The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Future of Tom Sestito (Merged)

Provost

Sestito will get his chance eventually. I can't remember the last time this team has started a season this relatively injury-free. It's inevitable that their luck will run out and we'll have two or three forwards go down and need healthy bodies to step in.

But it's tough waiting and some guys handle the press box better than others.

Sestito should give Andrew Alberts a call. That guy showed tremendous class and professionalism in how he approached his duties as a "spare" who sat out for long stretches during his time here. Alberts accepted the situation, understood his role, stayed positive, and kept himself in game shape and ready for action (until his career was cut short by that scumbag McGrattan).

That's not to say there's anything wrong with Sestito wanting to clarify things with Benning and inquire about the team's plans for him. Although I'm a little surprised that he needed to go over the coaches heads on this. It seemed like Willie had already made it clear that Sestito would be getting a chance pretty soon (based on some of his comments quoted in the press). Just no sense in switching things up when the team seems to be hitting its stride with the current lineup.

Can Dorsett handle a guy much bigger?? say John Scott? Sestito wouldn't even hesitate to drop the gloves on any aggressors... true that most teams don't carry heavyweight enforcers anymore but we lack size and toughness compared to the Kings, Sharks, Ducks...

If Jensen can put up numbers consistently, I don't mind seeing Sestito gone to be honest...

Also, how does Bo Horvat affect Sestito's spot on the roster? Do we really need to hold on to Corrado as the 8th D-man??

Can Dorsett handle a guy much bigger?? say John Scott? Sestito wouldn't even hesitate to drop the gloves on any aggressors... true that most teams don't carry heavyweight enforcers anymore but we lack size and toughness compared to the Kings, Sharks, Ducks...

If Jensen can put up numbers consistently, I don't mind seeing Sestito gone to be honest...

Also, how does Bo Horvat affect Sestito's spot on the roster? Do we really need to hold on to Corrado as the 8th D-man??

Do you really want to keep a roster spot (or a scratch spot) around to fight John Scott? I don't.

Bo Horvat affects Sestito's spot because there are only 23 spots on the roster, and Sestito is taking one. It stops us from being able to keep Horvat around even if he is not playing every night and watching from the press box.

"What do you do when a 6-8 guy who can't skate challenges you? You say no, go around him & score".... classic juice.

I'm thinking between Dorsett and Kassian we have more muscle than most teams. Unless there is a trade Sestito (I'm actually a fan of his) can't crack this roster.

When has trying to be more tough ever helped us beat the Kings, Sharks and Ducks?

You have to be able to play no matter what line you're on. Dorsett fights, can play at even strength and PK.

Sestito can take stupid undisciplined penalties that hurt us. doesn't PK and I don't trust with playing 10 minutes a game.

so if a John Scott guy keeps bullying our star players... you expect Dorsett standing at 6'0 to challenge him? or just do nothing?

Sestito is NOT a goon! Come on Nucks fans!! he frigging scored 9 pts in 77 games last season and was given so many games due to injuries... the guy can hold the puck and make things happen and best of all protects his teammates... how much more do you expect out of him?

Archived