The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Honestly though, who didn't have an attitude at that age? Serious question.

Bo Horvat, Trevor Linden, Sedins, Tanev, Edler, etc.

Looking at the prospects, the Canucks have a couple of guys who have not shown the greatest attitude, including Virtanen and McCann. But I like Cassels. He has a bit of an edge but is obviously a real team guy -- probably a bit like Dorsett but with more talent. Gaunce and Shinkaruk also have very different but great attitudes.

Looking at the prospects, the Canucks have a couple of guys who have not shown the greatest attitude, including Virtanen and McCann. But I like Cassels. He has a bit of an edge but is obviously a real team guy -- probably a bit like Dorsett but with more talent. Gaunce and Shinkaruk also have very different but great attitudes.

Kesler has an attitude and it was what made him great

• Upvote 1

Well, since I've already taken on the role of the devil's advocate in this thread, here's a continuation. Different poster, adding onto Mr. Facial Expressions.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=102467369&postcount=250

Flame away.

Looks like Jake pissed in someone's cereal.

A future all star hockey player with good looks didn't have many friends in highschool? Yea, ok then lol.

• Upvote 2

Well, since I've already taken on the role of the devil's advocate in this thread, here's a continuation. Different poster, adding onto Mr. Facial Expressions.

Flame away.

"I'm sorta jealous about this other guy in school who's better than me and people notice him and they don't notice me. I so wanted him to fail, but then he didn't. Who wants to join me in my pity parade? Nobody? Oh well. See you later, world."

emo-kid.jpg

LOL!

This is even better than the facial expression guy.

edit: He even responded to the facial expression guy's post on HF. Looks like he has a pity parade partner after all. LOL!

Edited by TOMapleLaughs

Flame away.

Eh, I went to high school with a couple of guys who acted exactly like that and played in the BCHL. They weren't even that good in the BCHL, but they thought they were hot sh- because they played in a higher league than everyone else. Same with some of the guys that I played rep sports with, It's not really that uncommon for young athletes to have poor attitudes.

Nugent Hopkins was the same way, it's called being a star athlete and a teenager.

Patrick Kane is the best example, he'll grow out of it

I'm almost 30 now but when I went to highschool probably 90% of rep hockey players had major ego problems haha.

Rep hockey.. bantam, we are talking about pre-whl draft. So like 14 or 15, as Jake's a later birthday. Have you people met kids in that age group? They're all brats and idiots. Unfair criticism, and even as the post reads not exactly credible.

Let's stick to hockey, something he does extraordinarily well.

• Upvote 1

How did McCann get on this list?

• Upvote 1

"It is what it is" = bad attitude, apparently.

I get the impression McCann is pretty happy with the team he landed with, just not how far he fell in the draft. I think he has a chip on his shoulder about that and is motivated to prove the other 23 teams that passed on him, wrong. That's not a bad thing!

• Upvote 2

Looks like Jake pissed in someone's cereal.

A future all star hockey player with good looks didn't have many friends in highschool? Yea, ok then lol.

yeah, that post screams of someone who's attempt at friendship with Jake was rejected and he got a serious case of butthurt over it.

Flame away.

I live in cranbrook, home of the Kootenay ice. And every single one of the ice players in my classes were the exact same way, and they weren't half as good. Matt Fraser is hated by so many people here, even Reinhart.. I have a hilarious story about him. But I dunno if its CDC friendly haha Edited by Virtanen The Great

I live in cranbrook, home of the Kootenay ice. And every single one of the ice players in my classes were the exact same way, and they weren't half as good. Matt Fraser is hated by so many people here, even Reinhart.. I have a hilarious story about him. But I dunno if its CDC friendly haha

Go for it, I promise Debs not looking...

I'm almost 30 now but when I went to highschool probably 90% of rep hockey players had major ego problems haha.

what are you talking about i'm going straight to the chel. A2 to the NHL you know Benning was scouting my team yesterday :frantic:::D

(sarcasm)

Anyone think Virtanen is a possibility in the 3rd round if Utica makes it? Playing in a game would be more beneficial to his development than watching. I would like to see him on a line with Shinkaruk.

Edited by Dickie