The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

18 hours ago, Borvat said:

I say let him sit at home.  Gives others a chance to get ice time and the Canucks time to make choices.  This year more than any other in recent history they have options.  Nothing to do with him.  But I am a Canucks fan and have been since inception.  I cheer for the jersey and not the player when the rubber hits the road.  GO CANUCKS GO!

Could be a great opportunity for Goldy, if indeed Boeser misses any games.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

While in the end he may have no influence, I hope he does! It’s nice to see a teammate / friend put pressure on him to be here. Obviously because he wants him here, but also because he knows the team needs him and he needs the team. In the end it’s about the team and doing well, clearly that’s a big part of what Petey wants. And the best for his Friend as well. 

• Like 2

When I refer to "hurting the team"...I think it's more that there's a missing piece.  They're all golfing today...bonding, laughing...this team building off the ice is important.  You go to bat more for someone who's considered a friend as well as a teammate.  If you've just had a great time together, that naturally brings you closer together and carries over.

Hurting Brock.  Because he deserves to be part of this.  Seeing him in that picture that was just posted - looking pretty isolated and alone....especially at a time in life where he's enduring some real hills to climb and uncertainty...I just think it'd be better for him to be surrounded by and participating with his brothers here in Vancouver.  

But I'm being a hypocrite by adding to the drama and discussion, so will just...wait and see.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Honestly I like Brock. A lot. But if he's demanding more than 7 mil it's unjustified. He has 140 games experience over the span of 2 years with a couple of arduous injuries along the way. Also, if he's asking for the contract to be structured like Meier's, that's also unjustified the 2 are not comparable. Meier kills penalties, hits, plays with an edge and he's gritty. They have comparable point totals but that's about it. I don't like how much power RFAs think they have in the negotiations and it all started with the Nylander/Dubas fiasco. Inexperienced GM strong armed into a bad contract, and now that bad contract is having massive ripple effects across the league.

I definitely see the league addressing this issue in the next CBA negotiations. And I have a feeling the NHLPA might cave eventually on this matter. All these RFA negotiations are having an adverse effect on the guys who have been in the league longer, paid their dues and have actually earned a massive contract. But a 22 year old kid who has been on the job less than 2 years and is making 6-7mill/year (assuming that's the ceiling Boeser signs for) should not be considered a loss to them or their agents.

If I remember correctly the deadline for an RFA is Dec 1, but I really feel it should be Sep 1, way ahead of training camp. I fail to see who benefits from more time than that, but as soon as training camp starts it's kind of a lose-lose scenario.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, J-P said:

If I remember correctly the deadline for an RFA is Dec 1, but I really feel it should be Sep 1, way ahead of training camp. I fail to see who benefits from more time than that, but as soon as training camp starts it's kind of a lose-lose scenario.

Doesn't apply to Boeser - he can join the team even past that 1 December date.   He's not a standard RFA but a 10.2 (c) player with no arbitration rights and who can't sign an offer sheet.  

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vanuckles said:

Honestly I like Brock. A lot. But if he's demanding more than 7 mil it's unjustified. He has 140 games experience over the span of 2 years with a couple of arduous injuries along the way. Also, if he's asking for the contract to be structured like Meier's, that's also unjustified the 2 are not comparable. Meier kills penalties, hits, plays with an edge and he's gritty. They have comparable point totals but that's about it. I don't like how much power RFAs think they have in the negotiations and it all started with the Nylander/Dubas fiasco. Inexperienced GM strong armed into a bad contract, and now that bad contract is having massive ripple effects across the league.

I definitely see the league addressing this issue in the next CBA negotiations. And I have a feeling the NHLPA might cave eventually on this matter. All these RFA negotiations are having an adverse effect on the guys who have been in the league longer, paid their dues and have actually earned a massive contract. But a 22 year old kid who has been on the job less than 2 years and is making 6-7mill/year (assuming that's the ceiling Boeser signs for) should not be considered a loss to them or their agents.

The Nylander rule?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IRR said:

While in the end he may have no influence, I hope he does! It’s nice to see a teammate / friend put pressure on him to be here. Obviously because he wants him here, but also because he knows the team needs him and he needs the team. In the end it’s about the team and doing well, clearly that’s a big part of what Petey wants. And the best for his Friend as well. 

Drive. Passion. Goals. I like these things. I will pick up the player that adds more of those things....:lol:

• Haha 2