The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

And those fans are paying how much for tickets?  The KHL bleeds money, but it still exists.  Could it be a Russian Mob connection that keeps the league going?  Is there a need to even launder illicit funds in Russia?  

I’ve read where it’s a regular dude or dudettes’ monthly wage to see a game Alf.

I think some one else here has stated that an Oil Tycoon bailed Avtomobilist  out of folding last season, they were on the cusp.

I have read a report from the KHL stating that 2-4 more teams will be taken out of the League next season.

Russia seems to be a mosh pit of under world and dictator ship pyramids of power... just how Trump likes it ;) 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I’ve read where it’s a regular dude or dudettes’ monthly wage to see a game Alf.

I think some one else here has stated that an Oil Tycoon bailed Avtomobilist  out of folding last season, they were on the cusp.

I have read a report from the KHL stating that 2-4 more teams will be taken out of the League next season.

Russia seems to be a mosh pit of under world and dictator ship pyramids of power... just how Trump likes it ;) 

Sam; Sorry but you cannot take politics out of hockey. A massive cut back in KHL teams is a loss of face in one of Putin's premier sports venues. Not likely to happen. Even if a few teams were shut down I am sure the top players would be grabbed by other KHL teams. Whether Tryamkin would use a collapse of his team as an excuse to return to Vancouver is a good question however. A bonus for Vancouver is that it is not a USA city which a lot of Russians do not like or feel threatened by. Russian politics are as close to organized crime running a government as it gets. A friend of mine spent 6 years over there working for a Labatt subsidiary. He said he saw a lot of things in bribing and out right extortion that were scary and mind numbing. Very happy to get out.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Does that put Avto down 3-2 in the series (with next game on the road) or do I have that wrong?

Yes Atvo and Try are facing elimination. Down 3-2

I really like MMG's forwards, big and sound defensively. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel

There are two recent Olympic champions in the Metallurg team: goalie Koshechkin and forward Mozyakin who became the first Russian player to reach 500 goals in the KHL (this happened in game 3 of the current playoffs). Avto has none.

11 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

There are two recent Olympic champions in the Metallurg team: goalie Koshechkin and forward Mozyakin who became the first Russian player to reach 500 goals in the KHL (this happened in game 3 of the current playoffs). Avto has none.

@Hairy Kneel @Stierlitz       Must be an interesting story behind his career,   Seems he had the opportunity to play in the NHL,. Guess we shouldn’t take for granted that EVERY hockey player WANTS to play in North America.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=43796 

Edited by SilentSam

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

@Hairy Kneel @Stierlitz       Must be an interesting story behind his career,   Seems he had the opportunity to play in the NHL,. Guess we shouldn’t take for granted that EVERY hockey player WANTS to play in North America.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=43796 

Mozyakin is 36. In 2013 he signed 5-year contract with annual salary of 140 mln roubles which was around 5 mln dollars US at that time. Later the usd-rur rate changed from 30 to 60 roubles per dollar so his salary was like 2.5 mln USD. This year he signed 2-year contract extension with base annual salary of 180 million roubles plus 60 mln rouble bonus, he already matched requirement for that bonus this year. With current usd-rur rate of 57, he is making roughly 4.2 mln USD per year.

https://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/khl/reviews/superkontrakt-mozyakina-polmilliarda-za-vernost-1366805/ (in Russian).

• Upvote 2

Avto offered Mozyakin similar contract this year but he preferred to stay with Magnitogorsk. Which means that Avto has some money. This is info about the Avto new major sponsor, operating budget of several billion dollars per year: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ural_Mining_and_Metallurgical_Company

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Mozyakin is 36. In 2013 he signed 5-year contract with annual salary of 140 mln roubles which was around 5 mln dollars US at that time. Later the usd-rur rate changed from 30 to 60 roubles per dollar so his salary was like 2.5 mln USD. This year he signed 2-year contract extension with base annual salary of 180 million roubles plus 60 mln rouble bonus, he already matched requirement for that bonus this year. With current usd-rur rate of 57, he is making roughly 4.2 mln USD per year.

https://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/khl/reviews/superkontrakt-mozyakina-polmilliarda-za-vernost-1366805/ (in Russian).

I'd expect that to be the top pay scale for MMG? 4.2 million

I'd venture to guess Try doesn't get Mozy's rate of pay, I'd guess 2-3 million USD approx (Try would be a step down from Mozy)

Because Mozy is a proven vet, coveted by both teams even.

On 3/7/2018 at 12:48 PM, aGENT said:

Short of his club shuttering doors over finances, that seems to always have been the plan and is what we should all assume. 

the longer he's away the less I want him back. Hopefully 2 seasons from now we are in the position where we don't have a spot for him anyway. I really doubt that he's going to be in better shape than when he left here and the competition isn't as tough. I think we need to forget about this guy. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the longer he's away the less I want him back. Hopefully 2 seasons from now we are in the position where we don't have a spot for him anyway. I really doubt that he's going to be in better shape than when he left here and the competition isn't as tough. I think we need to forget about this guy. 

Meh, I'm fine either way but fwiw, he already looks fitter imo. 

Personally, I think he likely comes back and I'm sure not turning down a free 2nd pair D. If nothing else he can cover for an injury, make someone lesser expendable or play long enough to get us something back in trade. 

Best case, he comes back and is a key contributor. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Meh, I'm fine either way but fwiw, he already looks fitter imo. 

Personally, I think he likely comes back and I'm sure not turning down a free 2nd pair D. If nothing else he can cover for an injury, make someone lesser expendable or play long enough to get us something back in trade. 

Best case, he comes back and is a key contributor. 

based on what? 

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

No doubt going back to the KHL was a big step backwards if his goal was becoming a NHL player. But maybe that is not his top priority. If it isn't then Benning has to move him. Benning has another season to make that decision. I can only hope that depth on LD makes moving him a easy decision. That will not likely be the case as Joulevi and the up coming pick will likely take a couple of years to establish themselves. 

MMG looking dangerous in the 1st with better scoring chances, as Atvo looks desperate to try to tie up the series. Atvo's small forwards though (I counted 4-5 hits and knockdowns of Atvo players by the bigger MMG forwards, wore down the Atvo forwards IMO)......Try looks good taking more chances it seems..he sealed off his blue line twice one with the body another via the stick check.(Add a great hit at the end of the period) He looks like he's taking a bit more chances today pinching some more and getting involved in the nuetral zone some..

A very lacklustre PP for Atvo to end the period,  These playoff games are way more intense than the regular season games I watched.

Timkin scores to start the 2nd for MMG. The referee's are wearing headsets, we should do that. Mozy gets a second goal, MMG 2-0

Atvo scores against the flow of play behind 2-1. 3rd period MMG protecting the lead. Tryamkin with a couple of nice slap shots but no luck. Chibosov runs over the Atvo goalie and Try sees there is going to be no call and promptly knocks Chibo on his arse. MMG with the EN goal to seal it 3-1 and take the series, all that's left is the handshakes. Viktor Kozlov coached a good series for MMG. Now we can get Try over to finish our season here, we'll just slip him into Stecher's jersey. No one will even notice.

:towel:

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 1