to be a superstar at 5'10 these days. Cause so many of the 6'2 and 6'3 guys can skate faster than you and have a bigger frame. Hell, prime Ovi was like 240 pounds and could pylon even the best of defenders.

With that said, I could see Benson being Clayton Keller 2.0. I can like Willander without disparaging other players. I am a fan of hockey and I do want to see Benson succeed. I just want to see Willander succeed more. Lol.

I get the kid has a high ceiling... and that's great and all. But as you said, he also has a high bust-factor...and can you imagine if we'd drafted ANOTHER small WINGER.

Something, something...hole in the head....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1