The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Capitals @ Canucks Oct 22 2018

ForzaTikare

6 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I just realized the Canuck's third line has a 17.375 million dollar cap hit and will have for another 3 years if they stick together they all have NTC's. I wonder how many other teams can boast that. :lol:

Both teams should be rested.

I just quickly looked up cap hits of a few teams 3rd lines to see why you are concerned:

Colorado

Nieto Soderberg Calvert   11 million

Anaheim

Cogliano Kesler Gibbons 11 million

St. Louis

Steen Bozak Maroon 14.5 million

Yeah...the Canucks is a bit higher and the Canucks have tons of cap room.

Much ado about nothing!!  ::D

Edit: I see below other posters corrected the guardian about what the Canucks REAL cap is for the 3rd line...only 13 million. Barely any difference from the ones I looked up.  #fakemath

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"We've said all along we want to be an aggressive, fast team. We talked about scoring a lot and we have to find a way to score with Petey out of the lineup, I like how we've buckled down the last few games." - Green on team developing identity

This is awesome. The team talks about how their NHL team needs to score when their rookie, with a total of 5 NHL games of experience, is out of the line up. This EP kid is gonna be elite for years hopefully lol!!

Attending my first regular season game of this early season. Going to grab my fatburger before the game as my pre game meal record at FB is a impressive 14-2-3. Pics coming or it didn’t happen! I also have a gut feeling that Gaudette will get his first NHL goal tonight. I hope for a Canucks win but I am feeling it might be a close 4-3 loss, I hope I’m wrong but I feel like the caps remember how badly they played the last time they came with the Roxy flu!

Go Nucks!

C0346284-6603-403B-B747-F67737F44EDF.jpeg

A6BD3E19-69F2-42EF-A036-D65CD588E3A0.jpeg

36 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Jay Beagle receives his cup ring.

DqIdh6FV4AYLq-A.jpg:large

DqIdM5NV4AYHPv4.jpg:large

He doesn't looks too impressed with it :lol:.  I wonder why they didn't give it to him in Washington ... the team could've done a tribute or something so that the Washington fans can give him his due too.

16 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

He doesn't looks too impressed with it :lol:.  I wonder why they didn't give it to him in Washington ... the team could've done a tribute or something so that the Washington fans can give him his due too.

He's like ..welp, that's going in the safety deposit box. 

#unwearable 

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I just realized the Canuck's third line has a 17.375 million dollar cap hit and will have for another 3 years if they stick together they all have NTC's. I wonder how many other teams can boast that. :lol:

Both teams should be rested.

I think you need to go and retake some math classes lol. Eriksson - 6mil, Roussel - 3 mil, Sutter - 4.375 mil........looks like 13 .375 mil to me

26 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

That's what I thought, but maybe he's reflecting and reminiscing.

37 minutes ago, xereau said:

image.jpg

That is so funny, the guy from Happy Gilmore lol  

1 hour ago, 'NucK™ said:

Have a feeling this could be a rough one. Caps are rested and it looks like we needs a break. The back-to-back Wed/Thurs on the road will be brutal... 

I was really surprised that they played on saturday, two days after the end of a long road trip.  Even more surprised they play tonight.  I would have thought they'd have a few days of rest after Saturday.

Archived