The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Final piece to solidify defense

The defense is a piece away from being considered legitimate. Alvin will have more options once next season ends when Myers and Cole are no longer on the payroll. Solidifying the top four makes easing in rookies far easier. 

St. Louis receives:

Conor Garland

Nils Hoglander

Jack Rathbone

Vancouver receives

Colton Parayko

Hughes Parayko

Soucy Hronek

Cole Myers

Hirose 

Vancouver does this because the players are serviceable yet are redundant here. 

St Louis does it because. Just because. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Vintage 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

$6.5 isn’t too unruly. 

I like the player too. But he’s on a big number and has term. Plus there’s the back stuff. 
Maybe we have our partner for Hughes with Hronek? Cole and Soucy pkayer second pairing? Would be nice to have Parayko though, providing he’s 100%. 

Hughes, Parayko 

Soucy, Hronek

Cole, Woo

Myers has to go though. 

Just now, Alflives said:

I like the player too. But he’s on a big number and has term. Plus there’s the back stuff. 
Maybe we have our partner for Hughes with Hronek? Cole and Soucy pkayer second pairing? Would be nice to have Parayko though, providing he’s 100%. 

Hughes, Parayko 

Soucy, Hronek

Cole, Woo

Myers has to go though. 

Once his bonus is paid, he’ll be moved. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Once his bonus is paid, he’ll be moved. 

If we could make your deal and also move Myers then we get our Hughes partner (then Htonek can anchor our second pairing) and we save 4 mil on our cap. 
Alf’s empties approve this trade proposal. image.jpeg.8e9404fc8638c6b431079422362b9344.jpeg

• Haha 2

That’s a tough one. We need to get rid of some wingers and open cap space so I like that. A top 4 rhd who can play physical and possibly be a partner for Hughes, I like that also. But he’s coming off back surgery at 30 years old and still has 7 more seasons under contract. I don’t like this much lol. Oh and he has a full no trade clause that just a few days ago he said he would use to nix any trades, he plans on staying a blue. There’s that to.

36 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

I wonder for how many years we will continue to see Hoglander and Rathbone in trade proposals. 

Well… posters are still talking about Ballard Raymond and a first…. So there’s that….

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

One year in, and one back surgery later... Parayko is starting to look like a buyout candidate.  Give it another two years and I bet he'll get bought out like we did with OEL.  This type of player movement would be very close to how we acquired OEL.

Could contain: T-Shirt, Helmet, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Text, People, Shirt, Baseball Cap

This is a hard no.  

If his market value is at 3.7 M, we may as well envision trading for him ONLY if he's retained at 50%, which will likely never happen. 

8 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Young D men, young D men, young d men.

Parayko is too much of a risk after surgery and as bad as he looked since he signed.

Would love to find the next Parayko, need to stop paying players for what they were for somebody else.

Woo is going to step up and make the big club out of camp. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Well it's been four days and counting already ... so. 

:lol:

On second thought, Myers is a decent option for the third pairing defenseman, especially under the tutelage of the present coaching staff. If they can get him to play to his strengths, of which his size is one, he'd be of value to the team. 

• Cheers 2