The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

On 5/10/2017 at 3:57 PM, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Well then why isn't it in the trades or history section.

we don't have him.

hes not a Canuck.

Hansen did absolutely nothing for San Jose and burrows was a spark on the sens but isn't even in there top 7-8 players.

middle ground performers like burrows and Hansen aren't going to drastically change the team

he never will be a Canuck. (Again in all likelihood) 

we had burrows and Hansen and we finished 28th...we traded them at the end and we finished 29th. Big difference.

we also had a longer losing streak at the start of the year when Hansen and burrows were on the team by the way.

why not create a thread about bertuzzi and sticki it? 

Hey. Burrows will be in the Ring of Honour when he's done. Don't touch this one bud.

• Upvote 1

On 2017-05-10 at 0:57 PM, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Only reason this thread is still open is a moderator has a crush on the guy.

we don't have him.

hes not a Canuck.

Hansen did absolutely nothing for San Jose and burrows was a spark on the sens but isn't even in there top 7-8 players.

middle ground performers like burrows and Hansen aren't going to drastically change the team

we had burrows and Hansen and we finished 28th...we traded them at the end and we finished 29th. Big difference.

we also had a longer losing streak at the start of the year when Hansen and burrows were on the team by the way.

Related image
  • Upvote 3

On 5/10/2017 at 0:57 PM, Bertuzzi44ever said:

we don't have him.

hes not a Canuck.

First of all... was gonna minus you but how can I minus a guy named Bertuzzi44ever... Bert is a legend. 

Second of all, this is an incredibly terrible post and shows you know nothing of Burr. He's playing on their 1st line and had the primary assist on two over time GWG's... 

Middle ground performer that shows up in OT and wins games for his team? Yea sure sounds like a middle ground guy to me.

• Upvote 4

I'm surprised and impressed by Burrows getting speciality team assignments with the Sens--especially considering, as others have noted, his placement down the depth chart. His prominence is nothing like Kesler's though...Good luck Burrows, I look forward to this thread ending with a Sens cup.

• Upvote 2

On 2017-5-16 at 4:59 PM, Whaleroad Train said:

Probably the time to end this thread is at the end of the season, after we see how far the Senators go.  Wouldn't it be nice that the last entry in the thread is a photo of Alex holding the cup?

It's a real possibility. It would be very fitting and I hope it happens :)

Just one more dragon to slay. Game 7 overtime GWG in the final. #NotTooMuchToAsk

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2017 at 11:42 AM, 6YPE said:

Time to unpin this post don't you think? No disrespect to Burr, but I think it's time to move on. 

It should be unpinned when his # is in the Ring of Honour.

Burr is GOAT.

• Upvote 3