The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

3 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Oh no did my vernacular go over your head? Sorry, I'll try and dumb it down for you next time. In the long history of groin injuries,lack of playing time is usually a major contributor.

Your vernacular didn't go over my head.

I just pointed out that I don't have to believe what you said

I then said you can believe what you want

In return you come back with an insult.

Just now, gurn said:

Your vernacular didn't go over my head.

I just pointed out that I don't have to believe what you said

I then said you can believe what you want

In return you come back with an insult.

It has nothing to do with "believing me". Have you never heard a sentence started with  "You have to think"? It doesn't mean I'm commanding you to think like I do. Its just a vernacular that you clearly have never heard or misunderstood (over your head). You trolled my post and deserved the minor insult.

5 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Oh no did my vernacular go over your head? Sorry, I'll try and dumb it down for you next time. In the long history of groin injuries,lack of playing time is usually a major contributor.

What an arsehole 

40 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

You have to think that Demko playing one game in 5 weeks contributed to the groin injury. You can only practice so much, having little to no game action for over a month was not ideal and now they're in a tough situation especially if Markstrom starts to struggle or tweaks something himself.

Apparently it's his knee.

That’s relatively good news about Edler. I don’t recall him having concussion problems in the past, so hopefully he can recover quickly. Glad it wasn’t more serious, although still pretty early to tell how much impact it will have on him.

Well now that it is more serious then first thought as Demko needs to head back to Vancouver. I’d say we use some of our cap space and sign a FA goalie from any of these current free market goalies. The first few will be a bit pricy for such a short term but hey it’s better to sign a goalie then have the other teams try and pick them off waivers before we can. And it might sound silly to sign a free agent goalie so late in the season, it’s much sillier to trade assests for a quick fix when we have cap/roster space to do so.

Kari Lehtonen
Steve Mason
Eddie Lack

Sean Maguire
Adam Vay
Matej Machovsky
Jeremy Smith
Chris Driedger
Stephen Michalek
Adam Carlson
Jamie Phillips
Marek Langhamer
Kristers Gudlevskis
Michael Leighton (Utica PTO)
Anders Lindback
Matthew O'Connor
Adam Wilcox
Ken Appleby
Jeff Glass

49 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

:(

I think it was safe to assume he had a concussion at the very least, so not surprising.

The fact that there was no fracture is really good news though. Of course a concussion could linger for the rest of the season, but lets hope for the best.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Un-f'n real.  

Just our luck eh (and his)

I feel bad for the kid. So much promise yet the hockey gods are hell bent on screwing this season up for him.

On the bright side, Dipietro gets to spend some time with Clark and practice against pro's which will hopefully bode well for his development.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:42 PM, EP Phone Home said:

Well now that it is more serious then first thought as Demko needs to head back to Vancouver. I’d say we use some of our cap space and sign a FA goalie from any of these current free market goalies. The first few will be a bit pricy for such a short term but hey it’s better to sign a goalie then have the other teams try and pick them off waivers before we can. And it might sound silly to sign a free agent goalie so late in the season, it’s much sillier to trade assests for a quick fix when we have cap/roster space to do so.

Kari Lehtonen
Steve Mason
Eddie Lack

Sean Maguire
Adam Vay
Matej Machovsky
Jeremy Smith
Chris Driedger
Stephen Michalek
Adam Carlson
Jamie Phillips
Marek Langhamer
Kristers Gudlevskis
Michael Leighton (Utica PTO)
Anders Lindback
Matthew O'Connor
Adam Wilcox
Ken Appleby
Jeff Glass

Bring back the lack :P.  Could some time with Clark bring Eddie’s game up to an acceptable level again?

11 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Bring back the lack :P.  Could some time with Clark bring Eddie’s game up to an acceptable level again?

Just to see his happy dance after a win or a taco Tuesday post would be worth it. His best years were here. He needs a new job, we need a backup backup, it could work. If he proves he can play again we have a Lack/MDP next season in Utica next year. 

11 hours ago, sonoman said:

11 hours ago, sonoman said:

Thought his season was over due to hip surgery ?

Archived