The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, J-23 said:

My dream is to be a bounty hunter who catches cheaters.

That's actually a real job. (though you don't confront them, just get evidence)

Get a PI licence. Rich people definitely pay good money to get evidence of affairs. especially for divorce proceedings .

• Upvote 2
On 7/15/2018 at 10:27 PM, luckylager said:

I edit 90% of my posts. 

Even the short ones

Me too!

My grammar and punctuation are so poor that I've even installed Grammarly to my browser to help me with my typing.

Because of that, I already had to make changes to my 1st sentence. LOL!

• Cheers 1
On 7/16/2018 at 12:47 PM, MattJVD said:

That's actually a real job. (though you don't confront them, just get evidence)

Get a PI licence. Rich people definitely pay good money to get evidence of affairs. especially for divorce proceedings .

And post vids on internet for secondary revenue stream  :ph34r:

Does anybody have that one person from their past, maybe high school or a job in your younger years, that you seem to think about and in your mind go "Damn, wish I woulda...?"

Is that normal? If not, I'll bury that deep down with the rest of my unmentionables.

1 hour ago, diesel_3 said:

Me too!

My grammar and punctuation are so poor that I've even installed Grammarly to my browser to help me with my typing.

Because of that, I already had to make changes to my 1st sentence. LOL!

Sometimes I come across an old post of mine and it reads like yoda wrote it.

8 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

Does anybody have that one person from their past, maybe high school or a job in your younger years, that you seem to think about and in your mind go "Damn, wish I woulda...?"

Is that normal? If not, I'll bury that deep down with the rest of my unmentionables.

completely normal bro

• Cheers 1
10 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

That's def normal, life flies by and a few moments can sometimes change everything

• Cheers 1

I confess ~

I shop a little too much at the Banana Republic.  Today, I went online, and their sale is an additional 50% off, so I went to the store after work, hoping to find a trench coat.  I shopped the sale.  Oh boy.  I got a pair of jeans, 2 shirts, and 2 skirts, all for ultra cheap! And I saw a trench coat on sale in an XL, and asked the sales associate if they could find it in my size, and they called down to a store in California, and unfortunately they did not have it.  So I may have a little problem here, but everything on sale is so cheap, and in my size too.  Then I went to the Gap, and they were having a sale too, but their line was too long.  

On 2018-07-14 at 9:47 AM, Coconuts said:

I've been giving it a lot of thought the last couple months, I wanna be better about getting out and adventuring on my own. Just getting out, doing stuff, driving to nature things and making trips. There are so many things I'd rather be doing with other people but I shouldn't allow the lack of people around to stop me from going out and doing those things. Nature walks, hikes, ect. There's so much beauty out there and it'd be a shame to let solitude close doors you know? Most of our lives are spent in our own company anyway tbh.

I've got a goal of swimming at least 30 times this summer and I'm already halfway there, all of em have been solo swims thus far so I'm doing pretty good.

Outdoor fun is great with the right person/people/friend but outdoor fun solo is at worst just fun and at best extremely fulfilling.....I’m outside a lot on my own.  As I’ve gotten older I’d have to say that if I’m not with family playing outside then it’s a solo mission.  Keep at it.  The more you do it and the more you challenge yourself the more you see and find out.

right up until mid November I was paddling across a lake on my board in the dark with a headlamp on by myself. (Wetsuit of course)

on the return I would turn the light off.

animal mode.  Just listening and looking.

tiny bit of Adrenalin in the evening on your own is pretty damn awesome.

Edited by riffraff
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Outdoor fun is great with the right person/people/friend but outdoor fun solo is at worst just fun and at best extremely fulfilling.....I’m outside a lot on my own.  As I’ve gotten older I’d have to say that if I’m not with family playing outside then it’s a solo mission.  Keep at it.  The more you do it and the more you challenge yourself the more you see and find out.

right up until mid November I was paddling across a lake on my board in the dark with a headlamp on by myself. (Wetsuit of course)

on the return I would turn the light off.

animal mode.  Just listening and looking.

tiny bit of Adrenalin in the evening on your own is pretty damn awesome.

I used to be more consistent about getting out and doing hikes on my own, I always knew there was a chance I'd bump into wildlife but I was never too worried about it. Then a couple years ago my buddy and I came up behind a cougar and took it by surprise. I didn't even realize it was there til I saw it out of the corner of my eye, thought it was a deer at first. I imagine it was probably stalking something because you'll very rarely catch a cougar by surprise. You won't really see them unless they want to be seen. We just back up slowly and talked really loudly and got outta there right quick. But ever since I've been a lot more wary and apprehensive about going out in the bush on my own. You can be safe and let people know where you're going but there's always that chance something will go wrong. Lotta cougars and bears on the island you know?

I've been going out to parks closer to down and provincial parks with lots of foot traffic, or out to the ocean and places I think I'm less likely to bump into that sort of thing! There's still a lot to do, I suppose I'm just got a healthy dose of paranoia now haha.

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I used to be more consistent about getting out and doing hikes on my own, I always knew there was a chance I'd bump into wildlife but I was never too worried about it. Then a couple years ago my buddy and I came up behind a cougar and took it by surprise. I didn't even realize it was there til I saw it out of the corner of my eye, thought it was a deer at first. I imagine it was probably stalking something because you'll very rarely catch a cougar by surprise. You won't really see them unless they want to be seen. We just back up slowly and talked really loudly and got outta there right quick. But ever since I've been a lot more wary and apprehensive about going out in the bush on my own. You can be safe and let people know where you're going but there's always that chance something will go wrong. Lotta cougars and bears on the island you know?

I've been going out to parks closer to down and provincial parks with lots of foot traffic, or out to the ocean and places I think I'm less likely to bump into that sort of thing! There's still a lot to do, I suppose I'm just got a healthy dose of paranoia now haha.

Ya cougars are freaky.  It’s funny because in all my time out there I’ve never encountered one.  The only cat I’ve been near was either a lynx or bobcat - not really sure which.

9 hours ago, riffraff said:

Ya cougars are freaky.  It’s funny because in all my time out there I’ve never encountered one.  The only cat I’ve been near was either a lynx or bobcat - not really sure which.

Damn, I'd have taken either of those over a cougar. It's a neat story and all but I'd rather it not happen again haha..

Nature's weird that way sometimes though eh?

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

@CoconutsHave you ever tried Geocaching?  It's a fun activity to do while spending time outdoors.

I haven't, apparently there's all sorts of caches in the mid island area though so maybe I'll check it out