The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

Big Mac having a huge game

Having centre/wing hybrid players are so big now a days.

Could see MacEwen being in all situations guy for us.  He can be a faceoff guy, grind on the wing, bring some grit, score, play the PK, and be a net front presence on the PP.

Could very well be our best all around prospect.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

So you think Sutter and Granny would be average on the AHL?

I think Gaudette brings as much overall as Sutter and is only going to get better... but MacEwen would bring more of what this team needs than Granny can provide.

So overall...at least within the time frame of the rest of this season I think trading Sutter and Granny for picks or prospects and bringing those 2 up would make our future better and not hurt our playoff chances.

AND by the way I called MacEwen getting the NHL after his first prospects game 2 years ago and I think I said he would get a shot this year ( his 2nd pro year) ...I seem to have been right again...!

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I think Gaudette brings as much overall as Sutter and is only going to get better... but MacEwen would bring more of what this team needs than Granny can provide.

So overall...at least within the time frame of the rest of this season I think trading Sutter and Granny for picks or prospects and bringing those 2 up would make our future better and not hurt our playoff chances.

I love both Gaudette and Mac, but to say they will be more effective than established, proven NHL players is a little ridiculous.  

AG showed well in his time in Van and I'm sure Mac would too.  But, it was clear that AG couldn't nearly do what Sutter does, yet.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, stawns said:

I love both Gaudette and Mac, but to say they will be more effective than established, proven NHL players is a little ridiculous.  

AG showed well in his time in Van and I'm sure Mac would too.  But, it was clear that AG couldn't nearly do what Sutter does, yet.

That's a word I hear a lot...until I am proven right....

Just watch...!

10 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Buddy that knows Zac said he heard he was called up?? Nothing on website and we would have to send someone down..

Maybe schaller?????? Think some team might give us a 6th rounder for Schaller??

10 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Buddy that knows Zac said he heard he was called up?? Nothing on website and we would have to send someone down..

Maybe schaller?????? Think some team might give us a 6th rounder for Schaller??

if baertschi is going to be out longer, there is no need to send someone down. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

The word in Utica is that the Big Fella got the call last night after the game.  Expect to see an official call up announcement if what I heard is correct.  

Your rock Solid ...  can you skate?  You deserve a PTO at least ;) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

The Canucks only had 22 on the active roster last night. Big Mac gets them back to 23.   Baertschi, Edler and Demko all on IR and only Brisebois and DiPietro were up to replace them.

Thanks, that makes sense. Green didn't/doesn't sound to happy with Granlunds' game, judging by the comments from the post game interview. Fingers crossed, I hope he gets a game, and hopefully its tomorrow night, I've got tickets for the Sharks game.

Mac is even more NHL ready than Gaudette imo.

Green is gonna have a real hard time sending him back down methinks.

Dude has size, hands, and work ethic. Been waiting all year to see him come up.

Granlund should be shaking in his boots.

Edited by nergish
  • Upvote 2