The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jack Eichel won't re-sign with Sabres if Dan Bylsma remains head coach

Well then... I guess the Sabres have a big decision on their hands here. I heard there was turmoil between the players and Bylsma, but I don't think anyone outside the organization thought it was this bad. I can't see the Sabres keeping Byslma, no way the Sabres are going to let a player like Eichel just walk away. 

Edit: Unless something changes between now and then

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

:frantic:who do we have to trade!

Bad news for BUF to be sure. People complain a lot about Linden and Benning but the culture is good here, imagine if this was Bo saying this.

Eichel has that franchise by the balls. He is a future top 10 player and knows his worth to the franchise.

13 minutes ago, Toews said:

Eichel has that franchise by the balls. He is a future top 10 player and knows his worth to the franchise.

I just wonder how Murray feels about being publicly given an ultimatum by a 20 year old? If this was Virtanen - granted he's a tier below JE - I would think Benning would find him a new home pretty quick. If it was Bo... sheesh, that's a tough one. Doesn't it open the door for other guys to make demands?

And is he really that bad of a coach? Seems to me we'd probably give him a solid look if he was on the market. 

Wonder how it got to the point of Jack making an ultimatum like this.

Regardless it'd be an interesting off-season on CDC if this gains any momentum at all.  Pretty sure it's highly unlikely but if their management sticks with Bylsma there will be no shortage of teams lining up for him.

Short of 1st round picks and probably Stecher and Horvat mixed in somehow, I don't see us pulling this off but would love it if J.B. would at least give it a shot to land a young, dynamic, game-breaking center.  He's someone the team can build around and it'd be worth it to move even blue-chip assets for someone like him.

It definitely says a lot about Eichel. We all know how tough and how much we can hate our coach at times. Especially dealing with a history of losing. However your coach is always your superior and when your the age that Jack is, you should treat your coach with respect and not think that you know better than them.

Ask Crosby what he thinks about Bylsma. 

16 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Wonder how it got to the point of Jack making an ultimatum like this.

Regardless it'd be an interesting off-season on CDC if this gains any momentum at all.  Pretty sure it's highly unlikely but if their management sticks with Bylsma there will be no shortage of teams lining up for him.

Short of 1st round picks and probably Stecher and Horvat mixed in somehow, I don't see us pulling this off but would love it if J.B. would at least give it a shot to land a young, dynamic, game-breaking center.  He's someone the team can build around and it'd be worth it to move even blue-chip assets for someone like him.

I love Horvat and I'm sure our top 5 pick this year will be great, but Eichel is on another level. That said, there should be no way Buffalo lets him walk this year. I would not be surprised at all to see him push 90-95 points next year. 

Murray didn't exactly support Bylsma at the end of the season.  He simply said there weren't plans for now to change coach.

Murray also felt that Bylsma has not really connected with his players saying that he needs to get to know them more - that's it's about coaching individuals.

Archived