The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Ian Cole

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah I hope a winger trade is still forthcoming. Would be thrilled if we can use some of that space for Suter, Sundqvist (or a trade), or a Pesce or similar... but again, not EXPECTING them to address this all in one go. Especially with the league-wide cap restraints.

As for Cole/Blueger being one year... I think that's a clear indication they're leaving their options open for more long term solutions there.

A winger trade could net us enough cap for a 3rd C and bottom 6 winger. Essentially another forward PK unit. Would likely make a significant difference to our PK efforts. 

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

A winger trade could net us enough cap for a 3rd C and bottom 6 winger. Essentially another forward PK unit. Would likely make a significant difference to our PK efforts. 

Absolutely! If we can land a Suter (or similar) and either the rumored Comtois or a guy like Asplund after moving him....giddyup!

Beau, Petey, Kuz

Mik, Miller, Boeser

Pearson, Suter, Hoglander

Aman, Blueger, Asplund/Comtois

Yes please!

But again, I hope to see that, but I'm not expecting it. League is TIGHT for cap and movement right now.

Gotta think some team would like Garland + Rathbone or similar though...*fingers crossed*

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Absolutely! If we can land a Suter (or similar) and either the rumored Comtois or a guy like Asplund after moving him....giddyup!

Beau, Petey, Kuz

Mik, Miller, Boeser

Pearson, Suter, Hoglander

Aman, Blueger, Asplund/Comtois

Yes please!

But again, I hope to see that, but I'm not expecting it. League is TIGHT for cap and movement right now.

Gotta think some team would like Garland + Rathbone or similar though...*fingers crossed*

Too small an offense.  The team.has to get  bigger. 

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Too small an offense.  The team.has to get  bigger. 

It's not all going to get fixed at once.  Beau gone after this year, Podkolzin eventually moves up, Klimovich too and you continue to move out Garland's, Beau's for bigger guys.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

It's not all going to get fixed at once.  Beau gone after this year, Podkolzin eventually moves up, Klimovich too and you continue to move out Garland's, Beau's for bigger guys.

Yip. Patience. I like the direction I'm seeing, and the coach.

• Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

29 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Good 4th liner.  Problem with him becomes when he gets moved up.  

Don't think that it was much of problem last season.  His average ice time before January was 10 min.  Shot up after January to 14-15 minutes per game.  Tocchet played him and Joshua earned his trust.  Work in progress?... Well yah!  Last season was his first full NHL season.  He played 72 games.  He can skate and is getting better at using and taking the body.  He's progressing, thus year should be a big jump for him.  He'll earn 3rd line time but will probably mostly stay on the 4th.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Don't think that it was much of problem last season.  His average ice time before January was 10 min.  Shot up after January to 14-15 minutes per game.  Tocchet played him and Joshua earned his trust.  Work in progress?... Well yah!  Last season was his first full NHL season.  He played 72 games.  He can skate and is getting better at using and taking the body.  He's progressing, thus year should be a big jump for him.  He'll earn 3rd line time but will probably mostly stay on the 4th.

The problem with our team is we keep trying to put players in roles they shouldnt be in.  Winning teams have players in roles they excel best at.  Joshua is a solid 4th liner.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

The problem with our team is we keep trying to put players in roles they shouldnt be in.  Winning teams have players in roles they excel best at.  Joshua is a solid 4th liner.  

It does have a lot to do with the makeup of the team.    You can't make wholesale changes and expect it to gel overnight either.   It has to be done slowly.   A lot of people felt they were better armchair coaches than WD and Green lol, a lot of change over the years.  And look at those rosters!   Yikes.   Not exactly great.   It's going to be a process.   And it's not going to happen overnight. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2