The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kings Want To Extend F Milan Lucic

SNACanuck

We'd have to give him the 7x7 deal, which might get brought down to 7x6.5 if he really loves us as he says he does.  Either way, hella expensive.

Don't see how the Kings can fit him (barring major changes to their cap situation) but if they manage, kudos to them.

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Kings will find a way to sign him. They'll move cap around to get it done.

I never thought Lucic in Vancouver was realistic. Once players go to LA and get a taste for the lifestyle and the winning, they don't want to leave.

This might be a good thing for us in the long run. Benning probably would have overpaid and given too much term to get him here.

You are bang on DeNiro that the Kings will get it done... Lucic just fits with who they want to be.  Gaborik is out in LA.  But I have always thought that Lucic with the Sedins would be unstoppable.... we just missed our window!

11 hours ago, SwedeHockey said:

Whether we like it or not, I think it's safe to say that Lucic will be a Canuck next season. As others already pointed out, they simply won't have the money to retain Kopitar and Lucic. 

Hope so. or big buff.

9 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

REALLY.  That's your first thought for fitting Milan back into their cap space.  

IMO Kopitar, Doughty and Quick are and should remain the Kings' cornerstones.  If they trade Anze their center depth looks suspect, as they'd give up their #1 center and a key defensive player.  Carter has been on fire and so has Milan, but let's not get too crazy now, highly doubt they'd let Anze go, even if they do get a king's ransom in return in trade.  Of course Brown's salary could hinder them re-signing Anze, but I'd bet they'd try their best to dump him first or promote Zykov like someone mentioned before trading #11, otherwise they'd be doing the division a big favor.    

I'm not the GM. But if Lucic fits their team, and they want to extend him. I'm pretty sure they would get a king's ransom (no pun intended) for Kopitar. That makes the deal to obtain Lucic all the better. With the history of the Canucks, quite often any high end players from the Lower Mainland never seem to play for Vancouver. You know guys like Paul Kariya, Joe Sakic, or we trade away guys like Bam Bam Cam. 

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

yeah, why would the canucks need his size, toughness and 50 points a year?

No one.

Fans that are calling for a tank definitely hate the prospects of signing Lucic.

Canucks priority. Canucks property.

11 hours ago, meh_wassup said:

Am I missing something here? What kind of magic can the Kings work with the cap to be able to fit in Kopitar and Lucic? No way Lucic accepts less than he is getting paid now, so are they thinking about not re-signing Kopitar then? Or maybe trading one of Gaborik or Brown? Maybe it's just smoke and mirrors by Lombardi for some ulterior motive?

Maybe they will lure one of their players to smuggle a drug across the border and then report it to the US government. That will give them an excuse to get that player's cap off the book. Maybe Mike Richards? Oh wait... OK, maybe Gaborik or Brown? I guess Brown, he doesn't do much other than drawing penalties with his superb embellishment skills and LA doesn't score much on PP anyways. 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm not the GM. But if Lucic fits their team, and they want to extend him. I'm pretty sure they would get a king's ransom (no pun intended) for Kopitar. That makes the deal to obtain Lucic all the better. With the history of the Canucks, quite often any high end players from the Lower Mainland never seem to play for Vancouver. You know guys like Paul Kariya, Joe Sakic, or we trade away guys like Bam Bam Cam. 

Kariya blatantly did not want to play for the Canucks; the pressure of local micro-attention.

Sakic is as loyal as any man walking on this Earth. He's an Avalanche for life. He was a bit more politically correct in his dealings with the media on the matter, as was Niedermayer.

Lucic however, was a Bruins, and right in the midst of a Cup final against his favorite team, grinned endlessly when asked about growing up a Canucks fan. Last summer the prospects of Lucic to Vancouver made media rounds until the very last minute when he was traded to L.A.

I think he's coming home.

13 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I want Lucic to sign here in Vancouver. He is something we are missing 

Sedin-Sedin-Lucic 

GOOD GOD.

the way the Sedins are playing Lucic would easily score 25+

I'd love to see him with the Sedins just so he could tune the &^@# out of some prick that was &^@#ing with the Sedins.

IMO Lombardi NEEDS to know where he stands with Lucic... Can he re-sign him? .. doubtful.  Does he deal him before deadline? .. I doubt that too..

Lucic will give them the best chance at another cup,. so perhaps The Kings settle with the thought of keeping him as a rental for this season only... Still not a bad deal for the Kings.

But if the Kings DO NOT move anyone by the deadline.. my money is on M.Lucic in Sea to Sky colors by September.

Archived