The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Martin Hanzal, Ryan White, 4th-round pick to Wild for Grayson Downing, 1st-round pick, 2nd-round pick, conditional pick

12 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Every trade thread that ever gets made on CDC inevitably features a "(Insert name of the current Canucks GM), do something!" comment. It didn't make sense back when I joined the forum and it still doesn't.

10 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I sure hope we land another 1st with the assets we have. Benning do something please

One way to look at this though is that Minny did this deal without giving up a prospect and it's the lowest 1st they've potentially ever had.

Hanzal slots in as 3C, behind Staal and Koivu, and White replaces Graovac as 4C.

Granlund-Koivu-Zucker

Parise-Staal-Niederreitter

Coyle-Hanzal-Pominville

Huala-White-Stewart

I'd say very little room for Hansen.

2 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

One of the problems is you can't make the other guy trade with you. Takes two to tango.

You can if you're Brian Burke. All he had to do was threaten to drag you out behind the barn to get what he wanted. 

lol

11 minutes ago, Odd. said:

That's insane.

Strome, Domi, Keller, Chychrun, DeAngelo, Duclair, Dvorak, Perlini, Crouse, Langhamer, etc. Potentially Patrick/Hischier, and another 1st round pick. 

And now that Minnesota's got Ryan White, Jannik Hansen is redundant. 

Will the Coyotes become next years leafs?

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

This works out in Vancouver's favour.  Hanzal was probably the first choice for a lot of teams and now he's gone.  Burrows is probably a third choice for a lot of teams, and with one piece out of the running, burrows' value goes up.

Teams are now looking at Minny and thinking they are the team to beat and will need to upgrade to keep pace.

Agreed, feel like this only has driven up the price for the UFA rentals...however because of Hansen's extra year term, might detract teams of paying high for fear of loss at the expansion draft.  If anything if a team trades for him. Hansen is likely just a rental for them.

9 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

1. Hansen and Hanzal are different players everyone relax.

2. Great return for coyotes

3. Wild are going all in this year so its not out of the question for them to make a move for one of our guys.

No more cap space left - Russo wrote earlier this week that their limit is max 3M.  They've also just signed Carter for depth (he's on waivers en route to the AHL).  

Looks like they are set.  Practice lines today were:

Niederreiter Staal Coyle

Zucker Koivu Granlund

Parise Haula Pominville

Stewart Dalpe Schroeder -----   Haula and Hanzal will be C3/C4 and Dalpe out of the lineup.

10 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

So to all those people saying Hansen won't get a 1st? 

Martin Hanzal just got a 1st. He has never had a 20 goal year and 1.5 million bigger cap hit. 

Feels like Dejavu with Bennington 9000 though....

Hey leave Jim alone. He doesn't work on weekends. 

If I was gm of this team I'm sure I'd put in much more hours than Jimbo. 

2 minutes ago, mll said:

No more cap space left - Russo wrote earlier this week that their limit is max 3M.  They've also just signed Carter for depth (he's on waivers en route to the AHL).  

Looks like they are set.  Practice lines today were:

Niederreiter Staal Coyle

Zucker Koivu Granlund

Parise Haula Pominville

Stewart Dalpe Schroeder -----   Haula and Hanzal will be C3/C4 and Dalpe out of the lineup.

Thats a filthy lineup. Maybe is we retained salary on Hansen and took on a contract? idk, unlikely but just thinking of possible ways

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Agreed, feel like this only has driven up the price for the UFA rentals...however because of Hansen's extra year term, might detract teams of paying high for fear of loss at the expansion draft.  If anything if a team trades for him. Hansen is likely just a rental for them.

I don't see a big market for non UFA's.  I think teams will go for UFA's first and over pay to get them before they are gone.

There's too many ripples from non-ufa deals, imo.  Sure, you could argue they can be looked upon as a rental, if they are willing to expose him, but what if LV doesnt pick him?  Most teams in play have cap issues, and it's a risk to make a move for a player that increases the complexity of their ED strategy.

I'm sure there will be some movement there, but I think their value is low at this deadline.  If they want to move Hansen, the off season or next deadline is the better move.

23 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

oh &^@# off. one way or another hanzal manages to &^@# our team over. lol.

Benning, you better not have &^@#ed up hansen's trade. 

How does this trade have anything to do with a Hansen trade? I don't get people. You hear a rumor and that's where X player is going for sure. Did it ever make sense to you at all that maybe MIN was focusing on Hanzal all along and maybe Hansen could have been an plan B, C, D or even further down the line? No instead lets' criticize the Canucks and management for F'ing up. No loyalty, no trust, no belief.

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Hanzal is a rental too.  

1 minute ago, hatedkid666 said:

Thats a filthy lineup. Maybe is we retained salary on Hansen and took on a contract? idk, unlikely but just thinking of possible ways

If you want one of there prized prospects creativity has to be key word (our former GM would have created some wizardry)

I will only hold out hope for 24 hours more as iron is hot now.

Archived