The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Oilers trade Kailer Yamamoto, Klim Kostin to Red Wings for future considerations

11 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Can anyone please explain...  what the hell is "future considerations" really??? Sounds to me like... it's just whatever you wanna give back??? is there any NHL regulations on this crap?

NHL Future Considerations Meaning: one of the teams involved in the trade will send a player(s), prospect(s), or draft pick(s) at another point in time to complete the deal.

So if you want to give a player away for essentially nothing the other team can send back a 7th round draft pick eventually. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Just think guys, we could have had the opportunity to trade for our own set of future considerations if we drafted our own Yamamoto and taken Benson :bigblush:

Just kidding, I like stirring the pot. This is pretty funny though. Yamamoto looked like he had chemistry with McDavid once upon a time. Now he blew it. What a silly goose.

That's what I was hoping we'd do with Myers.

Trade him to say CBH but they givee us a 4th for future considerations.

After we give Myers his bonus we then ship him off to the hawks.

Edited by cripplereh

9 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Can anyone please explain...  what the hell is "future considerations" really??? Sounds to me like... it's just whatever you wanna give back??? is there any NHL regulations on this crap?

It means they have agreed to take on Myers in the future after we pay his signing bonus...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Strawbone said:

NHL Future Considerations Meaning: one of the teams involved in the trade will send a player(s), prospect(s), or draft pick(s) at another point in time to complete the deal.

So if you want to give a player away for essentially nothing the other team can send back a 7th round draft pick eventually. 

so basically you're saying the selling team will just have to accept whatever since they have already given up on their assets....?? then the buyers basically will choose either a 7th round pick or a junk prospect pretty much since it's pretty much take it or leave it kind of deal... ok got it, thanks bud!

12 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

It can be anything - even a meal.  Lou Nanne was on Russo's podcast a while ago and told the story of how that came about. 

When he was GM he once signed an upcoming UFA before his deal was up.  The other GM wasn't happy because he was still their player and wanted to get something in return to make it a trade.  So Nanne told him that he'll just buy him dinner.  He sent in the paperwork and the league calls him back asking if he's trying to make a mockery of things by trading a guy for a meal.  So he then told them to just put down future considerations.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

After not even qualifying the guy?

As mll said they wouldn't want to qualify him, have him elect arbitration and then get paid a big amount. If the amount is less than 4.5 and change the team amcannot walk away from it. So say he gets a 2.6 million dollar award they are handcuffed with that deal.

This is one of the reasons we didn't qualify bear (the injury was the nail in the coffin)