The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Two Canadian Teams are Favourites to Win Stanley Cup!

Rate this topic

allegend

If all of our best players play lights-out this year (especially Demko) and we don't have significant injuries, I wouldn't put the Canucks far behind EDM and TOR as Stanley Cup contenders, but that's mostly because I think that despite some huge talent, EDM and TOR have unbalanced rosters that might win a round or two, but won't win a cup this year.

• Vintage 1

If we are to believe this projection to be accurate then the team would be smart to start now to prepare for our first 2 games of the season. For the Canucks to have any chance at the playoffs we have to have an average of no less than .500 versus Pacific division competitors. Start with the Oil, hit to hurt and don't concede anything.  

1 hour ago, YEGCanuck said:

If we are to believe this projection to be accurate then the team would be smart to start now to prepare for our first 2 games of the season. For the Canucks to have any chance at the playoffs we have to have an average of no less than .500 versus Pacific division competitors. Start with the Oil, hit to hurt and don't concede anything.  

they only have the biggest canuck killer of all time...

Connor has scored 61 points against us, far ahead of second-place Flames (52)

Oddsmakers don't set lines based on how they think the event will go. They set them at a point that will assure even money on both sides. 

Very popular teams like the Dallas Cowboys are almost always getting an extra 2-3 points shaved because everyone and their dog bets on them.

Same thing here. Especially the Leafs, bookies set the lines artificially high to ensure even money. The other side in this case would be the people scared off by the bloated odds.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Now he's going to get knocked on his ass with our bigger d

You mean the two D-men who are kinda well known for taking a lot of penalties?  No doubt they're great additions but we are going to get penalized a lot.  The only thing scarier than McDavid is the entire Oilers powerplay.

1 minute ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

You mean the two D-men who are kinda well known for taking a lot of penalties?  No doubt they're great additions but we are going to get penalized a lot.  The only thing scarier than McDavid is the entire Oilers powerplay.

MCDiver struggles with injuries this season. He and Makar will miss more games than they play. Knees I think. Hope I’m wrong, but they both carry the puck too much (in high traffic areas) to avoid such injuries. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

MCDiver struggles with injuries this season. He and Makar will miss more games than they play. Knees I think. Hope I’m wrong, but they both carry the puck too much (in high traffic areas) to avoid such injuries. 

If the league loses its two best players to the same type of injury, the NHL is going to have to do something to prevent such injuries.  One option would be to make punishments steeper.

1 minute ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

If the league loses its two best players to the same type of injury, the NHL is going to have to do something to prevent such injuries.  One option would be to make punishments steeper.

It’s the nature of the game. Natural consequence for guys who carry the puck through zones at speed, instead of moving the puck by passing, will get knee on knee contact. It will be sad to see, but it’s highly likely. Especially Makar. His career is going to be a flash. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s the nature of the game. Natural consequence for guys who carry the puck through zones at speed, instead of moving the puck by passing, will get knee on knee contact. It will be sad to see, but it’s highly likely. Especially Makar. His career is going to be a flash. 

Again, if the NHL can't protect its literal star players from carrying the puck with speed, then they need to make changes.  You know which way this league is trending.

• Cheers 1