The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Feb. 07, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Canucks weren't good enough but Sutherland's conduct, yet again, was completely unacceptable.  There is zero reason for his continued employment at any level, let alone the NHL's insistence in allowing him to pull his garbage literally every time he's assigned to one of our games.  It's time he's held accountable for his criminal corruption and locked up in prison where he belongs.

Listen Heffy. You know how much I rag on these useless sacks of $&!# dressed up like zebras. They are garbage, no doubt. It's a bloody travesty that the NHLPA hasn't demanded a wholesale overhaul. It needs to happen. 

That being said, the Canucks lost the game tonight, without getting jobbed by the refs. These things happen. This team isn't there yet. 

"Yeah, you're frustrated. They had a great powerplay. Our powerplay isn't clicking right now and that was probably the difference in the game. We did a lot of good things tonight. That first period, I think we gave up 2 chances 5-on-5. You get down 2-0 on the road, to claw your way back is big. The way we played, we could be sitting here with six or seven points on the trip. At the end of the day, you gotta play well, if you do, good things will happen. You can't chase the game... if we play these four games over and play the same way, it could be a different story." - Green

When a 2 man advantage is not an advantage, the Canucks PP is a big problem costing them games.

The  PP has to set up for the one-timers for Pettersson and Boeser and let Bo go for the rebounds to be a threat. Pety is too slow to make a pass right now and guys just jump on him to create turnovers after turnovers. 

Shoot more or at least fake a shot and quick passes are the only way to succeed in the PP. Even if Boeser or Pety just fakes a shot, that could easily freeze a PKer or two or even the goalie. 

This playoff run depends a lot on how the PP performs as they have lost so many 1 goal games. Is ther a PP coach with the Canucks or is he doing his job right ?

Bunch of Snowflake-P*ssies!

Criticize Tanev? You keyboard-warriors? F*** off with that noise. One of the gutsiest guys who ever manned the blueline here. Fearlessly blocks bombs.

Didn't bother scanning names..whoever questions CT's service needs their head examined.

Fair weather fandom if we've ever witnessed it! That's enough for me..tired reading such rubbish!

Very proud of these guys. GCG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Green's line blender, while somewhat understandable, needs to allow for some stability. I think Hutton would have done fine in OT. If not, well it's a learning experience for him. He's made leaps this year and should have been given the spot. He's younger, stronger, and getting better. Giving him a chance against a wily veteran like Toews would have been fine. 

He also can't be pairing Guddy and Pouliot together. Pouliot needs to be waived and a better choice from Utica needs to come up and take his place. 

Green is only working with what he's been given. We all know that without Edler our defensive pairing are going to leave something to be desired. 

Agree Hutton is way way better than last year, but if we're comparing apples to apples I'd still rather have a Tanev out there than a tired Hutton. It's not a knock on Hutton, it's just putting your best D on the ice. Besides, if Tanev breaks that play up he probably goes for a line change anyways. 

Certainly don't think Pouliot is back next year if Juolevi comes to camp ready to go. His 'this year' leash must be shortening to choke-hold length as well. I know who we have in Utica, just haven't been able to watch any of their games this season. If JB thinks it's better to bring up someone from there is has to be a case of it NOT being at the expense of their development, otherwise I'd rather stick with Pouliot until next season and deal with it then.

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Green's line blender, while somewhat understandable, needs to allow for some stability. I think Hutton would have done fine in OT. If not, well it's a learning experience for him. He's made leaps this year and should have been given the spot. He's younger, stronger, and getting better. Giving him a chance against a wily veteran like Toews would have been fine. 

He also can't be pairing Guddy and Pouliot together. Pouliot needs to be waived and a better choice from Utica needs to come up and take his place. 

Poo's time is running out. That 2nd intermission collection of giveaways and bad decisions on the road trip isn't flattering. Playing D is tough man. Every little mistake is so costly. Wingers can cough pucks up all night and get a bit of a pass but defenders play under a lot of pressure. 

