The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks interested in Darren Radysh

I'm kinda iffy about it. I mean we just signed a pair of overagers in Chatfield/McEwen, the former of which is a defenseman. We're losing the Aces next year, so I can't imagine that Utica can hold all of these overagers. As well, wouldn't signing Raddysh limit our ability to sign drafted guys like Neil/Olson? Keep in mind Brisebois can turn pro next season as well.

I guess a free prospect is a free prospect, but it's time to start weighing the opportunity cost in terms of contract numbers. 

21 minutes ago, Zoolander said:

Those are insane numbers this year from a defenceman. Fox was just dp'ing Connor when he played in Erie..

He still plays on a team with Alex Debrincat (127pts in 63 games), Taylor Raddysh (his brother 109pts in 58 games), and Dylan Strome (75pts in 35 games), so definitely no slouches in their own regards.

32 minutes ago, Zoolander said:

Those are insane numbers this year from a defenceman. Fox was just dp'ing Connor when he played in Erie..

Erie was an absolute juggernaut offensively this season.   You don't think his stats are padded at all?  His stats are just ok before he was an overager.  Not saying he's terrible,  but definitely inflated stats.

I think if the idea is to restock Utica a bit and see if there's real potential, OK. A lot of folks didn't like the idea of trying out Bear and Granny either up here, but they've turned out to be actual top 9 guys. So a few of these in Utica can't hurt, considering there is probably going to be some turnover there. 

7 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I think if the idea is to restock Utica a bit and see if there's real potential, OK. A lot of folks didn't like the idea of trying out Bear and Granny either up here, but they've turned out to be actual top 9 guys. So a few of these in Utica can't hurt, considering there is probably going to be some turnover there. 

Decent numbers with some size.  Seems you can't have too many right-handed D-men as well

Looks like Utica will have a lot of free agents this year and needs to be restocked so he's worth looking at but his stats have been good for the last couple years as well so it makes one wonder why no one has drafted him.

Ill be surprised if a lot of these guys don't sign in Vegas. That is a prime place to go right now with opportunity. Hope we get one or two more free prospects this summer and trade one or two D from our back end to make room. Hutton and and Edler or Sbisa traded this summer makes a lot of sense.

Tryamkin-Stetcher

Juolevi-Tanev

Edler/Sbisa-Gudbranson_____top 6 not necessarily in that order.

Biega-Pedan

Mceneny-Subban

Brisebois-Sautner

Cederholm...Neill,Olson,Chatfield...

3 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I'm kinda iffy about it. I mean we just signed a pair of overagers in Chatfield/McEwen, the former of which is a defenseman. We're losing the Aces next year, so I can't imagine that Utica can hold all of these overagers. As well, wouldn't signing Raddysh limit our ability to sign drafted guys like Neil/Olson? Keep in mind Brisebois can turn pro next season as well.

I guess a free prospect is a free prospect, but it's time to start weighing the opportunity cost in terms of contract numbers. 

It comes down to whether the management feels he has a better shot as success than Neill IMO. 

With Neill's skating deficiencies it wouldn't surprise me if we don't sign him.

And, as far as opportunity cost, if it's a choice between the two then there is nothing lost. Can't get hung up on a kid just because we drafted him if we find someone we like more.

Archived