Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

MMG ties it with what seemed like goalie interference to tie the game 1-1 late in the 2nd

Pretty cautious 3rd till the last 5 min things heated up both ways.  Pare then scores late in the period for Avto and gets  the go-ahead goal, Tryamkin was on the ice but I think was one pass away from the 2nd assist  The group hug after the goal was funny, looked like Try was hugging his little ones :P

One play I liked was Try swatted a forechecking forward behind the net and with one paw the kid went over straight on his keester.flat on his back  Also noticed Try wasn't taking too many offensive chances (like in regular season games) and played a conservative stay at home style. 

 

 

 

 

Perhaps he has watched a few Pronger videos too? 

Thanks for the updates Hairy!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Sam; DO you think Tryamkin can play a full time 2LD? Canucks currently have MDZ and Hutton trying to play there. I don't think either should be. While I will always be leery of Tryamkin because of his bolting I would put him at 2LD next year if he returned. Move MDZ and have Hutton and Joulevi fight over 3LD. 

Have to agree with Sid, Boud’s.

To add to SIDS comments,  just my opinion, but besides Tryamkin seeming goal orientated in his progress, I think he likes to challenge himself almost to a fault, but overwhelmingly for his betterment.  He is as much disappointed in himself to make a mistake and recognize it ,. But thrives for the situational opportunitty again to correct it.

As for being a 2nd line D with us, in a heartbeat Tryamkin would be up for the task and could handle the workload.. the patience and mentoring would need to come from the Coach. 

Tryamkin would thrive with Green.. be better than Hutton, and be stronger mentally and Physically than Joulevi..

Tryamkin just needs water, and stir slowly.

Sounds like Nik was upset at being dropped by the Olympic Squad, and realizes with Russian NHL pro’s penciling in for the Worlds,. He will need to advance to the NHL to gain the notability to get on the Olympic/ World stage.. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Perhaps he has watched a few Pronger videos too? 

Thanks for the updates Hairy!

:P One thing I noticed is he looks like the thinner Try as when he left, not the chunky one. And on one PK he was sorta stuck out there for most of it, he had his stick across his knees breathing heavy at one point (I was watching to see if he was out of shape at all), but was up to the task once the puck was dropped. I think generally teams gradually flow their play the other way around him. because he shuts down most wingers and almost always wins his one on one battles. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

:P One thing I noticed is he looks like the thinner Try as when he left, not the chunky one. And on one PK he was sorta stuck out there for most of it, he had his stick across his knees breathing heavy at one point (I was watching to see if he was out of shape at all), but was up to the task once the puck was dropped. I think generally teams gradually flow their play the other way around him. because he shuts down most wingers and almost always wins his one on one battles. 

Love his shut down of the cycle !

its almost instant.. kid knows that the 1 second it takes to sit a forward on his butt, keeps him out of the play for 4-5 seconds.

One step and that reach is so effective, almost covers 20ft.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Have to agree with Sid, Boud’s.

To add to SIDS comments,  just my opinion, but besides Tryamkin seeming goal orientated in his progress, I think he likes to challenge himself almost to a fault, but overwhelmingly for his betterment.  He is as much disappointed in himself to make a mistake and recognize it ,. But thrives for the situational opportunitty again to correct it.

As for being a 2nd line D with us, in a heartbeat Tryamkin would be up for the task and could handle the workload.. the patience and mentoring would need to come from the Coach. 

Tryamkin would thrive with Green.. be better than Hutton, and be stronger mentally and Physically than Joulevi..

Tryamkin just needs water, and stir slowly.

Sounds like Nik was upset at being dropped by the Olympic Squad, and realizes with Russian NHL pro’s penciling in for the Worlds,. He will need to advance to the NHL to gain the notability to get on the Olympic/ World stage.. 

 

 

While Nik is slugging it out in the KHL he will always have those images of the 'big time'. I'm hoping it wears on him. Can't you just see Edler-Tryamkin-Joulevi on the left side. Totally AGree that Green would handle him better than Desjardin. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

While Nik is slugging it out in the KHL he will always have those images of the 'big time'. I'm hoping it wears on him. Can't you just see Edler-Tryamkin-Joulevi on the left side. Totally AGree that Green would handle him better than Desjardin. 

Yes,  there’s a few of us here that share that vision.

i just can’t remember too many Canuck players other than Bure, and Bertuzzi,  and the “potential” of Tryamkin, that moves me to the edge of my seat watching a Canucks game.

ps. Found this data, if anyone can find this seasons figures, it might prove interesting.

Avtomobilist almost folded last season due to financial obligations. I know being in the playoffs this season helps them, but who knows?

Still don’t get how a pro team can operate with 4-5 thousand average attendance per game.

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=9658

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Yes,  there’s a few of us here that share that vision.

i just can’t remember too many Canuck players other than Bure, and Bertuzzi,  and the “potential” of Tryamkin, that moves me to the edge of my seat watching a Canucks game.

ps. Found this data, if anyone can find this seasons figures, it might prove interesting.