The Wild will be the team the Canucks will fight to get a playoff spot....Hawks are coming on. It will be a battle to the end.

Canucks PP needs to get a lot better....it's being out worked because it has no urgency. It looks like they are taking it easy and as a result are losing races to the puck...with the extra man, the PP should have an extra man around the puck (1 more player than the other team, all over the ice). In order to do that, they need to hustle!

I'd lose my Sh$T on them (PP), the way they play with lack of urgency.

33 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Love all these uneducated fans thinking Toews is easy to defend while on your 3rd shift in OT :lol:

Exactly. Tanev has been a rock for this team for years constantly facing the other teams top players.. he has a couple iffy games and the cut throat crowd is getting the rope.  No mercy. 

47 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

how very canucks hockey to let toews walk in for that nhl 94 goal xD

Ha! I know exactly what you are talking about. I used to play the Montreal Canadians on that game because they were the best team since they win the Cup in '93. Kirk Muller, Patrick Roy, Vincent Damphousse.  When you were down a goal late in the game that was the go to move, cutting across in front of the net and roofing it back hand. Worked nearly every time. Ah the memories.

26 minutes ago, Green Building said:

So it wasn't one sided. Can't always blame the refs for every loss. Sometimes you just have to be the better team by capitalizing on your chances.

People are trying to blame the refs again? Really? They did us a favor by not giving us more power plays. We looked atrocious onnthe PP. Played better 5 on 5. Thank you refs!

1 hour ago, Green Building said:

Green is only working with what he's been given. We all know that without Edler our defensive pairing are going to leave something to be desired. 

I know. I said that his line blender is somewhat understandable. I was speaking more so on the forward corps. 

Agree Hutton is way way better than last year, but if we're comparing apples to apples I'd still rather have a Tanev out there than a tired Hutton. It's not a knock on Hutton, it's just putting your best D on the ice. Besides, if Tanev breaks that play up he probably goes for a line change anyways. 

Tanev is slowly slipping out of being the best defenseman. I think Hutton and Stecher will usurp him soon. They have more speed, strength, and grit on their side. Tanev is a great Canuck, but I'd be fine with the Canucks trading him. Edler has proven to be a stalwart. 

That brings me to another point. I'd like to see Gudbranson with a different partner too. I remember Edler seemingly looking, two or three seasons ago, like he sucked ass, but it was because he was playing out of his depth and had no solid partner. Eagle has turned a massive corner and oozes leadership, that just wasn't there a couple of seasons ago. I think with the right partner (possibly Edler) Guddy would take a huge step forward. 

I mean a really, really great big step. I mean.......

tenor.gif.350ee7a89600290a08a480da1b90e851.gif

Certainly don't think Pouliot is back next year if Juolevi comes to camp ready to go.

Hughes and Juolevi are better than Pouliot now. 

His 'this year' leash must be shortening to choke-hold length as well. I know who we have in Utica, just haven't been able to watch any of their games this season. If JB thinks it's better to bring up someone from there is has to be a case of it NOT being at the expense of their development, otherwise I'd rather stick with Pouliot until next season and deal with it then.

I'd rather give some prospects a shot at stealing a spot than see Pouliot continue to make irretrievably boneheaded plays. 

17 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Bunch of Snowflake-P*ssies!

Criticize Tanev? You keyboard-warriors? F*** off with that noise. One of the gutsiest guys who ever manned the blueline here. Fearlessly blocks bombs.

Didn't bother scanning names..whoever questions CT's service needs their head examined.

Fair weather fandom if we've ever witnessed it! That's enough for me..tired reading such rubbish!

Very proud of these guys. GCG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody should be exempt from criticism. This is tanevs worst season in a while. It's been the Alex Edler show this year

And that's ok, nobody is being a keyboard warrior. Are you Tanevs dad? Lol

Archived