The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should we take Liljegren?

Hortankin

Liljegren  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would the team trade Tanev for Lilegren ?  (Buff ?)

IMO would be great to walk away from this draft with Glass at 5 and Lilegren at 8.

We're gonna suck again next year, so try to turn Edler Plus into another 1st rounder and the top prospect pool gets a little more interesting.

Horvat/Boeser/Demko/Juolevi/Virt ?/Dahlen/Goldie/

Glass/Lilegren...and 2 more 2018's

would give us 10-11 guys of similar age  to take a run with.

So many questions and so much parity in talent makes for one the most entertaining drafts years.  It's anyone's guess.  This is the draft that makes or breaks JB's reputation as a drafting guru.  It is conceivable that the player picked 5 could be the best player of the draft.  

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

lol

Unless if you have some crystal ball or some insider knowledge, you can't "guarantee" anything. No one can. So many people use that word on these forums to make them sound more "legit" than they really are. Please don't be one of those.

I'm not going to say if you're right or wrong, but come on. Don't pretend you know the future.

I used it as more of me being very confident in myself. But any actual hockey fan really into the draft this year should know.

6 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Keep dreaming, the guy left quick and appeared to be pissed as well. Something between him and management soured and it wasn't Willie.

What makes you think it wasn't the guy that played Larsen and Biega over him?

29 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

I used it as more of me being very confident in myself. But any actual hockey fan really into the draft this year should know.

Just don't mistake confidence with cockiness. One is good to have. The other can put you in undesirable situations in life. ;)

I prefer the idea of a top center, but I wouldn't be devastated with a defenseman. That said, where I previous had Liljegren as my #4 player within our grasp (after the three centers), I now have Heiskanen above him. Even Makar might be a better pick. All that said, I think all three defensemen are pretty close so I'd be okay with Liljegren. 

Absolutely, I think we should.  Great skater, was discussed as top pick in draft last year but Mono dropped his stock.  Perfect complement to OJ.  D takes longer to develop.  

Impossible to get top flight puck moving, PP running D-man.  They don't come to market, rarely traded, no one gives them up.  Benning seems to think he is the next Karlsson.

I will take the top tear of Defence over the second tear of centre.  That being said we really need a centre.  To me though when the 3-7 centre are essentially equivalent and much less regarded than 1-2 we are probably better taking the D.

This team has never had a great #1 D man and if this guy has a chance than I would absolutely take him.  Having OJ and him to build around is great and we will be picking high again next year.

Won't be upset if we get centre though but worry about some of the second group.

I'd love to add Liljegren and Glass. Not sure how Benning would pull that off, unless he makes a trade. Perhaps Hutton, the #33 and #55 to BUF for the #8. They get a good young LHD and 2 extra 2nd rounders. The #33 is practically a late 1st, sort of. But the rebuild will almost be complete.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Dahlen - Glass - Goldobin

Granlund - Gaudette - Virtanen

? - ? - ?

Juolevi - Liljegren

Brisebois - Stecher

? - Gudbranson

Chatfield

Markstrom

Demko

I think we'll take Glass if he's still there but I'd be fine with Liljegrin too.

Ideally we get another 5-10 pick and grab both.

IMO, Heiskanen is the most ready/safest D, not the 'best'. He may very well go first (especially to DAL if they don't move #3) though.

We need a center it's pretty simple... We have Horvat and? ......... Yeah we have nothing in the pipeline. 

We have Subban and Juolevi are in the works so we have prospects at D.

We need a Number 1 or 2 Center badly. Horvat might develop into one but either way we need to pick the best Center this year.

Vilardi sounds more physically and mentally mature but sounds like a wash between him and Glass.

I've never seen them play... Both sound good, Vilardi sounds a bit better overall but Glass sounds like the faster player BUT he is only 179 lbs...

18 hours ago, J.R. said:

I think we'll take Glass if he's still there but I'd be fine with Liljegrin too.

Ideally we get another 5-10 pick and grab both.

IMO, Heiskanen is the most ready/safest D, not the 'best'. He may very well go first (especially to DAL if they don't move #3) though.

We are 99% not likely to add another top 10. 

Archived