The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] UPD: NHL to release up to 8 players involved in 2018 Team Canada assault

Rate this topic

Odd.

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

1ad98663-6973-4c68-b0b8-58cb4d5770d7_tex

Being a Canuck fan, I was born into stories that take 2 years to develop and play out. 

Has JT Miller been traded yet? 

14 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Being a Canuck fan, I was born into stories that take 2 years to develop and play out. 

Has JT Miller been traded yet? 

We barely fired Bruce you think we have time for a trade. 

• Haha 1

I'm glad the BCJHL has opted out of Hockey Canada. 

This kind of behavior has been ignored for a long time and I think we all now it. Regardless of and individual suspensions, fines or even charges the onus falls on Hockey Canada.

Good for the BCJHL getting out, the ultimate distancing. Speaks volumes.

• Cheers 1

On 7/10/2023 at 2:33 PM, King Heffy said:

Suspensions are letting the guilty players off easy.  Should be a lifetime ban for everyone involved.

In instances like this, players are typically suspended pending the outcome of any NHL investigation and legal proceedings, and then further action is taken when/if warranted from those investigations/proceedings. The present suspensions are likely not the end of the road for some of these players. Just step one.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Provost said:

The NHL don’t care about anything but the optics.  They will punish a bunch of fringe players or guys not even in the NHL.  

Anyone who will cost ticket sales will probably be fine.

I hope not but suspect this is true.  Don't think anyone is going to be upset, even if it's a young star on their team.   But the league will be if it means dollar signs.   They know exactly who they are and have for months.    Bettman pre covid "over my dead body" when it came to advertising on jerseys.   It's f!cking disgraceful.   They will for sure do their pie charts and their damage control and the rest of it and come out with whatever  seems the best and say very little about it.   Maybe do some half ass new thing players have to do as part of the next CBA (not rape people$ and get caught video). 

• Like 2