The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

31 minutes ago, lmm said:

do you work for the canucks?

if not it is not our brand.

I like to refer to my favourite team which I support (from the other part of the world) watching all games and buying merchandising with the word "our".

As a fan, I consider myself (and yourself) as a part of the Vancouver Canucks.

BTW, in my (humble) opinion, a brand must can't have too many colour scheme changes.

Think about Coca Cola or Pepsi. Or Canadiens / Packers / Leafs / Bruins. The colours are an essential part of their brand.

Now, after decades of changes, we (they) were able to estabilish a great scheme colour which is linked to one of the most succesful period of our franchise history.

It's great to see all the fans wearing green and blue. 

So I don't think it would be a great idea to change again the colour scheme.

Edited by ItalianCanuck1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Already a thread on this but here's my take...it appears the orca is staying based on the recently unveiled 50th anniversary logo. However, I have a gut feeling that the Canucks are hiding something. The 50th anniversary logo, for one, looks cheap and took about 50 seconds to put together. It may only be a teaser. Also, when the Canucks did the open fan vote on the throwback jersey, the original blue Stick in Rink was not included. It doesn't make any sense not to have it included in the 50th anniversary celebration. However, there is a lot of pushing of the Johnny Canuck brand with  the JC in house videos and even in parts of the arena. Heard rumours of a JC third jersey in the works. The third jersey is expected to be unveiled during next season. And what about the draft held at Rogers Arena? With the 50th anniversary and the draft right here at home, one would think of a major unveiling. New jerseys and logos usually get unveiled at the draft. Removing the "VANCOUVER" without retiring the orca and the Agency font wouldn't be that significant. We'll just have to wait and see. I, for one, would love to see the orca gone. 

20180331_124323.jpg

20180107_140315.jpg

home21.jpg.cf.jpg

That Johnny Canucks logo on the upper left would get my vote.  That one on the upper right is a little too bland for my liking, while the gay man holding the axe on the bottom looks too Brokeback Mountainish.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

I like to refer to my favourite team which I support (from the other part of the world) watching all games and buying merchandising with the word "our".

As a fan, I consider myself (and yourself) as a part of the Vancouver Canucks.

BTW, in my (humble) opinion, a brand must can't have too many colour scheme changes.

Think about Coca Cola or Pepsi. Or Canadiens / Packers / Leafs / Bruins. The colours are an essential part of their brand.

Now, after decades of changes, we (they) were able to estabilish a great scheme colour which is linked to one of the most succesful period of our franchise history.

It's great to see all the fans wearing green and blue. 

So I don't think it would be a great idea to change again the colour scheme.

over all I agree with you. I too refer to the canucks as "my team" but when you mention Brand, that separates them from us.

as I said, they are the sellers and we are the buyers, 

and yes, having a stable brand is good for sales, and colour is part of that. Look at the Kings, it took them 22 years to realise that they are in LA and LA colors (american spelling) are black and silver. The change to black and silver was good for Kings merchandise, but so was Gretzky. So is it colour or product that sells?

Vancouver has had 3 basic colour schemes, with many tweeks along the way. Primerily, the current Blue Green White and the 80s-90s Black Orange/Yellow White and then there was that horrible Maroon monstrosity.

You can't really say our current colour scheme is different than our original scheme that won nothing.

I like the Blue and Green, but I'd be willing to bet that the Canucks could go back to the Maroon Monstrosity, and sell a lot, if Petey, Brock and Quinn started to tear up the league in that garb.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

That Johnny Canucks logo on the upper left would get my vote.  That one on the upper right is a little too bland for my liking, while the gay man holding the axe on the bottom looks too Brokeback Mountainish.

My Dad loves cowboy movies and thought that’s what he was going to watch, you know a Clint Eastwood epic. He got up and left and asked for his money back.   Funny.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

RIP to everyone that just bought a shiny new Hughes jersey and EP jersey this year

Yeah, I agree with you.

The current jersey will be forever linked with Lu (I own one home), Edler (I will buy the away), Kesler, Burrows and Bieksa.

And the Twins, of course.

But, you can also see this thing from a different perspective.

'I own the Petterson's rookie year jersey.''

Edited by ItalianCanuck1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, lmm said:

do you work for the canucks?

if not it is not our brand.

the Canucks are the sellers and we are the buyers.

either way I don't see how a colour change hurts the brand.

if its looks good it will sell fast

Not really. It would cost the owners a lot more money than just changing the jersey. They would have to update the arena, update and give fresh logos. 

Rebranding would cost nearly a billion dollars. I can't see the orca going anywhere really. 

If they were really planning a redesign it probably would have happened when the jerseys switched to addidas from reebok. Updates will happen but I doubt a full on switch of jerseys

11 hours ago, 6string said:

NOOOO-oooo-OOOOO not the McCawaw-aw orca pul-ee-ee-z!

Vintage 70's from the opening season with the stick in the rink and a V on the sleeves.

Aquilini grew up right by the Pacific Coliseum with those uniforms in his childhood.

Really want to see that back.  need some kind of V incorporated in the striping

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I might just be old school but that does not look nearly as nice as the black, yellow and red. 

Would look better if there weren't any white lines in the circle, instead make the whole inside of the circle white and then put our normal dark blue where that light blue/teal/gray is (sorry, colourblind... can't tell what it is)

13 hours ago, Vegan said:

what is with the hostility to the Vancouver word with the Canucks? They team is here to stay so what is the problem???

I have a few jerseys in the closet I use in winter to keep warm with

It alienates the other 2 million of us in BC that happen to be fans.

8 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Let me see , Huge Orca at center ice, Orca on uniform, Orca mascot, Orca bay corporation.  To me they are the Vancouver Orca Hockey club.

I don’t see it your way.

it's not an orca, it's a stylized letter c, just like the canadiens. the same way the bruins use a b (spoked to represent boston being the "hub of america," the same way the canucks stylized their c to represent the place they're from) instead of a bear.

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, tas said:

it's not an orca, it's a stylized letter c, just like the canadiens. the same way the bruins use a b (spoked to represent boston being the "hub of america," the same way the canucks stylized their c to represent the place they're from) instead of a bear.

I don’t see it your way.

• Upvote 1