The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Captain Bo or Typo?

lumberman

Saw this quote by ;The Kuuz'; don't know if it is a typo but was under the impression, no decision until training camp at the earliest>

Everyone has tagged Horvat as the next Captain, but GMJB & Pres.TL

PRO HOCKEY RUMORS:

Western Notes: Tarasenko, Horvat, Kaprisov

MAY 5, 2018 AT 6:47 PM CDT | BY HOLGER STOLZENBERG 

• Vancouver Canucks Bo Horvat is playing for Team Canada in the World Championships with one thing in mind. The Vancouver Sun’s Ben Kuzma writes that the team captain was told by the team during exit interviews at the end of the season to keep working on his two-way game. Horvat, who had a career-high in goals scored with 22, has emphasized working on his skating while in Denmark. “For me, it’s to work on my skating — you can never be too fast,” said Horvat, who also said working on his defensive awareness is another skill he’s been working on.

10 minutes ago, Jaku said:

Interesting. My question is - why does this particular person know and not others?

He doesn't know.

Probably meant to say "FUTURE" team captain. 

They fired a lot of people down at the Province/ Sun the last year, including editors that are paid to pick up these mistakes.

40 minutes ago, lumberman said:

Saw this quote by ;The Kuuz'; don't know if it is a typo but was under the impression, no decision until training camp at the earliest>

PRO HOCKEY RUMORS:

• Vancouver Canucks Bo Horvat is playing for Team Canada in the World Championships with one thing in mind. The Vancouver Sun’s Ben Kuzma writes that the team captain was told by the team during exit interviews at the end of the season to keep working on his two-way game. Horvat, who had a career-high in goals scored with 22, has emphasized working on his skating while in Denmark. “For me, it’s to work on my skating — you can never be too fast,” said Horvat, who also said working on his defensive awareness is another skill he’s been working on.

Here's what Kuzma's article states. Like, the first line.

It’s what you expect from the Team Canada centre and a future Vancouver Canucks’ captain.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Well McDavid is Captain for Team Canada, so I think it's a good question. 

I think they operate by Klingon rules....Horvat challenged McDavid for the captaincy and won.  Everybody else moves up in rank.  Next time maybe McDavid should have that tantalus field device installed.

1 hour ago, Jaku said:

Interesting. My question is - why does this particular person know and not others?

Holger Stolzenberg

Journalism & Publications Teacher Clark County School District & Sports Writer for Pro Hockey Rumors

Las Vegas, Nevada

I'd say he's making an assumption.

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think they operate by Klingon rules....Horvat challenged McDavid for the captaincy and won.  Everybody else moves up in rank.  Next time maybe McDavid should have that tantalus field device installed.

Mirror Universe Bo has a Goatee? 

I don't think Kuzma knows something we don't.

I think Kuzma and basically everyone have already booked him as the next captain.

I can't see Benning and Linden not giving it to him. 

He's 100% ready and IMO, giving him the captaincy will take him to the next level.

16 hours ago, lumberman said:

PRO HOCKEY RUMORS:

At the time of the exit interviews Henrik Sedin was still under contract and still the team captain. So, reading the paragraph literally, it says that it was Henrik Sedin who was told to keep working on his two-way game. Not sure why Kuzma chose to mention this while discussing Horvat.::D

Archived