The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, filthycanuck said:

LOL that made me laugh. You probably haven't been watching the games too much. Sutter is barely adequate, let alone elite. Vittuzzi? Really? You know who are  2 very different players? Bertuzzi and Virtanen

oldnews is crazy sutter is garbage  dam elite thats ridiculous 

With 4 games against California teams this week, yeah Anaheim is walking dead and LA is kinda middling at best but still they are big teams, I'd very much like to see Big Mac in the lineup a couple times. He's a big body, physical, and a pretty solid skater these are the perfect kind of games for a player of his stature. Undrafted, somewhat older, over looked player in the system. Definitely could see him his style of play working very nicely against teams like LA and San Jose. Anaheim might come back somewhat renewed. The GM is now the interim coach. Might play a little harder with him on the bench I dunno.

Either way, it'd be really nice to see him slot in for a couple games here. Since it sounds like Eagle isn't gonna be out super long. Big Mac's not incredibly young so we should really be trying to see what we have with him exactly and the best way to see that is with some game action at the NHL level. Only problem would be trying to figure out who sits. Motte, Jake and Goldy are really the only 3 I could see Green taking out. I think Goldy played pretty well last game though.

i think a

virtanen horvat mcewen line

with goldy petersson boeser

will give teams fits 

really nice top 6 

looking forward to the deadline i wander who will be on team for the playoffs

d corp 

edler tanev

hughes guddy

hutton stecher 

brisebois 

or will one of tanev guddy be gone

sutter eriksson are either gone at deadline or around july 1st even if we retain half erikssons salary

gaudette will be our third line center by sept 

17 hours ago, oldnews said:

I love Virtuzzi, but comparing him to Sutter is off imo - very different players - and a role that as good as JV is, he will probably never be able to play.

Sutter is an elite shutdown center.  JV is a developing two-way winger - I don't see the point in claiming he's 'better' than Sutter - or even those other wingers for that matter - again very different types of players.

Was a high end shutdown center. Don't know what has happened to him this year. Injuries finally catching up to him? He doesn't have very good chemistry with his wingers either this year. 

I wonder if a player was injured in the last game and they are keeping it under wraps.

They called McEwen up around 2 hours after the last game, maybe Motte?

It is just a strange time for a planned callup, 11:30 PM PT, 2:30 AM ET.

More like an hour and a bit after the game.

Injury or illness?

48 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I wonder if a player was injured in the last game and they are keeping it under wraps.

They called McEwen up around 2 hours after the last game, maybe Motte?

It is just a strange time for a planned callup, 11:30 PM PT, 2:30 AM ET.

More like an hour and a bit after the game.

Injury or illness?

Baertschi

2 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

I often wonder if the Canucks idea of “rewarding “ young players from Utica is flying them to Vancouver to watch an NHL game. Kinda a mini vacation for doing a good job. 

Do they serve drinks and ordurves in the press box ?

Beats Utica.

Good God!! I try not to be the spelling police but you butchered that one so badly I had to respond!

hors d'oeuvres

I think I had a mini stroke.  :blink:

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Good God!! I try not to be the spelling police but you butchered that one so badly I had to respond!

hors d'oeuvres

My father loved that word.  He'd pronounce it 'horse doovers'.  You can take the boy out of the Caribou, but not the Caribou out of the boy.

20 hours ago, oldnews said:

Sutter is an elite shutdown center.  

Jesus Murphy....

So glad you aren’t our GM.

We would be a team full of your favourite “elite” type players like Sutter and Gudbranson who are paid big bucks on long term contracts.

The game has passed Sutter by.  We need to move him before other GMs fully realize it.

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

hors d'oeuvres

Glad I was not only wrong about MacEwan getting to play , but your comment on my spelling  made me laugh .

4 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

I often wonder if the Canucks idea of “rewarding “ young players from Utica is flying them to Vancouver to watch an NHL game. Kinda a mini vacation for doing a good job. 

Do they serve drinks and ordurves in the press box ?

Beats Utica.

unless you have a free roster spot, which they almost never do, they can't bring anyone up for a "reward"

4 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Was a high end shutdown center. Don't know what has happened to him this year. Injuries finally catching up to him? He doesn't have very good chemistry with his wingers either this year. 

pretty sure he separated his shoulder this season.....and missed 30 games.

I think he, Roussel and Virtanen make a great line, actually.   Likewise with the Beagle, Motte (LE, Granny) line.

Sutter is clearly not 100% - evident in his faceoff % which has fallen below 50% - but it's what he will bring in the next few years that really matters imo (present results don't really matter as much) - or a significant return if they decide to move him.

Archived