The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

On 12/3/2019 at 11:32 AM, Kragar said:

Yikes.  gotta love those who take their strollers on them, too.  Had one parent have the stroller wheel touch the side of  escalator half way up, and it ripped it out of his hands and those of us behind were stumbling over them and the stroller while trying to help and not fall over.  Too impatient to wait for the elevator.

But yeah, those clowns who stop at the top are annoying.

Ugh, that's not just annoying; that's dangerous!

I have a few elevator stories. Mostly involves people who get to the top/bottom and just stop or move super slow (staring at their phones) so that they're in the way of everyone else behind them. 

One time, I was walking up the escalator behind this guy with a giant backpack on. I made sure to leave a bit of room between us so that I wouldn't get hit by his bag if he decides to stop/move when he got to the top. But he did something much worse: he started to walk backwards down the escalator when we were already halfway up! Luckily, there was a bit of room for me to slide to the right and out of his way right before he ( and his giant backpack) would've hit me and possibly sent me tumbling down the escalator. 

1 hour ago, Psylocke said:

Ugh, that's not just annoying; that's dangerous!

I have a few elevator stories. Mostly involves people who get to the top/bottom and just stop or move super slow (staring at their phones) so that they're in the way of everyone else behind them. 

One time, I was walking up the escalator behind this guy with a giant backpack on. I made sure to leave a bit of room between us so that I wouldn't get hit by his bag if he decides to stop/move when he got to the top. But he did something much worse: he started to walk backwards down the escalator when we were already halfway up! Luckily, there was a bit of room for me to slide to the right and out of his way right before he ( and his giant backpack) would've hit me and possibly sent me tumbling down the escalator. 

That's nuts.  Wonder what inspired the walking backwards.

1) spotify & smart phones

- could rant big time on this. They make phones great enough to be capable of listening to me at any time, for the purposes of 'advertising', yet they cant make basic apps/services work without glitching constantly. I have Samsung now (also trash) but iPhones are garbage b/c apple (intentionally) updates them into oblivion. Exc. Exc.

2) inconsiderate people

On 12/5/2019 at 10:10 AM, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Having to pay over 50% of the money I make in some form or another of Tax.

I like to think of it this way:

when I work the whole weekend,  one of those days is for the gvt.

:sick:

• Cheers 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I forgot to pay my Internet bill.  I did it to myself.  I forgot. And 10-15 minutes ago, all of the sudden, out of no where, I realized that I did not pay it.  I called, and the bill went up $30.00.  I went online, and viewed the bill, and the increase is not due to a non payment, that was a $10 charge. They increased the rate.  They have other offers, so I will talk to them tomorrow in person, and about another provider that is offering the same service at a cheaper rate. 

I'm annoyed that I forgot, and that the rate was increased by $30 per month. 

On 12/6/2019 at 3:42 PM, bishopshodan said:

When my dog takes off after a deer, so I jump of the deck to chase and yell for her ...to later realise I ended up spraining my ankle once the adrenaline wore off.

That dog shall only get 10 pats a day for the next week!  Hmmmph.

I buggered up my knee....trying to carry too much crap from the mall to the car!    Leggings were on sale and so instead of the one pair I initially bought the day before, they were so good I went back and bought 5 more.  And a bag.  And a new pot for my plant.  And potting soil.  And new mats for my buns.

Was juggling it all then decided I needed a donair to go because I hadn't eaten anything and shopping is a workout!   The straw.  Should have just crawled right past the donair place, as I knew I was pushing it to get to the car.

The bag of potting soil started to slip and I tried to (well did) catch it.   Had to reorganize and then get to the car with my 900 lbs of stuff.

Didn't feel it right away....but the next day (yesterday), going up/down stairs.  A b.  I have 28 at home and 15 at work...yeow.

Annoys me when I hurt myself in one of those dumb moments where I know I probably will, but proceed anyhow.  Gonna go lean a tall ladder on the stairs to change a lightbulb on the landing as an encore.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, brilac said:

I forgot to pay my Internet bill.  I did it to myself.  I forgot. And 10-15 minutes ago, all of the sudden, out of no where, I realized that I did not pay it.  I called, and the bill went up $30.00.  I went online, and viewed the bill, and the increase is not due to a non payment, that was a $10 charge. They increased the rate.  They have other offers, so I will talk to them tomorrow in person, and about another provider that is offering the same service at a cheaper rate. 

I'm annoyed that I forgot, and that the rate was increased by $30 per month. 

That's complete garbage!   My bill keeps creeping up too...I'm going to switch back from Shaw to Telus if they keep gouging me.

• Upvote 1

I have Shaw high speed internet. The service is generally very good, so I don't mind paying for it. But they offered me free cable if I signed a contract for 2 years for my existing plan. Don't really watch much TV, but didn't plan on switching internet, so took it. This was in October.

The cable package is actually very good, and includes all of the Sports channels. So despite living in Alberta, I get all of the Canucks games. Problem is, I already had purchased NHL Gamecentre for the year, so I tried to cancel it and get at least a partial refund of my $180. Two times I tried to call, and was put on hold for a long time, bounced from one person to the next, and couldn't find anyone with a clue of how to cancel it. One person said she knew - that I simply had to go through Apple TV and cancel the subscription. All that did is cancel it at the end of the season. So rather than continue this exercise in futility, I just bit the bullet and kept both for the year. That is annoying.

However, I still prefer to use Gamecentre than watch on the cable, because of the 2nd thing that is annoying: the cable remote does not have a 'skip forward' button!!! Seriously? I get wanting people to watch commercials, but purposely removing one of the most widely-used features of your technology just to make it difficult? Screw you, Shaw.

Edited by D-Money
4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I have Shaw high speed internet. The service is generally very good, so I don't mind paying for it. But they offered me free cable if I signed a contract for 2 years for my existing plan. Don't really watch much TV, but didn't plan on switching internet, so took it. This was in October.

The cable package is actually very good, and includes all of the Sports channels. So despite living in Alberta, I get all of the Canucks games. Problem is, I already had purchased NHL Gamecentre for the year, so I tried to cancel it and get at least a partial refund of my $180. Two times I tried to call, and was put on hold for a long time, bounced from one person to the next, and couldn't find anyone with a clue of how to cancel it. One person said she knew - that I simply had to go through Apple TV and cancel the subscription. All that did is cancel it at the end of the season. So rather than continue this exercise in futility, I just bit the bullet and kept both for the year. That is annoying.

However, I still prefer to use Gamecentre than watch on the cable, because of the 2nd thing that is annoying: the cable remote does not have a 'skip forward' button!!! Seriously? I get wanting people to watch commercials, but purposely removing one of the most widely-used features of your technology just to make it difficult? Screw you, Shaw.

You sure? I don't. That's why I ordered Centre Ice. A lot of the Canuck games are offered but not all. Maybe you got a different package than me.

My remote has a 30 second advance button. I think it is actually the page up button that does it.

7 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

You sure? I don't. That's why I ordered Centre Ice. A lot of the Canuck games are offered but not all. Maybe you got a different package than me.

My remote has a 30 second advance button. I think it is actually the page up button that does it.

It's all of the Sportsnet channels. I seem to get all of the Canucks games on SN Pacific. However, I did notice if it's a game against Calgary or Edmonton, the recording doesn't work, because I need to watch it on SN West.

As for the page up button - thanks for the tip! I will try that ASAP.