• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.
Canucks1000

(Speculation) Cody Franson on TSN1040

Give him the same money and term that Tryamkin got in Russia. Once the contract is up, bring Tryamkin back. 

Not interested. Loved him as a Giant, don't want him as a Canuck. He'd be a whipping boy in no time.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

If we're going for hometown boys, I'd rather bring Alzner home though.

Alzner would be a solid addition to our D but he'd literally cost you double Franson and he'd demand long-term contract with NMC/NTC I'm assuming at this point in his career.  He's good, but no way he's twice as good as Franson. 

I'd consider Alzner on a big contract perhaps, but only if one (or both) of Edler/Tanev are shipped out for some youth/picks.  Otherwise it would make little sense for us to be playing Edler/Tanev/Alzner 1/3 of the minutes every game while the 4-5 younger guys split the remainder of the minutes. 

16 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

if tanev gets traded and sbisa picked up by vegas, i can see it happening..

If Tanev gets traded then Sbisa won't have to be exposed. That's the whole point. 

1 hour ago, GiveEmTheCan said:

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Stetcher - Franson

looks solid and gives OJ time to develop

Sign him up already. :)

All for it.

Guy is a solid bottom pair defence man and could end up putting up 30 points.  Great stop gap replacement for when we inevitably lose one of our D in the next couple weeks.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canucks1000 said:

Not the worst d-core I've seen. Doesn't fix the problem of offence on the back-end though when you look at it. Would give OJ another year to develop though.

About 4 of them blokes have pretty heavy shots.

Another bonus is our fringe-youth could further develop on the farm.

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If we're going for hometown boys, I'd rather bring Alzner home though.

I'd take either! Hey... maybe we get lucky and land Price next year! 

Really hope Jimbo moves one of our dman prior to the draft... Losing Sbeezus for nothing would hurt. 

Trade 1 guy ... sign Franson or Alzner... 

Asset management. 

Edler Stecher

Alzner Gudbranson

Hutton Franson

Definitely adds more size to the D core.

I hope stech bulked up over the summer..

Maybe some boxing lessons too, he was a target last year for sure. 

We just don't need to have our guys beat on because of their size but jb it seems is trying to match a big stay at home guy with smaller offensively minded guys who can join the rush and add some more goals.

Edler Stecher

Alzner Gudbranson

Hutton Franson

Definitely adds more size to the D core.

Jesus Christ, stay the **** away from Alzner.

Franson would be a good pick-up though. Underrated effectiveness, just needs to be sheltered because good forwards will expose him defensively.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, apollo said:

I'd take either! Hey... maybe we get lucky and land Price next year! 

Really hope Jimbo moves one of our dman prior to the draft... Losing Sbeezus for nothing would hurt. 

Trade 1 guy ... sign Franson or Alzner... 

Asset management. 

I agree but then there's something a lot most fans forget thinking sbisa is gone for sure because vegas has a salary cap too and sbisa's contract  isn't exactly chump change. I'm patiently waiting to see where it goes since it will have an effect on us being the LAST thing we need during a re-build.

3 hours ago, k_man08 said:

adding size is one thing.. i would like us to add mobility to our D-core more though.

With offense drying up on the Forwards end, i'd like our D to be able to score some timely goals in PP/help move pucks out to our Fwds so they can maybe score. Franson isn't really all that great. Maybe as a 6/7th D.

sir you can get bigger mobile dmen, just because your big it doesn't mean you can't be a really fast skater, it just takes work. Bo for example, he improved his skating a lot!  

We do need bigger, faster, and skilled guys but at forward not defence anyway except maybe one but certainly mobile is possible with size. usually comes with a price or through development but we can only wish and hopefully jb can do something once the sedins are gone or cuts in pay...  miller as well...

adding size is one thing.. i would like us to add mobility to our D-core more though.

With offense drying up on the Forwards end, i'd like our D to be able to score some timely goals in PP/help move pucks out to our Fwds so they can maybe score. Franson isn't really all that great. Maybe as a 6/7th D.

sir you can get bigger mobile dmen, just because your big it doesn't mean you can't be a really fast skater, it just takes work. Bo for example, he improved his skating a lot!  

We do need bigger, faster, and skilled guys but at forward not defence anyway except maybe one but certainly mobile is possible with size. usually comes with a price or through development but we can only wish and hopefully jb can do something once the sedins are gone or cuts in pay...  miller as well...

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

He'd be perfect to cover for the loss of Tanev...Go get him Jimbo!!!!

You're really driving the bus on Tanev out of town eh @Alflives ::D

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Salmonberries said:

You're really driving the bus on Tanev out of town eh @Alflives ::D

Driving the "scooter".  Hope on!  :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

Jesus Christ, stay the **** away from Alzner.

Franson would be a good pick-up though. Underrated effectiveness, just needs to be sheltered because good forwards will expose him defensively.

Yes. No thank you please to Karl Alzner.

Bad situation for that here right now.

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

You do realize Franson and Bo have a very big age difference. Bo also has a much higher ceiling than Franson. at this point Franson is who he is.. he won't be getting any better so it would be foolish to think if he tries, he'll be faster.

I rather give the roster spot to one of our prospects to see what they got if we can't get someone from available UFAs. If franson comes dirt cheap (1 - 2 Million per year) then great. else i'm not interested personally.