The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 4/20/2019 at 10:43 AM, janisahockeynut said:

So......anyone up to this?

Ok, we find a couple of Canuck fans in Europe, that we can trust??????

We buy a $500.00 car, and paint it Canuck colors......

Throw some large Magnetic Canuck Logo's on it

and glue a few Canuck stuffies, and Flags on it

and Drive around Nikita's home town with a Blow horn

Chanting we want Tryamkin! We want Tryamkin.....

Just to get his juices going!

What do you think?

Probably only cost a $1000.00 to do it!

Who's in?

Paint "Vancouver or Bust" on the back of the car.

It might cost $1000  for 3 or 4 people to do it in Abbotsford lol.  But to go all the way to Russia to do it flights and accommodation etc etc gonna be 20k. 

Gotta really want the big guy for that price lol!

Whether or not Tryamkin can be convinced to buy out his final year of KHL contract and come play with the Canucks is one of the possibilities I'm most excited about this off-season, despite the low possibility of this happening. 

I'd appreciate the Canucks to communicate any news about how discussions with Tryamkin's agent are transpiring throughout the summer. Nothing wrong with some transparency, and keeps things interesting.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

It might cost $1000  for 3 or 4 people to do it in Abbotsford lol.  But to go all the way to Russia to do it flights and accommodation etc etc gonna be 20k. 

Gotta really want the big guy for that price lol!

Naw, just need a connection over in Russia....we could call Trump I guess

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Slegr said:

Whether or not Tryamkin can be convinced to buy out his final year of KHL contract and come play with the Canucks is one of the possibilities I'm most excited about this off-season, despite the low possibility of this happening. 

I'd appreciate the Canucks to communicate any news about how discussions with Tryamkin's agent are transpiring throughout the summer. Nothing wrong with some transparency, and keeps things interesting.

Probably not going to happen :lol:

On 4/19/2019 at 9:19 AM, stawns said:

I think it's obvious, to me anyway, that he will always feel he needs to be chased and coveted.

Not really, from what he said, he was at the time in his career where he thought his game would develop best by playing a lot - and that was not happening with Wee Willie. His first year back in Russia he got that, playing 27-28 minutes a game, but last year they changed ownership and the went with eight D playing equally and Tryamkin didn’t get big minutes until the playoffs (where he got the most minutes of the defenders).

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2019 at 6:43 PM, janisahockeynut said:

So......anyone up to this?

Ok, we find a couple of Canuck fans in Europe, that we can trust??????

We buy a $500.00 car, and paint it Canuck colors......

Throw some large Magnetic Canuck Logo's on it

and glue a few Canuck stuffies, and Flags on it

and Drive around Nikita's home town with a Blow horn

Chanting we want Tryamkin! We want Tryamkin.....

Just to get his juices going!

What do you think?

Probably only cost a $1000.00 to do it!

Who's in?

Paint "Vancouver or Bust" on the back of the car.

I'll do it!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Not really, from what he said, he was at the time in his career where he thought his game would develop best by playing a lot - and that was not happening with Wee Willie. His first year back in Russia he got that, playing 27-28 minutes a game, but last year they changed ownership and the went with eight D playing equally and Tryamkin didn’t get big minutes until the playoffs (where he got the most minutes of the defenders).

I think they had a plan for getting him big minutes earlier in the season he was here, he just didn't like it.

1 hour ago, Dixon Ward said:

IMHO if Tryamkin truly wants to play in the NHL, the time is now.  He should do what he must to get out of his commitment, come to Vancouver and fight for minutes and either force the coach to play him or up his value and get traded.  Another year in that far inferior league will not help.  He needs NHL minutes in the fastest, most skilled league on the smaller ice surface.  He will be 25 in August, and if he waits another year, he will be 26 when he starts trying to prove himself against the best.  If I was his agent, I would say, get your a$$ over there and get moving. 

Never mind his own age/experience etc as you point out, but the Canucks will only have more time to trade/sign/develop additional depth on D in that time frame as well.

The time truly is now. He needs to get here and establish himself before that opportunity becomes increasingly filled by other players.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Never mind his own age/experience etc as you point out, but the Canucks will only have more time to trade/sign/develop additional depth on D in that time frame as well.

The time truly is now. He needs to get here and establish himself before that opportunity becomes increasingly filled by other players.

Will Tryamkin even have a place on this team when his KHL contract is done next summer? Especially if he wants top 4 minutes. 

Tryamkin clearly outplayed most of the defence core in 2016. But 2020 will be a different story. Hughes is a lock. Hutton and Stetcher make a great tandem. Joulevi, Rafferty, Teves, Brisebois will likely be in the mix. Edler and Tanev will likely still be here. Then there's the possibility of the Canucks drafting a defenceman this year, if it's Victor Soderstrom, he could likely compete for a spot after another year in the SHL. 

Tryamkin isn't exactly Nikita Zaitsev, so he's likely not going to be gifted a spot to see what he can do for the team. 

Edited by OneSeventeen

7 minutes ago, OneSeventeen said:

Will Tryamkin even have a place on this team when his KHL contract is done next summer? Especially if he wants top 4 minutes. 

Tryamkin clearly outplayed most of the defence core in 2016. But 2020 will be a different story. Hughes is a lock. Hutton and Stetcher make a great tandem. Joulevi, Rafferty, Teves, Brisebois will likely be in the mix. Edler and Tanev will likely still be here. Then there's the possibility of the Canucks drafting a defenceman this year, if it's Victor Soderstrom, he could likely compete for a spot after another year in the SHL. 

Tryamkin isn't exactly Nikita Zaitsev, so he's likely not going to be gifted a spot to see what he can do for the team. 

Well I'd imagine a couple of Tanev, Hutton etc could be moved at some point and there's no guarantee Rafferty, Teves, Brisebois etc are even making the club (let alone in top 4 roles). But I'd wager we're also looking at at least one UFA/trade as well. But guys like Woo and Rathbone could also be pushing by then, on top of your list. 

It's certainly not going to get less crowded. He might be hard pressed to make 2nd pair in that scenario.

On a positive note, having too many top 4D is a pretty good problem to have and could allow us to fill holes elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nzan said:

I think they had a plan for getting him big minutes earlier in the season he was here, he just didn't like it.

No, not true, Desjardins did everything to keep him off the ice or throttle his minutes until the season was near over.  Course Desjardins had all kinds of time for Vey, Chabot, etc.  Desjardins was LAs way of invisibly tanking.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1