The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

The hockey gods were merciful the day Hughes fell to us. If he works on his shot and defenders respect it, I see him as a 60 point Dman in his prime. 

More than that. Definitely more than that.

When you look at what Rielly did this year for the Laffs, my bet is in and around 70 points.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

The hockey gods were merciful the day Hughes fell to us. If he works on his shot and defenders respect it, I see him as a 60 point Dman in his prime. 

19 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

More than that. Definitely more than that.

When you look at what Rielly did this year for the Laffs, my bet is in and around 70 points.

Holy shyte 

Relax people.  60–70 points? 

This poor kid is gonna turn out to be an awesome 40 point player and everyone is going to be so disappointed because of their own ridiculous expectations. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Holy shyte 

This poor kid is gonna turn out to be an awesome 40 point player and everyone is going to be so disappointed because of their own ridiculous expectations. 

Why "this poor kid"? He's never going to see this post, nor will he ever care if the average fan throws out similar projections.

Based off of my eye-test from my years of watching hockey, it's just my opinion - and it's not at all out of the realm of possibility that he gets somewhere between 60-70 points. Actually, I would consider it to be a major disappointed if he was only a 40-point player, because I know he's WAY better than that. Saying he'll be an "awesome 40-point player" is almost degrading in the case of Quinn. At worst he's good for 50 points a season in his prime. But, again, this is just my opinion.  

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Holy shyte 

I think 60-70 points is insanely unreasonable for this year, but I think give it 3-4 years and I could see him developing into a high-level offensive defenseman. He has that level of skill.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I think 60-70 points is insanely unreasonable for this year, but I think give it 3-4 years and I could see him developing into a high-level offensive defenseman. He has that level of skill.

I agree, he just needs to work on his shot.  most dangerous d-men have a respected slapshot which opens up angles as defenders try to block it.

On 9/8/2019 at 2:34 AM, SILLY GOOSE said:

its hard to believe hes only 19, yet carries himself like hes in his late 20's.  its honestly &^@#ing baffling

Father Hughes was the director player development for the Maple Laughs .  The Hughes brothers spend 11 years growing up in hockey crazy Toronto, playing hockey and the experience witnessing the inner circle of the Maple Leafs. 

"It was pretty cool being an American growing up in Canada."   Jack Hughes

I think the Hughes brothers will have some awesome games when they play in Toronto.

• Cheers 1

On 9/10/2019 at 6:14 PM, messier's_elbow said:

I think he has a good shot at 40-50 points this season depending on how he's utilized.  He and Pettersson are transforming this team and they have a strong group of both young guys and UFAs to bolster them.  It should be an exciting year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2