Avtomobilist almost folded last season due to financial obligations. I know being in the playoffs this season helps them, but who knows?

Still don’t get how a pro team can operate with 4-5 thousand average attendance per game.

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=9658

And those fans are paying how much for tickets?  The KHL bleeds money, but it still exists.  Could it be a Russian Mob connection that keeps the league going?  Is there a need to even launder illicit funds in Russia?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alflives said:

And those fans are paying how much for tickets?  The KHL bleeds money, but it still exists.  Could it be a Russian Mob connection that keeps the league going?  Is there a need to even launder illicit funds in Russia?  

I’ve read where it’s a regular dude or dudettes’ monthly wage to see a game Alf.

I think some one else here has stated that an Oil Tycoon bailed Avtomobilist  out of folding last season, they were on the cusp.

I have read a report from the KHL stating that 2-4 more teams will be taken out of the League next season.

Russia seems to be a mosh pit of under world and dictator ship pyramids of power... just how Trump likes it ;) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I’ve read where it’s a regular dude or dudettes’ monthly wage to see a game Alf.

I think some one else here has stated that an Oil Tycoon bailed Avtomobilist  out of folding last season, they were on the cusp.

I have read a report from the KHL stating that 2-4 more teams will be taken out of the League next season.

Russia seems to be a mosh pit of under world and dictator ship pyramids of power... just how Trump likes it ;) 

Sam; Sorry but you cannot take politics out of hockey. A massive cut back in KHL teams is a loss of face in one of Putin's premier sports venues. Not likely to happen. Even if a few teams were shut down I am sure the top players would be grabbed by other KHL teams. Whether Tryamkin would use a collapse of his team as an excuse to return to Vancouver is a good question however. A bonus for Vancouver is that it is not a USA city which a lot of Russians do not like or feel threatened by. Russian politics are as close to organized crime running a government as it gets. A friend of mine spent 6 years over there working for a Labatt subsidiary. He said he saw a lot of things in bribing and out right extortion that were scary and mind numbing. Very happy to get out.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Does that put Avto down 3-2 in the series (with next game on the road) or do I have that wrong?

Yes Atvo and Try are facing elimination. Down 3-2

I really like MMG's forwards, big and sound defensively. 

 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are two recent Olympic champions in the Metallurg team: goalie Koshechkin and forward Mozyakin who became the first Russian player to reach 500 goals in the KHL (this happened in game 3 of the current playoffs). Avto has none.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

There are two recent Olympic champions in the Metallurg team: goalie Koshechkin and forward Mozyakin who became the first Russian player to reach 500 goals in the KHL (this happened in game 3 of the current playoffs). Avto has none.

 

@Hairy Kneel @Stierlitz       Must be an interesting story behind his career,   Seems he had the opportunity to play in the NHL,. Guess we shouldn’t take for granted that EVERY hockey player WANTS to play in North America.

 

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=43796 

Edited by SilentSam
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

 

@Hairy Kneel @Stierlitz       Must be an interesting story behind his career,   Seems he had the opportunity to play in the NHL,. Guess we shouldn’t take for granted that EVERY hockey player WANTS to play in North America.

 

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=43796 

Mozyakin is 36. In 2013 he signed 5-year contract with annual salary of 140 mln roubles which was around 5 mln dollars US at that time. Later the usd-rur rate changed from 30 to 60 roubles per dollar so his salary was like 2.5 mln USD. This year he signed 2-year contract extension with base annual salary of 180 million roubles plus 60 mln rouble bonus, he already matched requirement for that bonus this year. With current usd-rur rate of 57, he is making roughly 4.2 mln USD per year.

https://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/khl/reviews/superkontrakt-mozyakina-polmilliarda-za-vernost-1366805/ (in Russian).

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Avto offered Mozyakin similar contract this year but he preferred to stay with Magnitogorsk. Which means that Avto has some money. This is info about the Avto new major sponsor, operating budget of several billion dollars per year: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ural_Mining_and_Metallurgical_Company

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Mozyakin is 36. In 2013 he signed 5-year contract with annual salary of 140 mln roubles which was around 5 mln dollars US at that time. Later the usd-rur rate changed from 30 to 60 roubles per dollar so his salary was like 2.5 mln USD. This year he signed 2-year contract extension with base annual salary of 180 million roubles plus 60 mln rouble bonus, he already matched requirement for that bonus this year. With current usd-rur rate of 57, he is making roughly 4.2 mln USD per year.

https://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/khl/reviews/superkontrakt-mozyakina-polmilliarda-za-vernost-1366805/ (in Russian).

I'd expect that to be the top pay scale for MMG? 4.2 million

I'd venture to guess Try doesn't get Mozy's rate of pay, I'd guess 2-3 million USD approx (Try would be a step down from Mozy)

Because Mozy is a proven vet, coveted by both teams even.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...