The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Panthers sign Oliver Ekman-Larsson

On 7/1/2023 at 9:21 AM, Baratheon said:

They have Montour and Ekblad.  I can’t see OEL getting much PP time.

I believe both Montour and Ekblad will start the season on IR.  They needed a capable D-man to fill the spot.  

On 8/21/2023 at 2:11 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is why you build a team full of young and hungry players.

OEL is happy to collect his retirement contract and just go through the motions. Exact same thing happened with Eriksson.

Lets hope Miller is built different.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

OEL is happy to collect his retirement contract and just go through the motions. Exact same thing happened with Eriksson.

Miller is built different for sure. He’s a high compete winner. 

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If this team is hungry the nutritionist isn't doing his job.

See Ya Reaction GIF by Travis

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

On 8/27/2023 at 1:19 PM, DeNiro said:

Funny to think Benning heard OEL wanted to live in Vancouver, and assumed it was because he thought we had a good team…

He wanted to come here to retire.

I never really hated the idea of bringing in OEL, but we should have been able to leverage the fact that he wanted to come here specifically. More retention, no 1st round pick; that would have been a completely different story.

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, nergish said:

Funny to think Benning heard OEL wanted to live in Vancouver, and assumed it was because he thought we had a good team…

I never really hated the idea of bringing in OEL, but we should have been able to leverage the fact that he wanted to come here specifically. More retention, no 1st round pick; that would have been a completely different story.

You know it's a terrible trade when the retrospective view is that it would have been more palatable had Arizona retained more AND had we not given up a 9th overall pick  :lol:

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2023 at 6:19 AM, DeNiro said:

Wait wait...but I thought...OEL was fine before he got injured...OEL is a more well-rounded player than Hughes...OEL was being dragged down by Myers...OEL is everything you want in a teammate and a leader :lol::lol::lol:

• There it is 2

On 8/29/2023 at 10:31 AM, nergish said:

If you take out the picks & Garland in this deal it’s still a win for Arizona but I could have stomached/forgiven the risk of the deal. The fact we gave up a top 10 pick, a 2nd, 7th, and also Garland’s salary has really hindered this franchise