The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

TSN (Toronto sports network) will probably try and sell to viewers how the Canucks messed up and missed out on Glass just like when he was drafted "off the board bla bla bla" even though their beloved Nylander had .77 ppg and Elias had .95

looking back now at what they said during the draft just shows me how dumb and biased those guys are.  they should just go back home and put a leafs jersey on.

Fantastic pick JB I can't wait till Elias steals all of Nylander's highlight slots

Chances of us having another bad season are pretty good so we may end up with one of the top picks in next years draft

1. Rasmus Dahlin - puck moving right defenceman. Off the charts skating and hockey IQ. Exactly what we need

2. Andrei Svechnikov - 1st line RW. Size, passing, clean shot, compete, skating

3. Brady Tkachuk - top 6 C/ LW. Size, grit, agitator, skill, compete, 

Adding a guy like Brady Tkachuk to our top line would give us that playoff edge we need 

Tkachuk Horvat Boesser 

Dahlen Pettersson Gadjovich

Granlund Lind Virtanen

MacEwan Gaudette Lockwood

I think a big body like Gadjovich along side the two Sweeds would be a plus. Their excellent skating would compensate for his slow skating plus he can plunk himself in front of the net. 

Captain Bo will lead this team on the first line and rightly so

A third line of Granlund Lund and Virtanen has a nice mix of speed, size, skill, playmaking, forechecking, and shooting

4th line of big Zach MacEwan, Adam Gaudette, and Will Lockwood provides us with size, fighting, skill, speed, forechecking, and playmaking, 

Add in more late round Defence picks and I am really starting to like the way this team is shaping up!!

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

It's not over exaggeration 

It's our timeline to be competitive.

4 years is PERFECT for him.  That doesn't make people clueless.  It means they're looking down the road.

No need to rush anything 

I think he'll be closer to 3 years away, but like you said if he's ready in 3-4 years that's perfect for our timeline. All I know for sure is I can't wait to see him on the big team when he's developed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

I think he'll be closer to 3 years away, but like you said if he's ready in 3-4 years that's perfect for our timeline. All I know for sure is I can't wait to see him on the big team when he's developed.

I think he'll closer to 2.  As a Euro, he has the option of playing in the AHL as soon as he's ready.  If he plays in the SHL next season, he'll almost certainly be in Utica as a 19 year old, whereas Glass, Vilardi et al will still, almost certainly, be in Jr.  By the time Glass is AHL eligible, Pettersson will have two seasons of high level pro hockey in his back pocket.

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

I think he'll closer to 2.  As a Euro, he has the option of playing in the AHL as soon as he's ready.  If he plays in the SHL next season, he'll almost certainly be in Utica as a 19 year old, whereas Glass, Vilardi et al will still, almost certainly, be in Jr.  By the time Glass is AHL eligible, Pettersson will have two seasons of high level pro hockey in his back pocket.

That's what I was hoping for 1 year in the SHL, followed by 1 with Utica, and then hopefully he could make the team out of training camp the next year or split the year with us and Utica.

1 minute ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

That's what I was hoping for 1 year in the SHL, followed by 1 with Utica, and then hopefully he could make the team out of training camp the next year or split the year with us and Utica.

I do think people here tend to overstate the length of time it takes high end prospects to make the jump. While I certainly wouldn't want to rush him if he's not ready, I don't think him playing the full year in the SHL, followed by a year in Utica, possibly with a call-up at the end of the season, followed by him making the team out of training camp the next season is so unrealistic. 2 years is more than enough time to gain 20-25 pounds of muscle/bulk.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I do think people here tend to overstate the length of time it takes high end prospects to make the jump. While I certainly wouldn't want to rush him if he's not ready, I don't think him playing the full year in the SHL, followed by a year in Utica, possibly with a call-up at the end of the season, followed by him making the team out of training camp the next season is so unrealistic. 2 years is more than enough time to gain 20-25 pounds of muscle/bulk.

Yeah I think that would be more than enough time for him to be ready to make the jump by 2019-2020, and it'd line up well with the rest of the young guys

1 minute ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

Wasn't it stated he won't be playing in the youngstars tourney because his season in Sweden would be getting started?

Yup.  I think JB said Pettersson will be at prospects camp next week, but the heads back to Sweden for his team there.

2 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Haha if we're getting that specific I'll say full back. Speed, explosiveness, offensive/defensive awareness, amazing hair ::D

Psh, everyone knows amazing hair is a center... But seriously, hooker isn't where I'd think of him playing at 6'2" and pretty much any weight. He'll hopefully be strong and a little lanky to go along with all that skill. Add to that hopefully a strong base in his legs and he'll be a force.

• Upvote 1