The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, smithers joe said:

according to cdc, they want benning to get rid of, vanek,the sedins,gagner,ericksson, edler, tanev, hutton, gudbranson,gaunce, dowd, boucher, sutter and our 2 goaltenders. who takes their place on the roster?

Petersson, Dahlen, Gadjovich, Gaudette, Lockwood, Archibald, Dahlin, Joulevi, Chatfield

Dahlen-Petersson-Boeser

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Gadjovich-Gaudette-Lockwood

Archibald-UFA-Reeves (trade)

Dahlin-Joulevi

Stecher-Delzotto

Chatfield-Pouliot

Biega, Polak

Demko

UFA

it wouldn't look that bad to be honest. I mean how much worse can Chatfield be compared to Hutton and Joulevi would just be an improvement over Edler. Dahlin is Dahlin assuming if we won the lottery.

30 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

The future is so bright, soon we will be as excited as the Oilers fans!

we have Boeser, Petersson, Horvat, Demko and Joulevi without even drafting top 3. Just imagine how good we would be if we did draft top 3. The oilers can't draft outside of the top 5...when was the last time they got a potential 50 goal scorer without drafting in the top 5?

8 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Petersson, Dahlen, Gadjovich, Gaudette, Lockwood, Archibald, Dahlin, Joulevi, Chatfield

Dahlen-Petersson-Boeser

Dahlin-Joulevi

Stecher-Delzotto

Chatfield-Pouliot

Biega, Polak

Demko

UFA

it wouldn't look that bad to be honest. I mean how much worse can Chatfield be compared to Hutton and Joulevi would just be an improvement over Edler. Dahlin is Dahlin assuming if we won the lottery.

even if they not all ready yet? 

11 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Dahlen-Petersson-Boeser

Dahlin-Joulevi

Stecher-Delzotto

Chatfield-Pouliot

Biega, Polak

Demko

UFA

That defense, while skilled, would get pummeled in a seven game series. 

9 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Eriksson has proven to be a streaky, unreliable player for his paygrade. It would be great to see him gone in a trade.

I thought the same of Bieksa and Burrows, who worked their way through the farm system. I don't personally feel that they have earned any more of a right than the aforementioned players to decide their own trajectory with the Canucks.

That being said, I see what Linden is doing here. He knows that outside of himself and Smyl, there are very few Canucks players who could be considered legacy type players; the kind of player whose history is intrinsically attached to the team. Kesler, Bieksa, Burrows, and Hansen were those types of players, but management and ownership couldn't see the writing on the wall in 2012, and tried to get blood from a stone.

They are keeping the Sedins around purely as legacy markers for the team to look towards.

Jim does know what he's doing, for sure. There hasn't been a better drafter of talent in the history of the organization. Sadly Jim also seems to have a soft spot in the last two years for signing free agents who are streaky types who tend to take whole swathes of games off.

Dorsett was the last really great acquisition that Benning made from a trade or FA signing. Dorsett not only brought some tangible pride in his team, but he showed a fire that influenced important young players like Horvat.

Horvat, Boeser, Stecher, Pouliot, and Gaunce are ready for the NHL. They don't need anymore guidance, and I don't think that Vanek, Gagner, or Eriksson are the type of players you want cornerstones of the team to pattern their game after, unless you want to breed a new generation of streaky players.

and how many cdc'ers called benning a dunce for getting dorsett. he isn't going to get everyone right. it would be great if he could not make moves until he learns from hindsight if they were right. then he would be the greatest gm in history. 

35 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Dahlen-Petersson-Boeser

Dahlin-Joulevi

Stecher-Delzotto

Chatfield-Pouliot

Biega, Polak

Demko

UFA

You forgot Lind.

And Reeves won't come cheap.

Not sure if we want Polak. 

That team is mostly rookies. Not sure if that's what we want to put out there next season.

21 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

and how many cdc'ers called benning a dunce for getting dorsett. he isn't going to get everyone right. it would be great if he could not make moves until he learns from hindsight if they were right. then he would be the greatest gm in history. 

Yeah, I see people who criticize every move. And then in hindsight act as if there are 25 other moves every GM in his right mind would make. The fact is it's hard to get a decisive win in any GM move. That's why almost every move has a risk of not working out. However, you have to try in order to suceed.

5 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

You forgot Lind.

That team is mostly rookies. Not sure if that's what we want to put out there next season.

the part i don't like is, that if these young guys thrown into the line up struggle, the great cdc gm's will comment that they were bad picks. 

12 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

the part i don't like is, that if these young guys thrown into the line up struggle, the great cdc gm's will comment that they were bad picks. 

Almost as predictable  as you dumping on anyone who dares to question any moves by management.

3 hours ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

You forgot Lind.

Sure! ...If we want to be like ARZ this year :ph34r:

12 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Sadly Jim also seems to have a soft spot in the last two years for signing free agents who are streaky types who tend to take whole swathes of games off.

Short of perhaps Eriksson, the vast majority of UFA's he's signed are of the short term, mid-grade variety who are literally here to fill out an NHL roster until kids are ready to take those roles over the next couple years and are paid accordingly ($ and term). 

A lot of people's expectations of those players, under those terms, in those roles are frankly, completely out of whack with reality. Nobody's going to remember or care about signing Gagner in 2 years when he's moved at the 2020 TDL and youth take over and start (hopefully) winning games. It literally won't/doesn't matter in the long term. In the present, he's doing his job. The amount of 'ink' wasted on him, MDZ etc on here is absurd.

12 hours ago, GritGrinder said:

Your exact line was:

"please win lotto this yr  core of horvat, virtanen, boeser, guadette, tryamkin, petersson , juolevi, dahlen, demko, lind, gaz will be so slick next yr "

That's 7 rookies listed plus you have Dahlin on the team somehow as well so that makes 8, throw in Chatfield or Brisebois and yes for all intents and purposes you did say "let's play 9 rookies". I can't see any big name UFA's wanting to join a team that has given up on all of their veterans and that finishes in the bottom 5 for 3-4 years and then decides to ice a team that consists of half rookies and another 4-5 players under 24.

ya well 40 mill is a ton of cap im sure some ufa would come  we probably get kane here next yr for free  plus 4-6 yr deal at 6-7 mil

kane bo boeser

baertchi petersson goldobin

granlund gaudette virtanen

ufa hitter/scrapper gaunce labate 

juolevi tryamkin

pouliot dahlen

del zotto stecher 

biega 

marky

demko

would be a better team than this yrs group  and thats 5 rookies

9 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

Dahlen-Petersson-Boeser

Dahlin-Joulevi

Stecher-Delzotto

Chatfield-Pouliot

Biega, Polak

Demko

UFA

RIP.....

bottom feeder...

Archived