The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] UPD: NHL to release up to 8 players involved in 2018 Team Canada assault

Rate this topic

Odd.

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I have a feeling a few of those guys are just going on silent to avoid the media firestorm that’s about to unfold.

I don’t think Cal was involved from what I’ve heard.

Today looks to be the day.   It's been noted, that someone lying about their involvement based on the arithmetic.  Either the victim or the players.   That sheds doubt on players that were actually at the event, and even worse, the victim herself.    Hope that the NHL is swift.   It also makes sense the timing, given it's training camp time.   

That's not something teams want in their locker rooms.   The NHL has known for months, the actual names that is.  Training camp hasn't officially started anywhere yet.   But is about to.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I really don't understand what the hold-up is on the NHL releasing their report. Are they under gag order now while the London Police investigation is ongoing? If not, it really doesn't make sense to keep delaying the report's release.

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

I really don't understand what the hold-up is on the NHL releasing their report. Are they under gag order now while the London Police investigation is ongoing? If not, it really doesn't make sense to keep delaying the report's release.

The NHL or the players have probably lawyered up and threatened legal action.

My guess is they’ll try one last ditch effort to kill this story and make it go away. (Settle out of court)

Great look for the league who at the same time is looking to reinstate Bowman and Quennville. Two guys who brushed aside sexual assault information because they didn’t wanna be distracted.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

28 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Dont think Carter Hart is involved.  Didnt he come out and make a statement?  Same with Howden. 

Anybody can make a statement to try and save their multi million dollar career, see Clinton, Trump, Epstein, Cosby etc. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Carter Hart is so excited for the upcoming season with the Flyers that he took off the Flyers from his Instagram.  Nothing says love for a team more than that...   :rolleyes:

Didn’t he request a trade?

Briere is in damage control trying to not get bent over by other teams. I’d be surprised if he is the starter there opening night.

Haven't read the thread since July, but the one thing I'll say is Alex Formenton was removed from the Senators roster dating back to 21-22 and I'm pretty sure he played overseas last season. And its not like he was some bubble veteran, he was an emerging young player with speed+skill+upside. I've always kinda thought that was telling.

Comtois still not signed is interesting too, skill wise I'd assume he's a coveted player, and there's smoke around others.

This is going to be a big bombshell when/if it drops. Don't want to speculate beyond that but I do hope it drops at some point - I think alot of NHL supporters are hoping for justice here & signs the league is progressing. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Carter Hart is so excited for the upcoming season with the Flyers that he took off the Flyers from his Instagram.  Nothing says love for a team more than that...   :rolleyes:

is he one of the guys from the group of seven? Maybe he knows what’s coming and digging in? 

Guess Hockey Canada, and the NHL and NHLPA are looking for the biggest rug they can find to sweep this under.

For the flak that Chicago's organization gets (and it was warranted) the NHLPA should have done a better job protecting it's players from predators.

And from allowing players to turn into predators (The non-Nashville kind).