The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to End the Bash Jake Comments

dpn1

30 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I just read the Hockey News article on Jake Virtanen and I am not sure how you all feel but it seems like the media is just making way too much of the thing now.  I admit to being a big Jake fan but it seems to just be getting stupid.  He is down there now and hopefully he will start to find the back of the soon.  I still feel his frustration is reasonable.  The coach, gm and prez didn't handle him well.  He needs to now shut up and put up the point.  Maybe the press will leave him alone then.

The press wont leave him alone. That's their job to stir the pot and they earn an honest living...

Jimbo, Treber and Willie are to blame for this BS. 

Less hate, more love on the forum in general please +1! 

12 minutes ago, Caknuckle Puck said:

I know thats true, but it seems like some fans get enjoyment out of him failing so they can say they were right about nylander ect.. 

I wish I could disagree with that, but it is quite true. The schadenfreude is quite high in a subset of our fanbase.

I like his potential and many of his on-ice qualities. He could end up being a huge asset. I just hope he can fix his entitlement behaviour. It's rare that NHLers exhibit the self-entitlement traits that he has, using the media in a way that damages the club. 

48 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Even if you think he didn't handle things well, what do you expect from a 20 year old kid.  Not everyone matures as quick as Bo did.

I expect him to know that a very small percentage of players make it to play in the NHL, so he should be letting his play and attitude on the ice do the talking instead of his mouth complaining about anything. Pat Quinn would have had him called up and stapled his ass to the pine for a game THEN send him back down. Jake got it light, like the rest of you millennials.

1 hour ago, dpn1 said:

I just read the Hockey News article on Jake Virtanen and I am not sure how you all feel but it seems like the media is just making way too much of the thing now.  I admit to being a big Jake fan but it seems to just be getting stupid.  He is down there now and hopefully he will start to find the back of the soon.  I still feel his frustration is reasonable.  The coach, gm and prez didn't handle him well.  He needs to now shut up and put up the point.  Maybe the press will leave him alone then.

If he's been given, and follows, good advice, he shouldn't be reading every piece of press about him nor following boards etc. so no matter how much noise there is, he shouldn't be paying attention. Talk to management about what's needed and if and when the press asks you questions, you give professional answers (even if the are stock substanceless ones). There is no benefit to him to follow news or get caught up in anything other than focusing on what his club is asking him to do.

46 minutes ago, Caknuckle Puck said:

I know thats true, but it seems like some fans get enjoyment out of him failing so they can say they were right about nylander ect.. 

I want him to do well and stay with us for a long long time... I hope he doesn't read too much media. I'm buying a Virtanen Jersey next year

No, I already made up my mind that Nylander was the better player before the draft, not because I can see the future but, we had the WJC to see what he can do before the draft and the one which this team actually needs, which was skill, which blew past people who think hitting some much entertaining than being creative.

Jake is only 6 inches away from being a good top 6 guy unfortunately that 6 inches is between his ears.has all the physical skills needed to succeed if he figures out the rest he will be as good as Kane if not better but cdc fans have reason for concern when you cannot make an impact in the minors. By the end of this year I think we can make an accurate assessment.

Archived