The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can we just take a moment to appreciate what tremendous humans the Sedins are?

Goat James

There has been som talk around here that Benning and Linden should make the "smart" move and get rid of the Sedins while their value is high. If would like to inform you that such a thing would be disrespectful towards the most classy and best hockey players this organization has ever seen. 

They'be been Canucks for 14 years and have never complained about anything. They've been great role models, always worked hard and given their all for the team. Henrik has been the captain for six years and the Sedins have been the team's scoring leaders every season since the 06/07 season. They're the only players with 900 career Canucks points and it's only a matter of time until they're going to hold the record of most games played. 

The two of them are 35 years old, but they are still relyed upon to be the offensive leaders on the team. If the Sedins don't score then the Canucks don't win. Period. If the Sedins score then the Canucks might not win, but there's a chance. 

They've expressed how they wish to end their careers as Canucks countless of times, and in my mind it would be a slap in the face to not grant them that wish. 

TL;DR the Sedins are awesome, enjoy them while it lasts, because who knows if we'll ever get to see players like them again. 

Just wait until the next loss. The ones that usually nay will come back and say how slow and old the Sedins are. It's games like yesterday that those naysayers tend to hide inside their shells. A loss, boom, they emerge and completely down the team it's ridiculous. 

I just want to make it clear that Sedins are good for another 2-3 years.

The Sedins have done everything but lead the Canucks to a Stanley Cup.  They will be remembered as great players who couldn't close it out (some others that come to mind: Ovechkin, Naslund, Bure, Sundin, Hawerchuk, Housley, Oates, Lafontaine, Dionne).  That doesn't take away from what they've done on and off the ice as individuals.

Their possession numbers are off the charts, but it's too bad that the Canucks play for the Stanley Cup, not the Corsi Cup.  If only they could convert on their opportunities at nearly similar rates as they did last night vs. the 'hawks on a consistent basis -- they'd be Art Ross candidates and the team would be looking more like contenders than pretenders.

One thing is for sure, they are pillars of the community and we as fans couldn't ask for better people than Henrik and Daniel to be the face of the organization in the local community.  The Sedinary will be missed when they hang 'em up.

They are certainly incredible, even if they don't show it as often as they used to. Off the ice, there are few like them.

One thing occurred to me -- they wanted to keep that $1,5M donation silent, but it got publicized. How many donations have they done that have gone unannounced? I guess we'll never know, but that sort of humility is astounding.

An absolute pleasure to watch every game. I don't think most people understand the influence the twins have had on the game. From charity to cycling the puck, power play to community these guys are champions. They also take less money to stay Canucks and will forever be respected as classy guys and warriors on the ice.

Love them. It's hard to think that they may not have another chance at the Cup. It's one of the hardest feelings to cope with in sports. To see your all-star player, who pours his heart out for the team and community, never seize the ultimate prize. And we've got two of the very best.

Amazing players and even better people. Incredibly underrated in the league.

People keep expecting them to steadily decline, but they remain elite scorers each year. I personally believe they'll be PPG players till they retire.

Daniel Sedin is on pace for his BEST goal scoring season since 2010.

Henrik Sedin is on pace for his BEST assist scoring season since 2010.

Archived