The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

How much does Gudreau weigh?  How about Ehlers?  There is a growing number of lighter guys in the league now, who play on the outside racking up assists.  Maybe Palmu could fill that role with us?

With respect Alf I don't think he can be compared ability wise to either. Where were these two drafted?

12 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

His size is not opinion, and you've been panicking over him before there was any carrying-away.  His "general size" is fire hydrant-like.  Yet in the 2018 draft thread...

There is only about 3lbs and 2" difference (if you believe Shink is 5'-10":mellow:

I'm not "panicking" at all, I am giving an opinion. I sincerely hope he makes it and is a "big"player for us. :P

It is you guys getting your knickers in a twist just because I am being a tad more realistic.

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

How much does Gudreau weigh?  How about Ehlers?  There is a growing number of lighter guys in the league now, who play on the outside racking up assists.  Maybe Palmu could fill that role with us?

different skill sets but good point. Little Johnny was picked at 104 Palmu at 181, both were long odds to even get an ELC. At 5-7 180 he actually might be a pain in the butt to deal with. 

8 hours ago, alfstonker said:

There is only about 3lbs and 2" difference (if you believe Shink is 5'-10":mellow:

I'm not "panicking" at all, I am giving an opinion. I sincerely hope he makes it and is a "big"player for us. :P

It is you guys getting your knickers in a twist just because I am being a tad more realistic.

Er, no.  It is response to your 5thLine Virtanen-style freaking out over him because he's, in your opinion, "too small" and that it will destroy the team to potentially have him on it.  The irony of course is your pimping of Denisenko in the draft thread.  Seems he's becoming your new Kassian or something.

• Like 1

Sign him.  That little cannon ball is going to bring a lot of excitement to the Comets team.  He has a low centre of gravity (obviously) and he is strong on his skates.  It will be great to see he and Jonah Gadjovich reunited. Go Petrus!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, stawns said:

It's pretty clear to me that Palmu is a player.  HIs short stature and solid core is actually a benefit to him, not a hinderance.  When you watch video of him, he is very hard to knock off the puck and he uses that thick to his advantage while protecting the puck.  Surprisingly, he maintains the agility and quickness of a smaller player, and I don't think anyone can question his heart or his work ethic.  He's a very enticing, interesting prospect and I'm pumped to see him in Utica.  I have zero issue with him getting a 3 year ELC.  

I caught notice of Petrus maybe a month before the 2017 draft. His point totals were eye-popping, but his skills were too.

He hasn’t shown any sign that he WON’T be a player at this point.

Height means little when you have mass.

I’m unconvinced he’s not still an option to play with Pettersson one day. Maybe + Gadjovich?

Edited by nergish
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/4/2018 at 1:45 AM, alfstonker said:

With respect Alf I don't think he can be compared ability wise to either. Where were these two drafted?

The smurf was a 4th round steal. 113OA
Ehlers was available where we took Virtanen and went 3 picks later.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hopefully he can make the transition to the NA pro game well and contribute offensively right away.

Gonna take a while for a lot of the young players joining next year to find their feet.

the guy played three seasons in the ohl  previous of joining turka, what doesn't he know already about north American ice. lol

Edited by Canuck-91
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canuck-91 said:

the guy played three seasons in the ohl  previous of joining turka, what doesn't he know already about north American ice. lol

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hopefully he can make the transition to the NA pro game well and contribute offensively right away.

Gonna take a while for a lot of the young players joining next year to find their feet.

• Thanks 1

Nice to see Palmu signed.

So now with adding wingers Palmu, Jasek, Lind and Dahlen, all presumably for Utica next year, can we add a center?  That was Utica's weakest position last year.  Looks to be the same this year.