The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What A Coward - Parkland Armed School Resource Officer Never Went Into The School During Shooting

SabreFan1

9 hours ago, JV77 said:

I say it purely based on how passionate you and most American's are against outlawing guns...Like if that happened, you would lose sleep over it.

Guns are so ingrained in American culture, that people are gone nuts.

Well guns aren’t outlawed in Canada, and if the Canadian government tried to ban all guns, there would be a MASSIVE uproar and it wouldn’t happen.

14 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Great; arm the teachers?  Two things will happen;

1) A teacher will shoot a black kid, in ''self defence?'' 2 weeks later a gang will run rampant shooting teachers...

2) A student will disarm the teacher. Use the gun on the class...

Both 4 times each by April. 

I don't think arming the teachers is a great idea!

Not sure they mean all teachers will be strapped and loaded.   more like a gun(s) could be kept in a lock box only the teachers know the code  and could defend themselves if needed something like that might work, they could be trained  just like a quake drill.

1 hour ago, Dittohead said:

Not sure they mean all teachers will be strapped and loaded.   more like a gun(s) could be kept in a lock box only the teachers know the code  and could defend themselves if needed something like that might work, they could be trained  just like a quake drill.

So in an active shooter situation, a teacher would have to go to the weapons locker, unlock it, load and ready the weapon, then go looking for the shooter? :huh:

16 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

And some people in the GOP and NRA want to arm more people at schools...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/parkland-shooting-armed-school-resource-officer-never-went-school-during-n850441

Have you ever been shot at? Many, many trained military personnel who train for combat for years freeze up and $&!# themselves when they first come under fire.  At $16 an hour to be a security guard there isn't a lot of room to be a &^@#ing hero...

3 hours ago, Dittohead said:

American teachers already have nowhere near the credentials of those here. Lets add military training? And remember its a lockbox in every room? 

No offense, that sounds like a dumb idea to me. I have zero doubt you would need ten armed guards at night. Just to keep the school from being robbed of its guns.

Look, I'm dead opposed to more guns being part of the solution. I see more opportunity to F up, than see any likelihood a teacher pulls down a shooter.

6 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

Well guns aren’t outlawed in Canada, and if the Canadian government tried to ban all guns, there would be a MASSIVE uproar and it wouldn’t happen.

I disagree unless I am completely wrong about Canadians.  Go outlaw them entirely, they serve no purpose to citizens.  I couldn't care less about guns.

3 hours ago, smokes said:

I would never want to see my kid being taught social studies with a teacher with a gun on his waist. I don't know...call me old fashioned.

Unless you're expecting the gun to suddenly drop on the ground and then go off..... if you're fearful, it speaks more about the teacher than the actual firearm itself.  

49 minutes ago, JV77 said:

I disagree unless I am completely wrong about Canadians.  Go outlaw them entirely, they serve no purpose to citizens.  I couldn't care less about guns.

Yeah you’re wrong about Canadians then.. There would be a huge uproar, lots of Canadians own rifles for hunting, me being one of them.

Just because you see no purpose to guns, doesn’t mean others don’t.

I do agree that guns need to be regulated and have restrictions, which in Canada they do. But if the government tried to do an all out ban, you would see a lot of protesting, and it wouldn’t happen.

5 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Have you ever been shot at? Many, many trained military personnel who train for combat for years freeze up and $&!# themselves when they first come under fire.  At $16 an hour to be a security guard there isn't a lot of room to be a &^@#ing hero...

He was making a lot more than $16/hr.  There's no excuse for that kind of cowardice after you accept the responsibility of protecting other people's lives.  He did  the correct thing by quitting in disgrace after he was suspended. 

In Canada we do not let children buy cigarettes as we all know how dangerous smoking is to your health.

WHY would USA allow MENTAL HEALTH  TEENAGERS  to purchase ASSAULT RIFLES.

Blaming the security guard is just a waste of time in my opinion....  WHY Not look at the big picture....    

Clearly the USA is pretty DUMB  with their lack of gun laws /  weak gun regulations....

5 hours ago, smokes said:

I would never want to see my kid being taught social studies with a teacher with a gun on his waist. I don't know...call me old fashioned.

Some of us old timers went to schools where the teacher did have a rifle close at hand.  Bear could be troublesome, and the gun was necessary.  The gun culture is crazy in the States now though.  They glorify guns in their movies, and make using them cool.  I find it hypocritical how Hollywood is all for gun control, while making Billions selling movies to kids where gun use is glorified.  Heck, maybe our kids up here think guns are cool too?  Sounds like places like Surrey are gun happy zones.

2 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

Yeah you’re wrong about Canadians then.. There would be a huge uproar, lots of Canadians own rifles for hunting, me being one of them.

Just because you see no purpose to guns, doesn’t mean others don’t.

I do agree that guns need to be regulated and have restrictions, which in Canada they do. But if the government tried to do an all out ban, you would see a lot of protesting, and it wouldn’t happen.

There is no purpose.  Why do you need to hunt?

Hunting animals from hundreds of feet with a gun while the poor animal can't defend itself or see it coming doesn't prove anything...Go hunt it with your bare hands or even a spear at least and you would prove something.

Your "hobby" and love for guns doesn't mean it serves a purpose.  It serves no needed purpose.

2 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Hunting animals from hundreds of feet with a gun while the poor animal can't defend itself or see it coming doesn't prove anything...Go hunt it with your bare hands or even a spear at least and you would prove something.

Lol at this silly comment. 

7 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Your "hobby" and love for guns doesn't mean it serves a purpose.  It serves no needed purpose.

Assault rifles, and hand guns are not good for hunting.  However, hunting with a .22 or larger caliber rifle is fine by me.  Nothing wrong with hunting for food.

i used to hunt rabbits with a pellet rifle.  Then skin them, and cook them.  Heck maybe hunting is a better way to get meat than the slaughter house?

Archived