The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Willander | D

Fanuck

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

I wonder how this can be with the NCAA banning professional juniors  from the CHL. Even if you play one preseason game a CHL junior  is barred from joing the NCA

He didn't play any CHL...? Swe-Jr and SweHL last year.

17 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I wonder how this can be with the NCAA banning professional juniors  from the CHL. Even if you play one preseason game a CHL junior  is barred from joing the NCA

I'm not exactly sure how it works for players coming over from Europe but at this point it's obviously a non-issue. A school like Boston University would certainly do their due diligence in vetting  his eligibility before having the player commit. The School would also be in frequent contact with his Handler (Agent), Todd Diamond, who would also know the situation and make sure he doesn't do anything to ruin his eligibility 

Edited by 204CanucksFan
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 10:57 PM, Maddogy said:

I recall many Canucks fans including The Hockey Guy bitched and complained during the 2017 draft that Elias Pettersson was a crap pick over the other centres and that Jim Benning should have moved down in the first round to maximize value.

The Hockey Guy is the worst. Its really quite astonishing how popular he's become. 

19 hours ago, NHL'er said:

When Alf points out dumb obvious facts I give him dumb photos I find online :) 

It’s Alf’s empties with the “dumb” facts. :towel:
“Slo” Mo Seider won the Calder too, just like Chaos Giraffe. Similar players following the same path. 

• Haha 1

On 8/31/2023 at 6:01 PM, Fred65 said:

He did play 2 games with Rogle BK Angelholm in the SEL

The SEL and the NHL have an agreement that 1st round picks can come over to North America at any time and play here. They can even be sent to the AHL. It’s only first round picks though so you won’t see D-Petey come here until he is ready for the NHL. Lekkerimaki could be here next year and can play in Abby.  

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The SEL and the NHL have an agreement that 1st round picks can come over to North America at any time and play here. They can even be sent to the AHL. It’s only first round picks though so you won’t see D-Petey come here until he is ready for the NHL. Lekkerimaki could be here next year and can play in Abby.  

I was discusing Willanddr and how he cuuld play NCAA after he played in the SEL. If you play 1 game in the CHL you're banned from playing NCAA