The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

33 minutes ago, sonoman said:

You don't want former Art Ross and Hart trophy winners, who consistently show up to camp in excellent shape mentoring our youngins?

I could not agree more the sedins are exemplary pros. All I am saying is I don't want this kid to be in ah of their soft purimitor play. Case in point it's almost like stetcher is in ah of edler , stetcher has a great game don't want him influenced by Edler any longer.

7 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

I am happy to see this trade has talked some CDC posters off the ledge and back into the fold .... for now lol. 

I honestly  was questioning this franchise and delaying a much needed youth injection last night.

Benning has a plan good to see ownership and most fans getting behind the long overdue rebuild.

Time to focus on the future sentimental feelings aside lets all stop living in the past its not 2011.

Its time for new players and the millenials to take over.

maybe acquiring a player like Dahlen of his calibre will help jumpstart Jake's career. heck maybe he can help Jake scoring goals again and with a top 5 pick yet again this year if we end up getting Hischier if we win the lottery then this team will be scary to watch. I'm excited about the future and kudos to Benning for making it happen. I have his back again

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That article is a little harsh to say Burrows doesn't help them now.

Wait till Burrows takes his first PK duties, then fans will understand what he brings.

I'm not agreeing with him, just that the immediate and profuse butthurt is finally being felt by someone else for a change!

Van fans know what Alex Burrows brings to a team and now the Sens will too. His iron will can calm a bench down so that focus is maintained. He will lead as he has done in Van and never think that his old coach did not hammer that home with the Sens brass.

Good luck to a long time Canuck who gave his best for this team and will always be remembered that way. Posters who are bad mouthing Alex burrows for their perceived moment of fame should hand their heads. Perhaps strap some skates on and do a few hours of skating to bring reality back into your lives. Good luck Alex and now I have a reason to watch the CUP this year. 

6 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Ohhhhhh he's getting warmed up....he's on a role....

With Hanzal and Boyle gone, hope there is a nice package for Sutter on the table.

Hansen and Miller are next

Wish Edler would go too.

C'mon Bergevin....make us an offer

"On a role..." ?

Perhaps that role the pretty young pickpocket-lass(cameron Diaz? forget) from 'Gangs Of NY'

Nice role indeed.

Archived