The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] forum closure

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

The legend Tom Larscheid got fired after 30 years or whatever for criticizing the team...by a GM who was shortly fired thereafter himself.  Controlling the message should be an obsession for the likes of Stalin and Pol Pot...not hockey teams.

Always thought that was wild.  Tom Larscheid was the biggest fan around.  Nobody loved the team more than him.  But they found HIM to critical?  Lol they must have REALLY wanted some fluff.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

Reddit is slightly more palatable than HF, but you still get the same breed of sycophant in both places.

6 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

All I want to know is where everyone is going. 

My money definitely isn't going to the Canucks any longer except for the occasional game.

In case others haven't yet pointed it out head over to https://www.forumcanucks.com/. Many of us have migrated there or will once CDC shuts down.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

if I had to guess, part of it might be that forum software is an ever increasing cybersecurity liability and the team doesn't want to be liable for the personal info of its fans when it's such a pain to keep the software patched and up to date. this is just a hunch, I have no specific knowledge of the organization's reasoning. 

Nah, they just cant handle the criticism. 

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Slept in uncharacteristically late, stumbled into the kitchen to make some coffee and grabbed my iPad to get read some more reaction to lasts night prospects game and noticed right away the splash of red at the top of the forum pages. Needless to say, quite a shocker. Been here since 2006, lurked here for a few years before that. This place had become a habit. Hope I’m not too old to forge another one at a new place. I will explore the options available and see which one feels like it could be home.

https://www.forumcanucks.com

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Slept in uncharacteristically late, stumbled into the kitchen to make some coffee and grabbed my iPad to get read some more reaction to lasts night prospects game and noticed right away the splash of red at the top of the forum pages. Needless to say, quite a shocker. Been here since 2006, lurked here for a few years before that. This place had become a habit. Hope I’m not too old to forge another one at a new place. I will explore the options available and see which one feels like it could be home.

See the top of the page for our new "home".

CDC was great for reading about current events in the Nhl, it’s the first website I visit because it’s an effective and efficient way to follow hockey related news and discussion. How can they close CDC it’s become an institution!

Thank you to the entire community for making this place so wonderful! Legends!

• Like 2

I am sad to see it go and disappointed in the team.  I was always impressed that they, collectively, had the maturity and security to allow real fans to say whatever they thought.  It seemed very "high road" and big picture thinking.  Something you wouldn't expect from anything with an Aquilini at the head.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

https://www.forumcanucks.com/topic/1-welcome/page/9/

40 minutes ago, Darius said:

This is shocking - even though there were hints about it in the past days.  So many good people in here with a passion for the game.  I enjoyed everyone's perspectives - even those that i got heated and argued with. The way I see it is if Im arguing with someone about something regarding this team at 10pm on a week night during the off season they must love the team too.

I work for a law enforcement org , approaching retirement.  The job has been hard on me more often than not and this place was one of my escapes - 'talking' and reading about a team ive followed since elementary school with people that love the sport.  Thanks to all the mods, VC, Stealth, Deb...for all your hard work and insights.

Finally, the decision is puzzling. With the team not doing well for so many years I was afraid we are going to lose the younger generation.  The kids I see around me these days seem to be more into basketball and NFL.   Why not keep up a place like this that generates interest around the team.  Is the technology getting old (like me)?  

The internet is a funny thing. There's snobbery even on apps. Tell someone under 30 you use Facebook, they look horrified. It's all tik tok, X/Twit, I use Instagram to keep up with my relatives, and sports. I barely use Twit since the Twit X'd it. Honestly I barely use Facebook. A lot of young people probably think using a forum is "old school". Thing is I still like it better than reddit or other stuff.

• Like 3

This will be the catalyst of a real decline in support for the Canucks.

Take away the heart and the body dies. 

We migrate to another site and things will be fine. But why would they not want our eyes on their site? maybe the new one will rise like phoenix and have the future Canucks marketing wondering why they don't do their own message baord...

• Like 2
  • There it is 1

After a night to sleep on it this still sucks. Reading Vintage’s post this morning made me cry before coffee. 

Losing this place is a gut punch but starting over with ZERO warning points is PRICELESS! 

would love to see LaBamba, kingofsurrey, desi and a whole bunch more of the banned in the brave new world of Canuck love

Could contain: Glasses, T-Shirt, Head, Person, Portrait, Sweater, Sweatshirt, Adult, Male, Man

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1