Sign in to follow this  
Tomato Pajamas

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

On 2018-04-27 at 8:10 AM, Mackcanuck said:

Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports 3m3 minutes ago

Diamond also represents #Canucks prospect Petrus Palmu. Talks have started to get Palmu out of his contract with TPS in Finland to sign with the #Canucks.

I really hope we get him over here.

This kids got all the talent in the world and could be something really special here. 

It would be really good for his development to get him back onto the smaller ice surface against pros in the "A".

Could see him panning out as a left winger on Horvat's line.

Your 2017-18 Liiga rookie of the year, everyone:

Looks like someone just beat me to it.

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Like 2

Just now, Brad Marchand said:

Wow! Congrats Palmu! :) 

Well deserved IMO as he clearly had the most impressive season among the Liiga rookies. 

1 minute ago, Brad Marchand said:

Looks like someone just beat me to it.

Just barely ;)

Great year for our prospects! In Benning we trust!

wow

honestly, it doesn't even seem real

• Hydration 2

7 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Wow! Congrats Palmu! :) 

Well deserved IMO as he clearly had the most impressive season among the Liiga rookies. 

I think most of us would have been thrilled with one award for one of the prospects.  What's happened this season feels too good to be true

• Upvote 3

Full breakdown is on Liiga.fi:

http://liiga.fi/uutiset/2018/05/02/liiga-palkitsi-kauden-201718-parhaat-tassa-palkittujen-lista

Looks like Palmu beat Kotkaniemi 308-127, with 52 first place votes to Kotkaniemi’s 10. Olli Juolevi (86) actually finished 4th in the voting (points based on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd votes), and with 8 first place votes (3rd most).

Juolevi also finished 16th (3 voting points) in the best defender caregory (won by Heiskanen with 197).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Full breakdown is on Liiga.fi:

http://liiga.fi/uutiset/2018/05/02/liiga-palkitsi-kauden-201718-parhaat-tassa-palkittujen-lista

Looks like Palmu beat Kotkaniemi 308-127, with 52 first place votes to Kotkaniemi’s 10. Olli Juolevi (86) actually finished 4th in the voting, and with 8 first place votes (3rd most).

Juolevi also finished 16th (3 votes) in the best defender caregory (won by Heiskanen with 197).

Didn't Phillip Larsen win one of those Euro league's top defender award too?  I think OJ's game will transfer to the NHL, where Hiskanen's won't.

Palmu is going to become a top nine guy for us.  He's got bite to him too.

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Philip Larsen? I think he won Danish defenseman of the year in 13/14. ;) 

He was also the top scoring D in KHL this past year.

As for Heiskanen, I think he’s gonna be really good in the NHL. But you could be right, and his skills might fail to translate. I don’t really see it happening but I don’t have a crystal ball.

In any case, I don’t really care too much about Juolevi vs Heiskanen. I know some people want OJ to be the better of those two. Maybe he will be, but I’m not betting on it at this point. And that’s fine by me.

I just want OJ to be good for us. I’m not too interested in what other teams’ prospects accomplish (other than more stars making a better NHL product). Heiskanen can be a perennial Norris winner and that still won’t affect my feelings on Juolevi. I think he’s gonna be really for Vancouver.

At the end of the day, that's really what matters. It's irrelevant to compare prospects, because each team is in a different situation.

Edited by Qwags
  • Hydration 2

Do they have a prospect pool rank? I’m curious to where we sit, we got to be number 1 for goalies and gotta be a top 5 for forwards ,overall we must be a top 5 prospect pool in the nhl 

3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Add this to your list!

I'm gonna put all this s**t in my pipe and i'm gonna smoke it...plus drink a beer to it as well :) 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Didn't Phillip Larsen win one of those Euro league's top defender award too?  I think OJ's game will transfer to the NHL, where Hiskanen's won't.

Palmu is going to become a top nine guy for us.  He's got bite to him too.

I don't know why you would say that Alf.  The kid has played exceptionally well this year and has deservedly won the best defence man in his league.  At 18yrs old!  I believe he was JB's top choice in the '17 draft.  Fortunately for us, JB regrouped and picked Pettersson!:)

22 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I don't know why you would say that Alf.  The kid has played exceptionally well this year and has deservedly won the best defence man in his league.  At 18yrs old!  I believe he was JB's top choice in the '17 draft.  Fortunately for us, JB regrouped and picked Pettersson!:)

Yeah, Heiskanen just won the Liiga version of the Norris. He's the youngest player to ever do so. 

7 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Yeah, Heiskanen just won the Liiga version of the Norris. He's the youngest player to ever do so. 

Number of Finnish players to win the actual Norris = 0

Not saying he won't be a great player but that's hardly an impressive list of winners. Best player to win best Liiga defenseman was Rafalski, and he was 25 when he did it. Then there's Vatanen but beyond that there's no one.

36 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Number of Finnish players to win the actual Norris = 0

Not saying he won't be a great player but that's hardly an impressive list of winners. Best player to win best Liiga defenseman was Rafalski, and he was 25 when he did it. Then there's Vatanen but beyond that there's no one.

Exactly.  Kid is too light to have D game transfer.  So glad we don’t have him, so we have to watch him bustaroo.  Stars suck (is that his team?) and this kid is a Euro player just like Nuke.  How many here loved Nuke?  Where is he now?  That’s two top picks wasted by Dallas.

Is there a Dallas board?