The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Ryan Miller could possibly sign with Anaheim

-AJ-

1 hour ago, b3. said:

As expected.

Benning is going to be heartbroken.

This needed to happen for his own good.

Sometimes Benning makes some short sighted decisions like this. Miller is the only reason why we weren't dead last in the league last season and will likely be the reason why we wouldn't finish dead last this upcoming season.

Until Demko/Diepetro (or some other young stud goalie) are ready to take the reigns this team isn't and shouldn't be in a position to sign goalies like Miller.

Just now, -AJ- said:

In my mind, and the mind of many CDC users, Miller deserved the Cyclone Taylor trophy this season as Vancouver's MVP. His numbers were less than stellar, but that certainly wasn't his fault. He stole several games for us and our defense was much more often at fault than Miller.

Given our team obviously, he was good and inconsistent but wouldn't call it stellar.  Stellar in my mind is a goalie who can probably get a bad/average team into the playoffs on their back like Lu in 07.

Just now, JV77 said:

Given our team obviously, he was good and inconsistent but wouldn't call it stellar.  Stellar in my mind is a goalie who can probably get a bad/average team into the playoffs on their back like Lu in 07.

Well I can certainly agree that he's a far cry from Lu's glory days. I'd put Miller at a middle-of-the-pack goaltending level last year. Better than his stats showed at least.

4 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Better weather....yep

Cheaper real estate....yep

Better tax rate....check mate

Sorry mate but the players in California State are among the most heavily taxed in the NHL. The top US personal tax rate is almost as high as Canada and California State taxes are close to the highest in the US

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

In my mind, and the mind of many CDC users, Miller deserved the Cyclone Taylor trophy this season as Vancouver's MVP. His numbers were less than stellar, but that certainly wasn't his fault. He stole several games for us and our defense was much more often at fault than Miller.

...and for standing up for his teammates.

vancouver-canucks-goalie-ryan-miller-30-

1 hour ago, JV77 said:

??  I guess our goaltending standards have gone down as well with team standards after having Luongo and Schneider.

I've never seen Miller let in 8 like Roberto did in Boston. 

Schneider can go from looking all world to looking like a deer in the headlights. 

Miller made some outrageous saves that were all talent, zero chance. And he stood up for Stecher. He was a leader here. 

I, for one, truly appreciate Ryan's time here because of all he brought. He made a great impression on Markstrom. 

This is the best possible outcome. Benning's probably kinda choked but sees it for what it is. 

8 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because they've dominated us for so long? I also hate their horrible goal horn haha. The TV quality in Anaheim kind of sucks too...there's just nothing good about playing Anaheim!

Besides Kesler being in the team the crowd look so empty despite being an elite team and the fans booing the wrong Schultz 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

This needed to happen for his own good.

Sometimes Benning makes some short sighted decisions like this. Miller is the only reason why we weren't dead last in the league last season and will likely be the reason why we wouldn't finish dead last this upcoming season.

Until Demko/Diepetro (or some other young stud goalie) are ready to take the reigns this team isn't and shouldn't be in a position to sign goalies like Miller.

The Canucks were going to lose games anyways, at least with Miller he almost always gave thema  fighting chance night in night out. 

6 hours ago, 1970 and beyond said:

Have Vancouver offered/or will they offer him anything. Is this a case of if he signs elsewhere, Vancouver goes oh geeze now what? I like what Miller did here. Hopefully he ends up with a contender.

Only speculation that the Canucks made a similar offer to what the Ducks have.  That is $1M + performance bonuses.

5 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I appreciate what Miller did for us.

Agreed.

There is almost no upside for Miller in Van. The NHL is flooded with tenders looking for homes. JB would have been crazy to give him more than a 1 year deal and ANA provides a better family setting. 

Markstrom is the future and he should be playing 60 games this year. 

Archived