The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] forum closure

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

30 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Dear CDC,

It is with mixed emotions that I write this farewell post today. In two weeks' time, our beloved Canucks forum will be closing its doors, and it's a bittersweet moment for me as I reflect on the incredible 13-year journey we've shared here.

For over a decade, this forum has been a second home for me, a place where I've laughed, debated, celebrated, and grown alongside an amazing group of passionate Vancouver Canucks fans. I've seen players come and go, witnessed the highs and lows of our team, and shared countless unforgettable moments with all of you.

For the last 7 years, I've had the distinct honour and privilege of serving as a moderator here. This role allowed me to give back to a community that has given me so much. It's been an incredible journey, and I want to take a moment to give a special shoutout to @-SN- for believing in me and providing me with the opportunity to become a moderator. Your support and trust have meant the world to me, and I will always be grateful for this chance to contribute to our amazing community.

I also want to express my heartfelt appreciation to the entire moderating team. Together, we've worked tirelessly to maintain the integrity of this forum, foster engaging discussions, and create a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. Your dedication, professionalism, and camaraderie have been the driving force behind our success. Thank you for being fantastic teammates, and I will cherish the memories we've created together.

As we bid farewell to the Canucks forum, I want to acknowledge @-SN- for his thoughtful gesture of setting up a new forum for us. It's a generous offer, and while I'm uncertain about my future participation, I encourage all of you to explore this new platform and continue the traditions and connections we've built over the years. Change can be intimidating, but it can also lead to new and exciting opportunities.

In the meantime, I hope our paths will cross again in the world of Canucks fandom. Whether it's on the new forum or in other online communities, I look forward to sharing our passion for the team and staying connected with all of you.

Thank you, CDC, for 13 unforgettable years filled with laughter, camaraderie, and the shared love for our Vancouver Canucks. You will always hold a special place in my heart.

Best wishes to you all,

-Vintage Canuck-

vintagecanuckcdc@hotmail.com

End of an era. Thank you for being you, Vintage. It would be great to see you on www.forum.Canucks.com, even just to see you there to chat and cheer:towel:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, -SN- said:

So...this is obviously a disappointment. The decision wasn't mine, but apologies for the timing, I know it's a bit awkward with the season so close. Like many of you, this forum has been a big part of my life. I've always used it as my source for news and discussion, and I've enjoyed the many many personalities that have been through. I also didn't enjoy a few, but even those battles will be remembered fondly.

As to why? I can't tell you that - but I think there is a focus on other social media channels now, and the forum hasn't been seeing a lot of growth.

There are of course some existing alternatives, but none of them have the same long-form format as we have here.

To try to support the existing community and provide a place where everyone can continue, or simply come together, I've booted up a new forum at https://www.forumcanucks.com/ (soon to likely be https://www.canucksfanforum.com). The structure mostly follows what is here to make moving over simple and easy, but of course it is open to suggestion and change. I'll keep it going as long as possible.

Liking the similarity in structure and the colour scheme of the new forum, thanks a lot!

Are a lot of users a part of Canucks Twitter here? Maybe we can create a thread with everyones handles and follow each other?

• Vintage 1

Damn, this sucks.

Way to alienate a passionate fan base.

This might be one of the most boneheaded decisions made by an inept team owned by a trust fund brat who is too stupid to run his father's other, more successful companies.

Oh well, its been fun. I've had a great time. See some of ya on reddit?

Edited by Quantum
  • Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Damn, this sucks.

Way to alienate a passionate fan base.

This might be one of the most boneheaded decisions made by an inept team owned by a trust fund brat who is to stupid to run his father's other, more successful companies.

Oh well, its been fun. I've had a great time. See some of ya on reddit?

forumcanucks.com

Lots of us already over there

Edited by Jester13

20 minutes ago, Canadian said:

The purge was the end of posting much as well for me. I used to keep track on a word pad document during university. Was trying to hit each new 1000 posts as quickly as possible. The purge led to just browsing. 

I was so frustrated with it. I had so many well thought out arguments in there that I could go back, and pick out things I needed for new debates..... and they just deleted it all.

On top of that, I was now like some random rookie poster, and I was like "f**k it, I used to be 5th or 6th on this board in posts & now newcomers think I'm a noob.... I'll just quit" & I dont think I opened the site up again for like a year after that.

I mean the fact I only have 148 posts on here now kinda speaks to how rarely I have been here since then.

• Cheers 1