The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

51 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Hopefully they give Quinn time to heal it fully because playing on a bruised foot can lead to bone fractures.

I don't think a bruise can lead to a fracture. If Quinn plays game 2 and fractures his foot, it's because the force of the puck was more than what the bone could withstand, not because he has a bruise. 

Regardless, I agree he shouldn't play if it's too swollen or too painful and I hope they let it heal. 

• Like 1

Michigan chokes for the 4th straight game and loses in OT for the 4th straight game smh, this time giving away a two goal lead.

its pretty simple from here on out. If Michigan wins 8 straight games they’re national champs, if they lose at any point, Quinn packs his bags and comes to Vancouver.

1 minute ago, Grape said:

Michigan chokes for the 4th straight game and loses in OT for the 4th straight game smh, this time giving away a two goal lead.

its pretty simple from here on out. If Michigan wins 8 straight games they’re national champs, if they lose at any point, Quinn packs his bags and comes to Vancouver.

Is the rest of the tournament not 3 game series?

If he truly is Day-to-Day I really hope they don't play him, that said down 0-1 in a best of 3 they will be desperate and I expect to see him on the ice today.

Regardless, when he is out sign him but make sure he's healed before he plays a game.Hell, rest him until we have 10 or less games left in the season.

19 minutes ago, zombieksa said:

If he truly is Day-to-Day I really hope they don't play him, that said down 0-1 in a best of 3 they will be desperate and I expect to see him on the ice today.

Regardless, when he is out sign him but make sure he's healed before he plays a game.Hell, rest him until we have 10 or less games left in the season.

Protecting his future this year Hughes would be wise to sit out at least today's game. If they happen to win consider playing in game 3. Canucks have 0 say on ths situation, the last thing we need is him to play for his College team today and re injury it more severely. Quinn relies so heavily on his skating, a shattered ankle could mess up his NHL career.

Low chance of that happening if he plays today, but have to think about the future. Not that he wants to bail on his current teammates but they are in a spot like the Canucks right now....They have a chance but you literally have to go undefeated, they aren't good enough this season

1 hour ago, zombieksa said:

I still haven't seen that confirmed

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:29 AM, ItalianCanuck1 said:

@TNucks1 there you go

Quinn hughes played his cards with saying he would sign and be here in Vancouver as soon as his season ends. His agent flipped out at him reminding him its his job to get him the best contract possible. And with Vancouver giving Elias the best rookie contract at pick 5 they have forced their hand with Quinn Hughes as well. Just top pick players playing the teams for best contract available. If Vancouver puts a similar contract as Elias received Hughes will be here as soon as possible!

• Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Lots of different parties wanting their preferred outcome. UMich hockey likely wants him to play, his coach wants him to play, Quinn himself probably wants to play too. But, the Canucks, Aquilini, Quinn's representatives, and the fans absolutely do not want him to suit up today. From a selfish fan standpoint, I hope he sits and we get to see him in two weeks time fully healed.

• Like 1

Canucks fans and organization have 0 rush for this kid to play his next game regardless of what level it is at. This is our 2nd high draft pick D, the management think he is a game changing top pairing D....So he needs his ankles good for that foot speed and agility

4 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

On a good note, that's almost certainly soreness/bruising and not something more serious.

On another good note, that almost certainly means he's not suiting up immediately upon arriving here. They'll want him healthy and a couple practices in, before he sees an actual game IMO.

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

On a good note, that's almost certainly soreness/bruising and not something more serious.

On another good note, that almost certainly means he's not suiting up immediately upon arriving here. They'll want him healthy and a couple practices in, before he sees an actual game IMO.

start him on the 20th vs Ottawa and he can play out the rest of the 10 games and then we don't have to worry about expansion either. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1