The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Why would Edler need Ohlund to support him?

You know how it is when you're 29. Sometimes you need the support of a 39 year old man who's retired, married, and has kids of his own as well. The world is a big, scary place for a millionaire like Edler.

1 minute ago, Monty said:

You know how it is when you're 29. Sometimes you need the support of a 39 year old man who's retired, married, and has kids of his own as well. The world is a big, scary place for a millionaire like Edler.

Yeah really, very bizarre. Tampa must realize this support exists and count it toward trade value.

Yzerman.... You suck. You absolutely suck. **** you. **** your development philosophy and **** your commitment to the consistent failure of the roster you constructed. Val Filppula is over the hill and needs to go. I don't give a **** how good he is at killing penalties. He's useless at even strength, even more useless on the power play and is a terrible linemate for anyone not named Killorn, Brown and Callahan. Matt Carle continues to be totally ****ing useless BUT WAIT!!! We get to have an answer NEXT YEAR!!!! You drafted Slater Koekkoek and in the meantime his defensive draft mates are playing their 2nd and 3rd full seasons in the NHL. This is despite the fact you CHOSE HIM over better prospects like Filip Forsberg. Jonathan Drouin is gonna go play in the MINORS now when he would be getting 20 minutes of TOI on EVERY other goddamn team in the NHL. Oh but it's good for his "development" it gives him "playing time" so our goddamn dime a dozens like Paquette, JAM and Brown still have a job!

Excuse me I'm gonna throw something again

Ok now I'm back. 

It's ALWAYS next ****ing year with you. It's always "Be patient" I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE 20GODDAMN10 WHEN YOU TOOK OVER THE JOB!!!! WE WENT TO THE STANLEY CUP FINALS AND YOU'RE TAKING OUR FUTURE BACKWARDS!!! 

If it's not now then it never ****ing will be. You've officially mailed in the season before the halfway point.

Here are a few more comments from the Tampa HF boards.

Don't get drafted by the Lightning kids! Unless you're Palat, Johnson and Kucherov you'll spend your career in the minors past your 21st birthday. In some cases you may get traded or waived first!

-signed 

Connolly
Koekkoek
Drouin
Namestnikov 

Coming soon

Anthony DeAngelo
Adam Erne 

The Tampa Bay Lightning - We think we're the Red Wings cuz Stevie Yzerman is in charge!!

He produces, yet hes still a liability away from the puck and can't seem to understand what "structure" or "gap control" are.

He's a borderline NHLer with a big head. Teams should stay away from him until he matures a bit.

What a princess, always came off as a guy with an ego.

Oh, and check this out. A tampa fan also proposed a trade to the Nucks.

Would do

Tanev/Edler, Virtanen and Subban from the Canucks.

That guy would trade Drouin for Virtanen/Subban/Tanev or Edler. Um, I don't know if I'd do that. Some here would probably do that.

But from my intake, here's a guy who's coming off his last year in his ELC, reportedly asked for a trade around November due to him being sent down numerous of times, and rumored fall out between him and Cooper. Tampa fans know that they aren't a big team, with Stamkos most likely leaving Tampa, and their team is practically falling apart. And they're pretty damn pissed at Yzerman and blame him/co for the chaos that's surrounding Tampa right now.

Would Drouin for Virtanen/Subban/Tanev or Edler be close to the trade value Drouin brings? 

53 minutes ago, Toews said:

He hasn't been given a fair shot. Players worse than him are given time on Tampa's top line as the coach plays favorites. Drouin spent the entire year on Tampa's 4th line and produced despite playing with plugs and with limited minutes.

Well he still only has 2 goals in 19 games but ya he still sounds like a stuck up young kid who thinks he deserves it all so early in his career...but he can mature and still be a great player

11 minutes ago, Monty said:

:lol::lol: made my day!!

1 minute ago, billabong said:

Well he still only has 2 goals in 19 games but ya he still sounds like a stuck up young kid who thinks he deserves it all so early in his career...but he can mature and still be a great player

Not really. He just wants to play and is more skilled than 1/2 of the Tampa team. He's being misused by a stubborn coach. 

This sharply brings back 2011 memories.

Our team was structured and destined to win the cup in 2011. When we lost, things went downhill, lost key players that were part of our run, players started to trickle down and spiral downwards. We also had pretty bad drafting in the years before the cup run. Tampa are now in our shoes post 2011. If they can't keep things together, then it's going to be tough to rebound. Especially when you've already lost a 6th overall pick (Connolly), potentially a 3rd overall pick (Drouin), and your captain who's bound to leave very soon. They're going to the wrong direction and you might as well kiss their season (rather their core that they've successfully built) goodbye.

29 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Well the price is gonna be high. McCann + 2017 1st seems like a fair offer. Probably wont make the trade myself, I think McCann is going to hit it big time. 

It's also fishy how he cant get his offense going playing with Stamkos. 

He's not playing with Stammer though to the best of my knowledge they're placing him in the bottom 6 with limited PP time

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Would Drouin for Virtanen/Subban/Tanev or Edler be close to the trade value Drouin brings? 

Seems a hefty price for someone who has requested a trade.  Don't think I'd offer up that much.  Elder, Baer and Vey maybe.  I know Steve hangs the phone up though.

1 hour ago, VanIslander89 said:

Wow... Go from playing in the finals last June, to Stamkos potentially walking in July (just my opinion but I think it's 100% guaranteed he goes to Toronto this summer) and now Drouin requesting a trade... Tough times ahead in Tampa. 

I figured if Stevie Y could get a decent package back for Stammer, he could just continue on building around Johnson and Drouin........nevermind then.

Although, as has been said already...

Johansen in CBJ.. Duchene in COL.. Someone will bite 

Don't forget ST.Louis demanding a trade prior either.   That's 3 high end players players wanting out in 2 years, something must be going on in tampa.

Move sun and earth to get him. Wow cant believes hes asking out.  With stamkos saying he wanted out too this.  Could be a big trading chip for tampa to get back another top 6 C if stammer does indeed leave despite saying he wants to stay.  wowzor.  id jump on that.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He's not playing with Stammer though to the best of my knowledge they're placing him in the bottom 6 with limited PP time

He started the season with Stamkos. He had good playing time until injuries and such. Then, he's been getting limited time. getting bounced up and down, and now he's been surpassed by guys like Pacquette, Brown, Killorn, etc.

As well, his limited ice-time also has to do with his supposed fall out with Cooper.

sbisa(when healthy)= signed d for cheaper than carle

baertschi/shinkaruk= not bennings guy, ppg in ahl, value quite high 

2016 2nd=bennings favourite pick to trade

for

carle= expensive for 2 more years affter this, we abosrb the contract giving them 2m cap savings

drouin= has asked for a move

I would think that would be the most benning offers

Archived